cosmic nights grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cheers TBG, thanx for droping by man, good to know that help is at hand(although i hope i won`t need it just yet).
this is my third grow although this is the only one where "i think" i know what i`m doing.the last two grows were disasterish with that "hot soil mix" on my last grow,my gals were doomed from the start:cry: .
then i had the "hard water/high calcium content:rolleyes: .
but this grow seems to be going well so far, and after reading up on this forum(think i`ve scanned the whole forum!)for a couple of months,i "hope"
i`ve got the basics down anyway,but i still feel like i know nothing!there is sooo much info to take on and i always learn something new every day on this forum;) .
anyways, things are going well man,"cosmic nights" are doin great, but the widow skunk are hard to germ,and are taking well longer than the cosmic nights to break the soil surface.three out of 5 have popped there heads up after seven days,patience is a virtue that "we" must all posess.
i`ll post more pics tomorrow and you all can let me know what you think.
cheers dudes,shuggy:48: :fly: :fly:

sorry bout that SHUGGY... haha too stoned and i must have tunnel vision... and just thought it must have been shaggy.. haha... might wanna back off that ganj... peace man

:fly: :stoned: :48: :fly: no probs EPC,lol.here`s an update on the potential ladies....
note the size difference between the "cosmic nights" and the "widow skunk",unbeleivable man or else i was just too stoned to remember when i planted them!
I`m waiting on two of each, germing as we speak and awaiting two "widow skunk" breaking the soil surface.
let me know what you think ppl....1st pic-cosmic nights. well, first pic is of some good stuff that cost me an arm and a leg,but pic 2-cosmic nights,
pic 3-4 widow skunk.enjoy.........sorry for the "album"
can`t wait till i am smokin` my own,nothing better on this planet.
camera`s crap man,sorry bout quality dudes.

praktrica 035.jpg

praktrica 036.jpg

praktrica 037.jpg

praktrica 038.jpg

praktrica 039.jpg

praktrica 040.jpg

praktrica 043.jpg

praktrica 041.jpg

another little update.....the one plant has taken off man,looks to be doing much better than all the rest.hope to god she`s a she.

first pic is of the high flyer "cosmic nights",she`s been getting exactly the same as the other gals,but she`s deffinately around a week ahead of the rest for sure.it`s really weird.
let me know what you think...:bong1: :cool: :bong1: the other pics are "widow skunk",one of the lovely ladies seem to be picking up though.

praktrica 044.jpg

praktrica 046.jpg

praktrica 047.jpg

praktrica 048.jpg

looking good so far... im about a week and a half behind you. im at day 2 waiting for seeds to poke through. best of luck

i`ve switched germing technique, due to the "widow skunk" being very difficult ta crack.From the paper towel method to the cup of water method. After only a day, the "ww x skunk" cracked and after planting, it broke the soil surface in 24 hrs also.
I`ve now resorted back to the "PTM" as the "cosmicnights" didn`t show their tap root, or even crack. So, i`ll try this and if it doesn`t work i`ll change method again.
post some pics in the morning so you all can see how they`re coming along. cheers man, Shuggy:stoned: :ccc: :stoned: :fly: :fly:
thanx for droping by FunStarFish,do you have a journal?

Everything seems to be moving right along shuggy. Keep up the good work.

Thanks for the kind words all. here`s an update so far, 2 weeks into life man.
let me know what you think ppl.
it`s the "cosmic nights" that are the biggest, although the "widow skunk" is catching up quick-style.......appologies for the pic quality, this tiny camera is......well,you know what i mean.And it`s night here so light is crud.

praktrica 018.jpg : :stoned:

does anyone know how i can resize my pics so they are bigger?as at the moment they`re tiny.
cheers, Shuggy.
praktrica 025.jpg
i`ll post better pics in the morning man,these ones are crap.
also,on one of my girls, her veins are yellow,only the bottom two leaves though.
Any ideas?

Attachments

• praktrica 020.jpg
    praktrica 020.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 33
  • praktrica 009.jpg
    praktrica 009.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 30
  • praktrica 012.jpg
    praktrica 012.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 37
  • praktrica 019.jpg
    praktrica 019.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 26
looking real good man i will keep my eye on your grow

shuggy4105 said:
another little update.....the one plant has taken off man,looks to be doing much better than all the rest.hope to god she`s a she.

first pic is of the high flyer "cosmic nights",she`s been getting exactly the same as the other gals,but she`s deffinately around a week ahead of the rest for sure.it`s really weird.
let me know what you think...:bong1: :cool: :bong1: the other pics are "widow skunk",one of the lovely ladies seem to be picking up though.
hey bro just wanted to say that the plants look awsome bro. cant wait to see the out come hope all goes well bro i love skunk:D peace

Here`s some better pics with better lighting,maybe you`ll be able to see them this time,LOL.:ccc: :stoned: :ccc: .
1st and 2nd pics "cosmic nights" 3-4-5 are "widow skunk". Then a side view in same order, enjoy!
let me know what ya think of em.
look at the difference in size from the "cosmic nights to the widow skunk".
all were planted on the 1st of this month, 2 weeks old.
These new HID cfl`s are doing their job nicely.:)

praktrica 026.jpg

praktrica 027.jpg

praktrica 029.jpg

praktrica 028.jpg

praktrica 034.jpg

praktrica 030.jpg

praktrica 032.jpg

praktrica 033.jpg

thanx for dropin` in PR,and the kind words. Keeps me motivated man lol.
cheers, Shuggy.

SHuggy... hows it goin man... the ladies are doing great (well soon to be ladies) haha but ya they are looking good those cosmic nights are doing great keep it up man peace

cheers EPC, i`ve messed up my previous two grows, but learned alot from the experience. You can`t beat a bit of practical-hands-on learning man.
I have learned the most critical thing in growing mj, "patience".
"IMHO", i think that`s a large part of the problem, as when you first start to grow you want to fiddle about with them and add nutes(usually too early:rolleyes: )then adding water and more water. "I" believe those are the two main reasons for "failed crops", over watering and over fert.....and maybe not reading up through the grow journals, and other various methods of information gathering. Most ppl think they know all they need to know,untill they "dive in" feet first and find out they really don`t know much. I still know i have lots to learn,every day i see and learn something new.
sometimes the things you hear contradict other stuff that you thought was "gospel". but once you`ve read up for a few months, and got your first (probably failed) grow attempt finished,then you can begin a proper "well informed" crop.The forum is always there if you have any problems which you can`t diagnose yourself, "Someone" will have the remedy info you need.Like me right now, i have a problem with one of my seedlings (two weeks old)that i can`t figure out what`s wrong, the bottom two leaves, not the round ones,are turning light brown. It seems to be spreading up the plant,as i`ve noticed that the tips of my second set of leaves have began to brown, very slightly but never-the-less, it does mean that it is spreading,bottom to top.
i started them off in sterile soil, 1tbs lime,a pinch of bone meal and half a cup of worm castings per gallon. This is the "cosmic nights" gal that had such phenominal growth, compared to the others-"widow skunk and more cosmic nights", so i naturally thought that this is "lacking in nutes" as all i have given them is water every 3-4 days with sporadic misting of the soil surface :confused2:.
all the others are doin` great, so no need to change anything with them, however the seedling that has the "browning leaves" has now been transplanted, and is being given very dilluted "Baby Bio" plant food-NPK=10.9-1.4-1.9. Soon i`ll be giving them some high nitrogen feed, once all are transplanted, this has an NPK ratio of 25-15-15. For bloom i have a couple of products with high pottasium and high phosphorus.
In fact i have so many different nutrients that i`m spoiled for choice, in all stages of growth and tweakers for problems etc.
If the problem persists or gets worse over the next couple of days, i`ll have to re-asess the situation, maybe post pics for more feedback in the "sick plants" section. I also noticed on one other gal that her veins are yellow, is this a sign of deficiency? I`m sure i read somewhere that this was some sort of def.
Overall, things are going good right now:) .
any feedback and ppl`s opinions are very much:welcome: :stoned: and appreciated, cheers dudes + dudettes. Can anyone tell me how to enlarge my pics?
Shuggy.

praktrica 041.jpg

praktrica 040.jpg

praktrica 035.jpg

well folks i`ve not managed to shake this "browning problem",still only on the 1 "cosmic nights".The widow skunk is doing good and the other cosmic nights too.
once it appeared i thought, due to the rapid growth, that it was "lack of nutes" as i had only been giving them water-ph 6.5.
after starting this one plant on nutes, the problem has remained:( .all the others are doing great.
can`t seem to figure this out man, any ideas?:rant: :grinch: :cry:
Also, the leaves on the second set began to curl up?
i`m sure i`ve read that it`s some sort of defficiency, could this be under-watering?
i give them around 200ml every 3-4 days,like the soil to dry out a bit,the one problematic "cosmic nights" which i transplanted,has been getting 300ml.after a few days of it not clearing up with nutes, i went back to streight water.then the curling this morning??

after starting this one plant on nutes, the problem has remained:( .all the others are doing great.

It will remain. What matters is has it progressed? If not, take it that she was hungrey. Not all plants feed the same.

seems to be persisting man, spreading possibly all be it slowly.
gonna start "some" of them on some high nitrogen feed 25-15-15 NPK.
gonna go in with a heavy dilluted amount though, that way there`s no way to burn em:) .
I`ll post fresh pics of them tomorrow.:aok:
gonna try and not worry about that little one(well it`s quite big actually)as what`s the point,if it gets worse i`ll worry.
what d`you think of the feed NPK?

NPK looks good bro, what type fertilizer is it?-brand- synthetic or organic?

By heavily diluted, how do you mean? 1/4 strength is the most I'd dilute it to, but those plants look like they could handle up to 1/2 right now.

When you mixed your soil up, are you sure you got that lime distributed well? If that one pot got more it could be the issue. I've got some in my garden right now that I limed heavily like a DA and they went light green and have started showing micro deficiencies. A tranplant into untampered soil has stopped that and Im getting green growth again.

I dunno how many grows you've had, but for the first 2-3 I think its best to buy a commercial all purpose potting soil or organic potting soil. Let some one else do the guess work of PHing and fertilizing and you (as the grower) only have to worry about supplimenting their mix. Learn the plant and how it grows then focus on improving your interactions with it.

nds

yeah dude i was meaning 1/2 nutes and it`s synthetic not organic.
I would`ve done this-my third grow, organically, had i had the info on it.
Today i noticed that the veins on the "problematic" gal, are yellow on one leaf. Any ideas of what this could be?:confused: ?
My first two grows went terrible. the first was before i was online and i didn`t know that females were the only plants that bud! so all the males i had, all in one big five gallon container, with the females. I was using "miracle grow" soil and one 20w cfl`s.i didn`t know that the flip of lights had to happen, it was a total waste of time.But one good thing that came out of that was the ability to identify males to females.
Second grow i only had four plants total, two of which were male and i gave em the chop. The females remaining were doing allright untill i caught a dose of "spider mites".
They dessecrated my crop in a week man:cry: , but only the two females so not much lost.
and there was also an "incident" as i call it, rather than an actual grow.
Had just got my 400w HPS and good soil (so i thouight).
I ordered some WW and had some bag-seed, planted them all in seperate little containers, got my space sorted and painted, germed the seed and 12 out of 16 sprouted their tap-root and made it into the containers, then streight under the HPS.
Within a week, they were all dead! Totally burned by the fertilizer in the soil, plus my little additives:eek:.
so now i`ve learned quite a bit on the practical side of things, but i feel there`s still loads more i don`t know:stoned:.
Can`t figure out the problem i`ve got now, never mind actually having a successfull crop-start to finish.However,i have big hopes for this one though, got off to quite a good start and i`ve transplanted one allready, and thinking about doing another three.
There`s ten plants in total, five "widow skunk" and five "cosmic nights"
Still got some beans held back though, just in case:).These beans have been quite hard to germ man, i`ve had to change method a couple of times for some seed does nothing for ages. So i try different ways of increasing temp, humidity etc. So far i`ve lost 5, due to not rooting in the pots and one day i forgot to give them a spray and the seed germed and dried out. tragic man, just tragic.
anyway, if any one has advice on the "browning" then let me know.
I`ll post new pics in the morning dudes, cheers.:confused2: :48: :stoned: :bong: :fly:
P.S thanks to all who stuck this read out man!

Latest posts

Back