cosmic nights grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
here`s an update at 3 weeks, the gals are coing on great.
the "browning" seems to be keeping at bay, just had to wait it out.
llast pic is the stragler, planted four days later....:stoned: :guitar: :stoned:

praktrica 045.jpg

praktrica 046.jpg

praktrica 051.jpg

praktrica 049.jpg

praktrica 052.jpg

praktrica 053.jpg

praktrica 050.jpg

well folks, things are doing good and the "browning" i had has gone:).
day 23 today and they`re all looking great,getting a nice odour coming from them. smell isn`t really an issue for me,in fact, the only thing that`s stoping me setting up the size grow i want is "lack of experience".
but, it`s not a tiny grow. i only have one HPS 400w and a couple of cfl`s 30" high intensity bulbs 18000k.12 girls growing well,still germing a couple more in the expectancy of a 50% male ratio,but who knows, they could all be male:eek:.or (as i like to think) majority female:cool: .
i`ll post some pics tomorrow, can`t really be bothered to drag em out the grow space for a photo shoot man.
this grow has been good so far, very little problems compared to my other attempts.but as i said before,this is the first of which i have done my homework before hand, and it seems to be paying off (at the moment:cool:.)
i would like to find out just how close i can get with the 400w HPS. at the moment it`s 20" from the top of my largest lady, and 30 from the shortest due to the late planting of a few beans. but hey, they all grow at different rates anyway so i`m not too hassled about the difference.
I`m keeping my cfl`s on the smallest, untill they`re established in conjunction with the 400w.
growth is really starting to pick up,gonna have to transplant another few soon, couple of days.
cheers,
Shuggy.:yay:

:mad: well, just a lil` update on the grow, browning gone, but one of my ladies has really droopy leaves, apart from that ,things are good.
i have not came across any major hurdles man, must be doing something right!lol.
first pic is of the droopy leaved "cosmic nights".
they`re all jumbled up, but the pics are a mix of "cosmic nights and widow skunk"
let me know if you`ve any ideas on the droopy leaves:stoned: :48: :smoke1: :bong: :joint: :bugger:
sorry dudes think my cameras fecked.

het man, my camera might not be working but i`ll give it a shot....
one of my girls has droopy leaves. the main stem is strong however,the leaf stems that are drooping have flimsy stems.
this is only with one plant a "cosmic nights" gal.
any ideas and help needed please...:huh:

Picture 002.jpg

shuggy4105 said:
het man, my camera might not be working but i`ll give it a shot....
one of my girls has droopy leaves. the main stem is strong however,the leaf stems that are drooping have flimsy stems.
this is only with one plant a "cosmic nights" gal.
any ideas and help needed please...:huh:

I baby my plants and its funny because I think you and me are really close to grows. My oldest plant right now is at 19 days old. Yesterday I had one of my plants slightly dip its leaves and I was like, man thats odd because I don't overwater or underwater my plants. So I went to a tractor supply store and bought a soil PH test kit. Yeah it was expensive at 5 dollars a test but I went ahead and got two of them. I decided that if I tested two pots and those came out bad that I probably had the problem among all my pots. I tested two different pots and they both came up as slightly acidic nearing very acidic (6.0 to 5.0 range). With mary jane you want to be the 7.0 range.

So I went to wal mart and bought a bag of lime you put in soil. It was like 4 bucks or something and mixed that in as best I could without disturbing the roots of my ladies. Prior to this, that morning I watered my plants because I thought I might have underwatered them because I hadn't watered them in 2 days.

After I mixed the Lime in the soil (not a ton just a handful or so per pot (10 inch pots) I took a water bottle with a sprayer on it and misted the lime that was on the top soil. I went to work and came home and 8 hours later the plants had picked up their leaves and the ones that hadn't even started sagging yet perked up a big. The only one that didn't perk up as much as the others is the one I think I broke some roots on. It didn't get sick or anything because I didn't break the main root or anything so I figure it'll be back up to speed in a couple of days.

moral of my post? CHECK YOUR PH LEVELS!

I'm gonna keep up with your journal see how my grow compares to yours.!

I can't say how fast you need to check your ph levels and adjust acordingly. Your baby is dieing and if you don't act quick she might go past the point of no return.

thanx for the reply dude, i allready added lime in my pre-mix, and i water with ph-6.4 balanced bottled water.
this is only happening on one plant, the rest are doin` great.
it`s not the ph, MJ likes a ph of between 6.3-6.9.that`s what i keep my ph at, in order to allow all the nutrients which she needs from being "locked out". it`s always been the thing that i monitor regularly, as i`ve seen and had problems with my ph level in the past.
can`t be ph..........any other ideas?:stoned: :bong: :48: :fly:
maybe i should transplant? she`s still in her starting pot.

if its not your ph than it has to be overwater or underwater. Maybe a nute deficiency? If you go to a local tractor store they should have a ph tester kit with tests for all the nutes as well. Try that and maybe its low in something you need to add?

just give her water a week, feel it out, see if things normalize. cool grow man, isn't it weird how there can be one sensitive plant in a group?

funstarfish said:
just give her water a week, feel it out, see if things normalize. cool grow man, isn't it weird how there can be one sensitive plant in a group?

yeah, I have one right now that is being a ***** compared to the rest. She is not soaking up water like the rest so I think I may have overwatered but whatever. She slightly wilted but I dunno. She is fine, (no discoloration or anything). I figured I just won't water her tommorrow with all the other plants so she can get out of her "shock".

hey dudes, went to my grow room this morning and 3 others are drooping their leaves,on another one the stem is very weak.it`s not too old/well not much growth for her age but she would fall over if she wasn`t supported by the soil which i added this morning. my camera is acting up so i can`t post any pics right now.
"I" think this could be under-watering, as i read that drooping leaves is a sign of over and under-watering. anyone got that info that was posted on a thread a while back? my soil is drying out quick style, and i`m only watering every 3-4 days, which i`m changing to every 2nd day.
also ALL my gals, both strains have red stems, on one young plant the stem isbending right over!
any feedback would be great man, and thanks for all the responses so far.thanx draston n funstarfish.
Shuggy:( sad Shuggy....

hi all, just a lil update on the ladies.
i`m trying to post some pics but i`m not sure if it`ll work, but here goes anyway, the fisrst pic is of the problematic "cosmic nights" gal, after a good watering the leaves perked up good, although the bottom sets are still droopy:confused: . not too worried man as it is just a few bottom leaves,should i worry?
here`s some pics anyway...1st three are the droopy leaves,only the bottom half sets........:bong1: :cool: :bong1:
last pic is of my newly confirmed female! can`t be 100% yet, but i see hairs man ye ha!

praktrica 004.jpg

praktrica 005.jpg

praktrica 007.jpg

praktrica 008.jpg

praktrica 009.jpg

praktrica 010.jpg

praktrica 011.jpg

praktrica 012.jpg

the plant is pretty weak right now. You didn't water it enough and its under a lot of stress right now. Give it time.

gave her some more water and she`s drooping again, must have over-watered:( .
don`t know if she`ll take the stress, hope so....:confused:

my gals seem to be "closing up" is the best way i can describe it.
the leaves are rough and closing up,pretty weird.stems are flimsy and stay in the shape if you bend them over??
anyone got any ideas?:confused:

possibility but I bet its over watered now... Just give her time man.... IF you keep stressing them they might die, they are on the verge now as you describe it.

true man, true. feels as though they`re on the verge dudes.
thanx for the input EPC and Draston, can`t be heat stress. the light is 30" from the furthest top and no closer that 18" from the tallest gal (400w HPS) with a fan blowing onto them 24/7.
this morning the problematic one has perked up, but my others have problems man. they seem tired.....:confused: :( .
all ideas welcome, don`t have a clue how i`ve messed this one up.

if you look at the last pics, you can see the leaves in a "v" sort of shape.
this is happening on new growth:confused: :eek: :confused:
help needed man....

Latest posts

Back