cosmic nights grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
keepit for hash or seeds healty looking boy

well, i gave the male the chop. and i found another 2! total bad news that man, i don`t think it was down to stress that flipped them or something, but 8 males out of 12 originals:confused: , it happens though.... anyway, i:confused: have 4 females that are HUGE! over 4 ft each, with multiple branches and pre-flowers. i`ll post pics in a day or 2, of all the remaining ladies:) .
since i stopped messing with them and just let em grow, they`ve been great.
i also have 10 other seedlings, aproximately 3 weeks old under cfl`s i`ll post pics of them too:48: :ccc:
my ladies have been in flower for over a week coming on 2, no problems to report, although they have became so big since the switch to 12/12.
thanx for following man.:cool: :fly: :cool:

cheers for the reply DL and BBP and 3patas,they are now almost 5ft, 2 weeks into flower.
the bud is beggining to form and it looks like i "should" harvest a nice lil` crop.:)
i`ll post pics tomorrow of all my gals and kids.
thanx for the kind words dudes.
:afroweed: :fly: :fly: :stoned: :peace: :48:

just an update on the progress of the gals:D.
the pics are pretty crap but it`s the best i can do man.:peace:

praktrica 011.jpg

praktrica 018.jpg

praktrica 013.jpg

praktrica 014.jpg

praktrica 012.jpg

praktrica 017.jpg

praktrica 016.jpg

here`s some pics of the kids, the last pic is of the lot has been over-watered. hope you like man.:) :guitar: :fly: :fly: :stoned: :stoned: :guitar:
they have just been flushed as i used MG compost with worm castings 50/50.
there is also differing ages between them the majority are 1 week and a couple are 2-3 weeks.
i have had them under cfl`s and aquarium lighting from seed, as i think it gives them a better start and tighter nodes"IMO".i`ll move them to my hps when my other queens have done their thang in flower, which is in week 3 BTW.

praktrica 020.jpg

praktrica 021.jpg

praktrica 022.jpg

praktrica 023.jpg

praktrica 024.jpg

praktrica 025.jpg

praktrica 026.jpg

praktrica 027.jpg

praktrica 028.jpg

well dudes i`m having some difficulty at the moment, as my ladies are getting rust coloured patches beggining at the centre of the leaves and spreading out:eek: . remember i transplanted into MG soil a couple of weeks before flower? well, that was a BAD IDEA:mad: , they`re the wrong nutes for flower,Stoney tells me. so, i have them in 3 gallon pots and don`t think i have the room to upgrade to 5gall, in order to transplant out of this crap soil(good for veg though). anyone have any ideas on how i could sort this mess out without having to go bigger in pot size? i`ve allready flushed, but with MG that only releases more nutes that are stored in the soil. maybe continual flushing, 1-2 times a week? or can i cut back the root mass and re-pot into the 3 gallon pots with sterile soil and my own choice nutes:confused: .
they are now in week 3 flower and are looking good at 5ft. only problem is the above mentioned dillema.... help needed/advice, will cutting back the root ball damage the gals in any way?
cheers man,
-Shuggy-:(

There's no need to upsize your container when you transplant. You can just gently work that plant out of the pot it's in and put it into another container full of plain soil. If you have a second person, you can hold the plant at it's base and gently turn the container over until it releases into your hands. Let the MG dirt fall away from the root ball. The dirt that's caught in the root ball shouldn't be enough to be much of a problem. You can also set it down on a clean surface and gently rinse the dirt out of it until it's nothing but roots.

Have your new dirt ready and filled to the appropriate level to set your plant into. Gently set it in and try to space the roots out a bit.

Place the rest of the dirt into the container by hand. One handful at a time....GENTLY until it's full.

Then water it in very slowly to make the dirt settle around the roots with no tearing.

Good luck man!!!!

I repeated the word "Gently" 5 times....for a reason. You don't want to tear the roots.

cheers Stoney, that`s exactly what i needed.
when "rinsing" the roots, will the water have to be room temp, i suppose it would be better that way. will this cause any further stress on the gals? but not as much as if i leave em in this nute furnace! they`re big gals so i`ll need help, shouldn`t be too hard, the only other person who knows i grow."loose lips sinks ships" and all that. thanks again dude.

can i cut the roots back? as they`ve been in their present containers for around 4 weeks. the roots will have developed right through won`t they?
what do i do, just "gently" remove the soil with water during transplant? this sounds stressfull, would cutting back the roots work, and what would be the effect?

Just rinse the roots out gently AFTER you have the dirt ball out of the container. Lay it down on a table or something and use a gentle run of water and the dirt will almost all come out of them. No, you don't want to cut your roots.

well, i transplanted and it was...... messy.
i ended up with the shape of the previous transplant and the root mass,with a load of dirt, held on by a few long and lots of little roots. total disaster man, those 3 gallon buckets are murder to deal with.
i think i saved them though, need to wait a few days to see the aftermath of this.

Good luck man!

It's a PITB to transplant a large plant. Yes, it makes a mess.

I'm sending you all my good luck.

i`ve got a problem with my gals, same as before with the rust spots/browning, beggining at the middle finger of each leaf. the rust spots begin at the central vein of the middle finger and seems to spread out from this point:confused: .
i`m at week 3/4 flower using a 400w hps, temps are a steady 80F and ph stays between 6-7. i`ve had this problem for some time now and can`t seem to shift it, one of my ladies began a recovery and looks well on the way to good bud production:ccc: . however, on the rest of them it has persisted, mainly on the fan leaves. these become "crispy" dry, with alot of leaf finger twisting.the edges of these problematic ones remain green and healthy. on the whole, i can`t complain with the resulting level of bud being produced at this point.
i`ll post pics of the women when i get this sorry excuse for a camera working, you won`t recognise em man!
i have done some topping and some without, and i have to say the topped ones are going to yeild alot more than the others. topping each 3-4 times has worked out really well man:D , and those that were left alone have a nice big juicy cola developing:cool:. an average size is 5ft, some a lil` under, (not many) some a lil over.
anyone with info on what i`ve described, i.e the rust spots,please post. this doesn`t seem to have any "visible" adverse effects on flower rate of growth, but i bet i`ll feel this on potency at the end at harvest:eek:. maybe i should take my own advice and be more patient,only been under a week since transplant,all views welcome.
cheers

shuggy4105 said:
on the rest of them it has persisted, mainly on the fan leaves. these become "crispy" dry, with alot of leaf finger twisting.the edges of these problematic ones remain green and healthy.

Secondary Nutrients Magnesium (Mg) is found as a central atom in the chlorophyll molecule and is essential to the absorption of light energy. Magnesium aids in the utilization of nutrients, neutralizes acids and toxic compounds produced by the plant. Deficiency signs of magnesium are: Older leaves yellow from the center outward, while veins remain green on deficient plants. Leaf tips and edges may discolor and curl upward. Growing tips turn lime green if the deficiency progresses to the top of the plant.

Magnesium - Mg-deficiency is pretty common since marijuana uses lots of it and many fertilizers don't have enough of it. Mg-deficiency is easily fixed with ¼ teaspoon/gallon of Epsom salts (first powdered and dissolved in some hot water) or foliar feed at ½ teaspoon/quart. When mixing up soil, use 2 teaspoon dolomite lime per gallon of soil for Mg. Mg can get locked-up by too much Ca, Cl or ammonium nitrogen. Don't overdo Mg or you'll lock up other nutrients.

From the "Greenmans page":
http://www.greenmanspage.com/guides/nutrientdisorders.html

i mixed in lime with my soil mix, but your probably correct as i have noticed only today, that the very top of the gals does have this slight yellowing of the edges,mimicing over-fert, only on the immediate tops.
i hope it`s a Mg def, easily sorted. although the leaves affected don`t turn yellow before rusting/light brown, from the centre out.
cheers stoney
great link man!

I hope it works for you man. Look over that page and see if anything else looks familiar with your present situation.

Good luck man.

shuggy4105 said:
just an update on the progress of the gals:D.
the pics are pretty crap but it`s the best i can do man.:peace:
Have you seen my pics? Good job, they look good.

thanx man, cheers for stopping by dude and the kind words.

Latest posts

Back