Curing large amounts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ColoradoLady

Reaction score
Just curious how do people cure large amounts? Would take too many jars. Wax paper lined cardboard boxes maybe?

Not sure how the commercial dudes do it, but if I had that much I would use a sealed room with atmosphere controls

I prefer glass over plastics but i guess tupperware or rubermaid bins, maybe tape em shut if needed.

i seen curing in food storage 5 gal mylar bags with oxygen absorbers

not sure what's actually in them---they are just little packets that you will find and sold with the mylar bags to absorb any oxygen---when they get hard---they are spent---check them out by googling mylar bags--they go in the bag with the herb---mylar is resealed with a regular household iron---simple to open and reseal for burping---you don't need them if you got a vacume sealer---nice thing about the mylar is it keeps the herb from light degeneration

Most of the big growers don't cure they harvest, trim, hang to dry then bag it up for sell.

lol ozzy---big growers---think the coloradolady was just looking to cure and store her od crop for the winter

orangesunshine said:
not sure what's actually in them---they are just little packets that you will find and sold with the mylar bags to absorb any oxygen---when they get hard---they are spent---check them out by googling mylar bags--they go in the bag with the herb---mylar is resealed with a regular household iron---simple to open and reseal for burping---you don't need them if you got a vacume sealer---nice thing about the mylar is it keeps the herb from light degeneration

are you talking about DRI-Z-AIR? When I dried in an apartment (something I do not recommend!), I used large cardboard boxes, weed hanging, with a small fan in there with in and out holes and the D.Z.A. at the bottom.

But that was for small increments obviously. Usually a cpl oz'ers at the most.

I am planning on using glass jars.. I have some big ones that would hold 4 oz.

I use 2 gallon zip lock bags, some guys use perforated turkey cooking bags...I like to be able to move it around for air, during the cure.

I use cardboard boxes in a cool, dark room, if I run out of mason jars. But only if I run out of mason jars.

7greeneyes said:
are you talking about DRI-Z-AIR? When I dried in an apartment (something I do not recommend!), I used large cardboard boxes, weed hanging, with a small fan in there with in and out holes and the D.Z.A. at the bottom.

But that was for small increments obviously. Usually a cpl oz'ers at the most.

don't think so

this is what my hydro guy sells... they come in 3 different sizes... this is the biggest one... it was a bit too ambitious for me... it would prob fit 2lb..

GetAttachment.jpg

we cure our od harvests in 20 gallon dark blue plastic barrels that powdered meds come in at Pfizer and Upjohn drug companies...I've seen the same barrels used in other applications also, such as lengths of log chain are shipped in...I've also used 5 gallon buckets that have a good seal...;)

I dont know about you guys but 12 large, brand new mason jars run me about 7 bucks so no big deal.

large certainly is relative isn't it---bags, jars, buckets, barrels---so what kinda weight are we talking anyway

I have about 100 1 qt. mason jars. If I am lucky enough to harvest more then that I will happily buy more. My jars are clear glass but someday I would like to replace them with the green glass.

Latest posts

Back