Competition - One plant in restricted grow area

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
10 bulbs around 360 wattage, still uses less electricity than hps or mh

RiskyPack said:
Hello

Here we are at day 35.. I changed the lights to HPS today and to 12/12.. Let the flowering begin. She has grown pretty big and I have high hopes for her. How many tops can you count?

Eastla:I will feed her with GHE Flora tripart, and for blooming booster I'll give her "Advanced Nutrients - Hammerhead" which is PK 9-18. It says on the bottle not to start before one week into flowering, so I'll feed it too her next week. I still use GHE - Diamond Nectar, I will use it 2 weeks into flowering.. Hopefully all this should be enough to give her some dense buds. The genetics are Northern Indian Sativa x Nepali Indica.. Think it is suppose to be 50/50 indica/sativa.. Although it looks clearly dominated by the indica side.

KK: Has your new seed broken the soil yet?

Chef: I can't wait to see how our harvest is going to be.. I think it could be a close run.

kool im growing pure highland nepalese supposed to be "the best hash" .

no matter what you do your shiz is going to be FAT DANK just a matter of time you have more than enough light plus a good nute plan be happy just make sure you let her amber up seems to be the biggest problem in this green world

the chef said:
10 bulbs around 360 wattage, still uses less electricity than hps or mh

go to the store and get some 6500k cfl's those will keep your plant from stretching

I'm not worried about the stretch on this one, my first plant was a sativa dom. and she rocketed when i put her to flower. I know of the bulbs you speak of, there isn't a local hydro store here, and the ones that are a bit of a driving distance you don't wan't to go to. I'm getting my tents this week and maybe soon i'll bend mama's ear and get the 250 watter.

the chef said:
I'm not worried about the stretch on this one, my first plant was a sativa dom. and she rocketed when i put her to flower. I know of the bulbs you speak of, there isn't a local hydro store here, and the ones that are a bit of a driving distance you don't wan't to go to. I'm getting my tents this week and maybe soon i'll bend mama's ear and get the 250 watter.

you can go to any store lowes,home depot,probably wal-mart there just light bulbs.

oh yeah i got their biggest,2-68 watts from home depot and 1-65 watt from lowes.

Here you go eastla i snapped some pics of some of the lights i use. This is just the arrangement i got till my tents arrive. Also snapped some out of focus ones of mai li just fer fun. She's now at 2 foot 3 1/2 inches. She's gonna be a monster! I'm very pleased with the cfl's. Think i'm gonna stick with it, it seems to be working fer me.

DCFC0022.JPG

DCFC0023.JPG

DCFC0024.JPG

DCFC0025.JPG

DCFC0026.JPG

DCFC0027.JPG

DCFC0028.JPG

DCFC0029.JPG

DCFC0030.JPG

I like the idea of CFL.. But I must say that instead of 360 watt of cfl I would switch to a 250 watt HPS.. But it is nice that you have multiple bulbs, so the light can reach the lower branches as well.. The CFL seems to be working out great for you.

Nice grow competition...
It's good to see everyone having fun.

I might consider a competition later when everyone starts up again.

I would love to try an air pumped, heated, soil grow I've been considering.
If you allow multiple plants I might try an AeroBucket.

In fact... I'm preparing now.... :)

chef,
you know your my homeboy, but we have discussed this before, Your missin out with stickin to the chl's You have no idea man.
I have used both and there really is no comparrison.

on a side note, i still wannna smoke ur dank lookin bud, cfl or hps.lol

aplaisia you can join now.. But the one plant thing stands firm.. This is to see what a grower can potentially do with one plant.. How much can you really get out of your strain under certain conditions.. But please join in.. The more the better.

once again can't run hps or mh due to heat and electric cost.

360 watt of cfl is more expensive than 250 watt of HPS.. This will not generate a lot more heat.. I have 2 x 120 mm fans to cool my cabinet, and I have 400 watt HPS

I have one stand up fan on breeze that cools my flower room, look i thank you all fer the advise on switching to mh/hps and it's not that i'm not sold on the idea there are alot of things to consider......THE WIFEY! A full blown set-up would have stopped this before it started. The wife is just now feeling comfortable enough to have grow tents in the house. I have to use what's low cost and gradually build up so as to not freak out the wife. I'm doing perrty well with the cfl's and a mh/hps set-up would be ideal fer me but i got her feelings to consider. She doesn't smoke, barely has a drink like maybe 2 times a year and is one hell of a woman. So it will take me awhile to talk her into being ok with a better set-up untill then i gotta go with what i got. Thank you all and um oh yeah....don't be scared it's only a little light...hehehe

hahaha

very understandable my friend. Doenst mean we cant still give ya a hard time. Ole wife runs your life hu? ahhaha. jk. Mine runs mine.

My wife too was very skeptical at first to say the least. She came around, and so will your's. too bad she doesnt toke one every once in a while. thats probably the only reason i have the equipment i have now, the wife loved the first harvest so much that she complained and got mad at me when we ran out. hehehe

I think ur doing great with the cfl's, some people cant even grow a stick with them.

But yes, later on, i wouldnt worry about heat issues as they are easily fixed with a good inline fan. but thats for tha future my friend.

Until then It seems like it will be CFL vs HPS.. Soil vs Hydroponics... Indica vs Sativa.. A 3 way competition... I can't wait to see the results... On the paper I have all the aces, but that is one hell of a plant you got there Chef.. Still waiting to see what KK will be up to with his coco grow, maybe he will beat both of us in the end. Only time will tell.

Here are some pictures from today

Day 037 - 01.JPG

Day 037 - 02.JPG

Day 037 - 03.JPG

frosty nugs i have seen the bosses job......i don't want it! If you didn't razz me i wouldn't feel welcome. Risky....damn, jeebus! you got one hell of a fat plant there. Ya know this is the first comp i don't mind losing. Think about it ...whats the prize fer second or maybe third place, a big fat plant! Losing is still winning here!

straight to the pics...

1-the whole view of the box, 2 upper fans = out take. smaller, lower fan = intake. strain = cheese. 4x 42watt CFLs.

2- comparison between a bic lighter and the closed box.

3- hella nice art that reminds me of hallucinations on DMT and psilocybin mushrooms...:peace:

miniature teacher.JPG

dmt.jpg

size of the cheese gro box.JPG

Well Chef... So far I think you have a fair chance.. Your plant is much taller than mine, and lots of things can still go wrong.. You never know. Hopefully we will all have a big fat harvest..

Killum: Nice setup... Might not be the biggest plant, but it will make plenty of nice joints.. Good work.

Nice set-up kill, risky you n me gonna rock n rollem brother! Here's mai li in all her glory. Man she gonna take a long time to flower. Her main cola is starting to form, and she's at 2'6" today. I was moving her around and whoosh! That skunky stank! Gonna be a nice harvest....one of these days. Things putting along green mojo to ya all!

DCFC0001.JPG

DCFC0002.JPG

DCFC0003.JPG

DCFC0004.JPG

DCFC0005.JPG

DCFC0006.JPG

DCFC0007.JPG

Latest posts

Back