couple questions about outdoor grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

russla

Reaction score
This is the strain i'm growing:
https://www.bcbudonline.com/seed_packs.php?seedID=1

I'm growing these in southern quebec. When should i plant them and how long should they take to be ready for harvest? bringing them inside is not an option.

I'm growing from clones so how should i handle that part? How should i prepare the soil, and is there anything i need to do in the first week to ensure their survival?

thanks all for the help

Russla

Im not really sure where you can find the chart with the frost dates of everywhere. I know I've seen it on here before so it will get posted soon.

If someone is giving you clones, they should already be planted in dirt so you just plant them after the last frost and they will do just fine. Are you going to be putting them in containers outside or in the ground? Both ways work great so I guess it doesn't really matter. Make sure they stay watered when they need it in the first week or so to make sure their root systems develop sufficiently.

I hope everything works out ok and I hope to see some pictures sometime soon. Good luck and take care.

plant after last frost, harvest according to trichromes. just do a quick search on "trichrome harvesting" or something similiar to that and you'll see alot of results.

hmm according to that frost chart, i'll only have about 3.5 months between frosts.

Once the plants get to a certain size, does it matter if it freezes anymore? Will that kill the buds?

I think the clones will be going straight from this artificial medium called rock something (i forget the exact name) to open soil, no buckets. Will that be too much of a shock or will they be fine?

thanks for all the replies

Thanks for the frost chart Hick. I knew someone had it.

3.5 months isn't much of a window but it can still be done. A frost will kill the plants immediately. You definitely dont want your ladies to get hit with a frost. That's a definite mj killer. The plants will grow according to the hours of light they have per day. They won't get that tall if the window for your growing season up there is only 3.5 months but they will grow and produce buds.

The clones should be ok when you put them outdoors. Just check on them daily for like the first week or so to make sure they are ok and you shouldn't have any problems.

Keep us posted on your progress my friend. I wish you the best of luck on your grow and I hope to see some pictures in the near future. Take care.

they should be fine going straight into soil, but i would pot them in soil first, and then gradually put them outside, for longer each day. cuttings are always started indoors, so putting them straight ouside may be too much for them to handle, considering its only around 7degrees C outaside through the day, and there used to 28C in an indoor growroom.

mj will take several "light" frosts without much damage, but a prolonged cold spell, or a hard freeze, no.

darkgangster 92?? this would make you 15-16 i dont think thats old enough for this site is it?

Latest posts

Back