Could this mean female?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoHIGH

Sharing is caring
Reaction score
I have a 3 week old plant and it has 4 sets of fan leaves and is only 5 inchs tall now the past week a massive amount of growth has occured at the base of the plant it looks like a little bush! could this mean its gonna be a female? all the male plants ive seen have been skinny. I know I have 2 wait till 12/12 to really know but I was wondering if any 1 has noticed that the bushier plants are female because my other plants 3 are bushy and 2 are skinny all same seed genetics. Seeds came from outstanding quality mid grade that is just amazing.

Just because the plants share the same genetics they can show different phenotypes. Some may be taller, some may be shorter, some might have fatter leaves some may be skinnier, even if they all came from the same bag. There really won't be any way to determine sex until the plant shows sex.

On my current grow I started with 6 plants. My seeds are from a reputable breeder and all 6 were of the same strain. 4 of them showed a more indica dominant phenotype, they also stayed shorter and bushier. The other 2 more so resembled sativa, they were taller and stretched really bad when I switched my lights to 12/12. Anyways, both of the tall skinny ones ended up being female and only one out of four of the shorter bushier plants was a female. So the moral of the story is, you're going to have to wait and see.

lol thats cool,I am excited to get an all female garden going. That way i can really fill it up and hit the woods if ya know what I mean.

Best thing to do is once you have a female, you can take clones off her. Each of those clones are guaranteed to be a female. The one thing I will say is that males do seem to grow a little taller sometimes. Obviously there are going to be exceptions to every rule,(like the example I gave in my last post) and you probably wouldn't be seeing this as early as 3 weeks. Anyways, good luck with the ladies.

What CadlakMike says. I'm doing 4 WW and 2 Crystal. My tallest and shortest are the 2 Crystal. I think lots of leaves in the begin simply means you're doing something right. After that, it's all in the luck of the draw, so good luck to you.

SoHIGH said:
I have a 3 week old plant and it has 4 sets of fan leaves and is only 5 inchs tall now the past week a massive amount of growth has occured at the base of the plant it looks like a little bush! could this mean its gonna be a female? all the male plants ive seen have been skinny. I know I have 2 wait till 12/12 to really know but I was wondering if any 1 has noticed that the bushier plants are female because my other plants 3 are bushy and 2 are skinny all same seed genetics. Seeds came from outstanding quality mid grade that is just amazing.

i actually noticed somethin in common with every bag of mids i got over teh last couple years. it all smells n looks nuggy and is some kik arse smoke too only downside is its seedy hence mids. but if ya ever get another bag some mid grade stuff really check the wat appear to be seeds. they're not all seeds. strait up there pollen saks too. every bag of mid grade stuff i got had these brown n tan seeds an some these smaller or wat looked like premature seeds. an one day i squished one an it was like regular flower pollen in it. and since that day i've cheked all my buds when i get mid grade and always its hermie bud.
i figure that it some kik butt smoke so someone obviously had to grow it indoors an if some one was growing inside they'd be able get the males. no reason y not to. and i imagine that instead of wastin it alot of people dont care and sell it out on street but at a discounted price.
IMO all your mids u get on the street is mostly all hermie bud.
did i assume correctly? anyone?

zipflip said:
i actually noticed somethin in common with every bag of mids i got over teh last couple years. it all smells n looks nuggy and is some kik arse smoke too only downside is its seedy hence mids. but if ya ever get another bag some mid grade stuff really check the wat appear to be seeds. they're not all seeds. strait up there pollen saks too. every bag of mid grade stuff i got had these brown n tan seeds an some these smaller or wat looked like premature seeds. an one day i squished one an it was like regular flower pollen in it. and since that day i've cheked all my buds when i get mid grade and always its hermie bud.
i figure that it some kik butt smoke so someone obviously had to grow it indoors an if some one was growing inside they'd be able get the males. no reason y not to. and i imagine that instead of wastin it alot of people dont care and sell it out on street but at a discounted price.
IMO all your mids u get on the street is mostly all hermie bud.
did i assume correctly? anyone?
that could be a regional thing.
were i live, all we get is mexican or caribian grown. mids here are real good mexi or caribi other than that it's hydro

man, i really do live in the bum hole of the country ...LOL

Most of the stuff around here is local, indoor indica but in a variety of grades. I have noticed too, if I'm desperate and have to use an "unreliable source", that hermie bud can be common at mid-level. (but I'll always shell out the extra 15$ for a 1/4 of kush!) The first time I got some I couldn't figure out what the hell, until I saw a picture of the ol' hermie banana.

Latest posts

Back