Comp07 first 400w HPS BAG seed grow 2009...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

computer07

Reaction score
well hello everyone i thought i would share my growing experrience with all. Although this is my first grow i do feel confident i will have good yeilds, ive done a ton of research and im trying to get this right the first time...Ok, so here we go.

Grow room setup:
5'(tall) x4x4 Plywood G box
inner solar reflectives(came on the plywood)
through wall fan from the other room to this one with 25' air duct
No Great Exhaust at the moment, ( just kinda crakin the front door hehe)
12 1 Gallon pots

Soil:
1/3 Organic Potting soil
1/3 perlite
1/3 peet moss

Lighting:
400w HPS 55k
Bat wing style hood

Nutes:
Schulz 10-15-10 for veg
Green light 12-56-7 for flower

i personally dont have any experience with HPS lighting but from wat i understand is that u may wanna go for a bit more height especially wit a 400watt HPS. im sure it can be done but you gonna need some sorta way to cool it and yet keep in mind you got 4 ft height minus the light and the distance between lite and plants and also minus height of the pot your growing in, and last but not least after calculating all that an knowin wat you got to play wit for head room you'll probably need to determine wat route of keepin them low your gonna use wether it be LST topping bending etc...
and from your NPK numbers on nutes i think you should be fine wit your flower nutes but your veg nutes you wanna go higher in the N which is the first number second is P which is for flower more

inner solar reflectives(came on the plywood)??? wat kinda reflective material?
mylar or flat white paint even work best from wat i gather too. foils keep in heat and produces hot spots and every crease in the foil screws wit the actual light /lumen reflection

Thanks man but im only using the foil to cover the floor for now...i hung it with fishline , am i too low?

DSCF3192.JPG

DSCF3193.JPG

DSCF3194.JPG

:rant: i planned on the scrog method, it seemed the best way to go with the limited amount of vertical space.:banana:

I wouldn't exactly say you have a vertical challenge. You did say you have a 5ft tall box no?

One thing I do notice though is that you've got a 16 sq/ft area and your only using a 400w. :eek: This is fine for veg, but when you try to flower with only 3400 lumens per sq/ft you are gonna see why we at least try and achieve 5000 per sq/ft.

Get that foil off the floor first thing, light on the underside of leaves is useless to the plant anyway. And as long as you can keep your canopy temps low enough you can have the light as close as you want.

Latest posts

Back