cosmic nights grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd say you underwatered them and then overwatered them. I'd stop watering and just give it a couple of days.

some pics of this problem, crap camera man.
see how the leaves are folding on their half way mark?looks like they`re folding in the middle, what causes this!! anyone?:eek: :argue:
this is a new leaf...

praktrica 013.jpg

praktrica 016.jpg

praktrica 014.jpg

praktrica 015.jpg

the first 3 pics are of the bottom of the plant, the following 3 are of the top of the same plant........diagnosis required ASAP, they`re degenerating by the hour.....

praktrica 017.jpg

praktrica 021.jpg

praktrica 018.jpg

praktrica 023.jpg

praktrica 024.jpg

praktrica 013.jpg

dude my plants were doing that too... because of heat stress but that might not be what was wrong with yours i dont know... just telling you what was wrong with mine

they leaves that look nute burned were the first set, but the top is darker foliage than the bottom.no other of my gals are burning, but, i can see that all are dark green and leaves look like they have been folded:confused:.
each finger is folded upwards along it`s main vein.......ideas??:cool: :eek:

shuggy4105 said:
they leaves that look nute burned were the first set, but the top is darker foliage than the bottom.no other of my gals are burning, but, i can see that all are dark green and leaves look like they have been folded:confused:.
each finger is folded upwards along it`s main vein.......ideas??:cool: :eek:
There is a condition called denaturation. It's not caused by nutrients. It's caused by stress.

If this plant were to have had any over abundance of stress, it could cause this problem.

Over watering
Under watering
Humidity to high or low
CO2 depletion
root rot (can be checked by looking at root ball. If slimy, it's that.)
Over pruning
breaking of too many branches
Too many sun leaves pulled off

Any of these or combinations of these can cause denaturation. Since it's the only plant in the group that shows the problem, if it is denaturation, then that would eliminate Humidity and CO2.

Of the other problems, which have happened to this one plant?

this plant is my first "confirmed" female,a cosmic nights gal which had the extremely fast growth at the beggining.the problems have mainly been with this one.
thanks for the input Stoney, things are looking better now. she`s all one colour again.:cool: :) :cool:

just a lil update on the gals, i have my first "confirmed" female! feels great man, to have that problem with her sorted. weird that this is the same female that i was having trouble with, is the first to show sex:) .
i`ll post more pics in a bit, busy day man, busy day...:bump:

It's good to hear that your plant has recovered man.

Good luck!

Hey ppl,
just a quick update on my fine ladies.
the gal i`ve been having all the problems with, has developed brown patches/spots on some of the fan leaves:eek:, apart from that she looks healthy.
all my other girls are great, looking really good, so i don`t know what this could be?? maybe it`s just her "recovering" from the stress of the last couple of weeks,but i want to know what has caused it i.e a def of some sort. any ideas folks?:( :grinch: :cool:
it seems to be spreading up the plant. maybe i just haven`t noticed it before, but now it looks as though it`s all over the girl. Weird man, brown sporadic patches over the main leaves. not on any new growth, help if anyone can?

ater a little thought (and looking through the sticky`s,)i made a soluble mix of "phostrogen" which is high in "k", and "manganese", with a pinch of "epsom salts". We`ll see how this turns out man, she`s a strong healthy girl, and my first "confirmed" female:heart::chuck: , gods on my side man.lol
i`ll keep you informed folks;) hope it`s good news.

Have you already thrown your plants into flowering? Just wondering because my plants are just about as old as yours (around 4 weeks old).

No Draston, i`m still in "veg" man, and i plan on vegging untill i have them all sexed (around 8 weeks), that way i can take clones from them, knowing they`re female.The best time to take clones is in "veg". I don`t know why, maybe it`s because they would have to re-adjust to 24/7 lighting again, which is stressfull on them.
anyways, i`ve sexed 3 so far and have all females:) :) ,and also "i think" a couple more are females too. But no doubt, i`ll get males somewhere for sure man.
my ladies are just about 5 weeks dude,so we`re pretty close. Have you came across any problems yourself,and what you growing?
soil, hydro or what man, just out of interest;) :peace: :48: :bolt: :stoned:

well this browning, i have noticed it now on one other gal:( , but i think i may have the diagnosis.I have been misting my girls with a weak epsom salt mix,with ph balanced water. i`ve been doing this sometimes with the light on,big no-no right? But i couldn`t think why all the plants didn`t have the same rust coloured patches on them:confused:. I didn`t do this often, but once every second watering, i foliar feed with the epsom salts mix spray.here`s a few pics, the quality is crap but maybe you`ll be able to see my problem......hopefully.
all help greatly apprieciated dudes, cheers
Shuggy
P.S- let me know what you all think......:rant: :confused2: :joint: :fly: :stoned:
As i said, i`ve noticed a single rust spot on another gal too. it may just be the misting with the lights on,if not,i don`t know. I`ve been reading through the sticky`s, and according to them- she has a manganese def, and low on "K". so i made up a soluble mix of high "K" and manganese mixture, and foliar fed the ladies that. that was today, i`ll keep ya informed of any progress.
there is no other issues with this one gal, and she looks healthy apart from the rust patches:( All of them do.

praktrica 005.jpg

praktrica 007.jpg

praktrica 004.jpg

praktrica 010.jpg

praktrica 006.jpg

DAY32: Well i think it`s time for a photo shoot for my models,lol.
there`s one that has red stems and droopy leaves, it`s the first two pics man.
let me know your opinions dudes, help is greatly needed.....
enjoy!
these pics were taken before their watering session, but they do look droopy, nothing else except, the rust spots/patches on the two plants.I think it was the "misting" with the HPS on.

praktrica 011.jpg

praktrica 012.jpg

praktrica 013.jpg

praktrica 015.jpg

praktrica 016.jpg

praktrica 017.jpg

praktrica 018.jpg

praktrica 019.jpg

praktrica 020.jpg

praktrica 014.jpg

The plants have great size and compactness shuggy. I would advise you to prevent them from having so much water stress. Repeated occurances of this "drooping" because of lack of water will create a hermie.

Good luck to you man!

DAY 32: Yeah Stoney, thanks for the advice. I`ll begin watering every day, alternating nutes.
Or should i water with a larger amount every 2 days, alt nutes too?:cool2:
cheers,
Shuggy
I`ve been alting nutes every 2 days since first administering the nutes at week4.

You should be able to adjust your nute strength to be able to give it to the plant with each watering. If you give it "X" amount every other day, then you can give it half of "X" each day. The end result is exactly the same amount of nutes, but the plant gets some every day that way. It's one more way to relieve the plant of any stress.

Give the plant a good watering until the water just starts to come out the bottom while being fed s-l-o-w-l-y from the top. Then let it go until you see a slight amount of drooping. Learn to give it water *just* before it starts drooping. You'll get it down man. People have been doing this correctly for centuries.

When a plant suffers from under watering, it's stress.

When a plant suffers from over watering, it's stress.

If you give nutes to a plant one watering and not another, you're either giving it the wrong amount of nutes or depriving it of nutes on every other day which in turn makes it stress.

Part of learning to grow is to learn to give nutrients properly. The nutrient strength should be adequate to give the plant all of the nutes it needs, and should be given on a steady, routine basis. Skipping days is a human thing, not a plant thing. It's like singing to them. It might make you feel good, but it means nothing to the plant.

Half the amount of nutes your giving your plants and give it to them every time you water. Adjust your nutrient strength until you can give it to them at the same strength every time you water with no signs of stress.

Good luck to you man!

thanx alot man,that`s just what i`ll do, and i`ll keep you all informed dudes.

Latest posts

Back