cosmic nights grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanx for that bit of info stoney, just this morning i can see a big improvement... cheers dude.:lama:

time for some pic updates.... but first i want to tell you about the problems i`m having now.
Stoney identified a "mg def" for me and whilst it helped recover my ladies-one of them still is having problems. i`ve posted in the sick plants section if you want to read it in full.it`s posted with the title "yellowing problems,pics"
anyway, any info on this will be greatly apreciated:doh:.
here`s some pics of my gals, and some pics of the up and coming kids.
let me know what you think dudes...
:hubba: :woohoo: :stuff-1125699181_i_ :lama:
sorry again about the pic quality, crap cam man...
time for these ladies to do some sun-bathing!
week 4 flower BTW. they`re all over 5 ft.

praktrica 031.jpg

praktrica 032.jpg

praktrica 033.jpg

praktrica 044.jpg

praktrica 039.jpg

praktrica 051.jpg

praktrica 041.jpg

praktrica 049.jpg

praktrica 036.jpg

praktrica 052.jpg

praktrica 047.jpg

praktrica 046.jpg

:stoned: :lama:
does anyone have an idea of what this "yellowing" of the leaves is?
i`m thinking that, as it`s on the bottom of my gal, maybe the light isn`t getting to there. but the tips of new growth are curling up, which makes me think it`s a mg def still, even though the others have recovered....
i will continue with the epsom salts treatment, but i`m affraid to over-do it as too much mg locks out other essential ellements. anyone??:hitchair:

here`s those pics of the kids:hubba: ........
they`re around 3 weeks man, but i`ve kinda lost track of the age because i`ve been concentrating on the flowering gals. it`s hard work dude! these are being grown under HID flourescents. when the others are done flowering, i`ll move the kids into flower.
:hairpull: :2940th_rasta: :peace: :2940th_rasta: enjoy...

praktrica 053.jpg

praktrica 054.jpg

praktrica 055.jpg

praktrica 056.jpg

praktrica 058.jpg

praktrica 059.jpg

praktrica 060.jpg

praktrica 061.jpg

praktrica 063.jpg

praktrica 064.jpg

praktrica 062.jpg

praktrica 065.jpg

there is another problem appearing on this same gal which has not recovered through the "epsom salts" treatment. now on this same one she is curling at the tips of new growth. no discolouration, they just "curl/spiral like", and dry up.again there is no colour change, but this has me worried as it`s the new growth, which is covered in trichs and i`m losing them! maybe i should flush?

Leaf curl is discussed on the same page I refered you to. Check it out.

i think i`ll flush, i haven`t done one since the beggining of flower 32 days ago.
i can`t seem to find what the problem is on that link you hooked me up with Stoney. this is only occuring on the one gal, the other is strong and healthy with a 1/2 meter cola on the top. i`m going back for another scan of that link, maybe i missed something....

well Stoney i went back to the greenman`s page and it has no mention of the problem i`m having, but it could be a number of combined defficiences like mn, fe, often occur together.
the first pic is of the "rusting" and also shows the curling up. they seem to be curling and twisting in all directions, with the only colour change being the tips drying and turning deep green.however the tips of some leaves are yellow/gold. the pic quality is crap man, you can`t really see the rust patches.
the second pic is of a leaf which i took off the top cola, to show what is going on.
this is doing my head in man, can`t seem to figure this one out. i`m continuing to give epsom salt sprays too.
i`ve flushed this morning, the problematic gal only as the others are doing great.
how long should i wait untill re-administering nutes?
bud production has slowed big-time:hairpull:
also there is no smell coming from them, i know it`s not the smell that gets you high but still, it has me worried that something major has gone wrong.
just on the one female though:mad: :confused:.
anyone have some advice you can throw my way:spit:
cheers from Sad Shuggy:fid:

forgot to add the pics:doh:lol.
first 2= rusting, last 2=drying leaf from top cola.

praktrica 067.jpg

praktrica 068.jpg

praktrica 066.jpg

praktrica 069.jpg

shuggy4105 said:
well Stoney i went back to the greenman`s page and it has no mention of the problem i`m having, but it could be a number of combined defficiences like mn, fe, often occur together.
the first pic is of the "rusting" and also shows the curling up. they seem to be curling and twisting in all directions, with the only colour change being the tips drying and turning deep green.however the tips of some leaves are yellow/gold. the pic quality is crap man, you can`t really see the rust patches.
the second pic is of a leaf which i took off the top cola, to show what is going on.
this is doing my head in man, can`t seem to figure this one out. i`m continuing to give epsom salt sprays too.

Don't spray the epsom salts on the plants. That's only a very fast temporary cure. You need to put it into the water the plants get watered with. If that worked, then the addition of it to your watering will really work. Not too much tho'. Measure good.

On that page, I think this still is your problem:

3) a) Margins of the leaves are turned up, and the tips may be twisted. Leaves are yellowing (and may turn brown), but the veins remain somewhat green. >> Magnesium (Mg) deficiency.

Magnesium - Mg-deficiency is pretty common since marijuana uses lots of it and many fertilizers don't have enough of it. Mg-deficiency is easily fixed with ¼ teaspoon/gallon of Epsom salts (first powdered and dissolved in some hot water) or foliar feed at ½ teaspoon/quart. When mixing up soil, use 2 teaspoon dolomite lime per gallon of soil for Mg. Mg can get locked-up by too much Ca, Cl or ammonium nitrogen. Don't overdo Mg or you'll lock up other nutrients.

how long will i wait before re-introducing nutes after the flush i`ve done?
i`ll start adding the epsom salts to the water, cheers

I would start the nutes at the proper dosage immediately. Part of your plants problems are deficiencies of nutes. Withholding them will only make it worse.

as i`ve just flushed Stoney, should i water with nutes now or wait till the soil dries a little?

shuggy4105 said:
as i`ve just flushed Stoney, should i water with nutes now or wait till the soil dries a little?
Wait until your next watering. The plants will "shock" a little because of the flushing.

your grow is looking pretty sweetness shuggy! How far into flowering are your babbies? Mine are just finishing week 3 of floweirng.

Draston said:
your grow is looking pretty sweetness shuggy! How far into flowering are your babbies? Mine are just finishing week 3 of floweirng.
i`m having some problems with one of my ladies at the moment Draston.
as you can see from the journal.
i`m on day 32 today, and i think one of my ladies has been pollinated:shocked: as her pistils are orange allready, the majority of them are. and as Stoney has pointed out, this could be down to them being pollinated and becoming seed:doh: :spit:. it has some suspicious things on her that might- and probably is an open pollen sack:mad: :hitchair: Death To All Hermies! i`ll make some hash with them. this has happened as i have a hermie growing on my balcony, and another "suspected" hermie that`s covered in trichs and is over 5ft tall. i should get some nice hash from them, but i need to do a little research on how to make it, obviously for the easiest and cheapest way possible. So it`s not a total loss, but i just hope that i`ve caught that she-man before it`s pollinated all my sensimelia girls:doh: :doh:
i`ll do a major inspection tonight at their bed-time,and in the mean time the suspected hermie has been put in quarantine, well away from my sensi.
if the sensimelia has been pollinated, will that have any impact on yeild or potency? potency mainly-is my concern overall.:holysheep: the weed gods are not smilling on me at the moment, if they`re all seeded then my concentration will move to the "up and coming kids" and i`ll get this flower done and all the more informed i`ll be for the next crop.
keep on riding untill the end man, forever onwards:lama: :( this lama will take me anywhere,lol.

it did hermie on me man, so i`ve taken it out of the grow room and put it outside with the other hermie. i can see that some of my sensimielia has seed in it, making it no longer sensi. but i don`t want any further pollination to occur so it`s been kicked out.
is there any way i can force a quicker flower on it to make hash with the finished product? i`m gonna use the "gumby method", seems to be the easiest man. i should get some good quality bud from it, due to it`s size and the trichomes which are covering it and it`s only day 34. my other hermie on the balcony is showing pre-flowers but the days are still too long just now.
if i sit it outside and let nature do it`s thing, what will happen to the allready formed bud?
this however seems to be my only viable option...
anyone know how to quicken flower, or have an opinion on this dillema?

hey bro i see u have to hermies now that sux. i was think on the one on the balcony after its 12 hours of light throw a black barrel over it til morning that should help u out good luck bro peace

Sticky_Budz said:
hey bro i see u have to hermies now that sux. i was think on the one on the balcony after its 12 hours of light throw a black barrel over it til morning that should help u out good luck bro peace

great idea man! i have the two hermies:hitchair: on my balcony now.
this grow has been such an eye openner for me.
well i`m still having problems with this speckling yellow spots, looks identicle to a spider mite infestation, although i`ve studdied every leaf on the plants and there`s no mites to be found. this is mainly occuring on the large fan leaves, but not exclusively. it then becomes "rust like" and spreads from the centre out. as i believe it`s a mg def i`m not too worried right now, and i`m administering the epsom salts at every watering (2-3 days) and bone meal 4-20-0. also every week i give them a dose of bloom feed 5-5-10.
they look good and strong though, but i don`t want this sort of constant stress on her as it will enevitabley have an adverse affect onthe final product`s potency:shocked: . i think if it continues i`ll have to try some experimental remedies and see if i can`t get rid of it, well maybe not get rid of it, but stop it getting any worse.
i`ll keep everyone updated, and thanks for all the help so far man,no doubt i`ll need it again...

well man, my great sensimielia is no longer sensi:hairpull: :(
i`m at week 5 flower and i can see seed, bad news dudes.
must have been the hermie:hitchair: i knew it! well since that`s it, i`m going to put it down as a learning curve.
i`ve failed in my goal to achieve some "homegrown sensimielia" bud for myself to smoke, can`t beleive it man. it`s my own fault for keeping those hermies man, i`ve allready murdered them:chuck:and took great pleasure in doing so.
i still have the kids, they are around 3-4 weeks and i may shoot them in for an early flower, making sure this time to get all the males out sharpish. i`ll also try and not stress the hell out of them and turn them hermie for this one too:stuff-1125699181_i_
i think i may just carry on this journal, untill i get the sensimielia i`ve promised myself.
well, i don`t know if these seed i get will be viable for planting as the pollinator was a hermie, anyone know if they will carry a hermie trate??
if they are useable i`ll have a load, so it`s not a total loss, and some "smokable bud" that`ll carry me through till next harvest:D :cool2:
another 3 weeks till i have the failures finished, not so excited anymore, i feel robbed.

Latest posts

Back