Current Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KCFan58

Reaction score
I started this topic over in "Introduction" I'm moving it to here as I will be updating pics (probably) weeekly. So these are the week 4 pics, I'm starting to see some minor yellowing of a few leaves, and some darker green ones turning a lighter green..I'm going to start with 1/4 solution of nutes, and check results. Anyways what do ya think?

100_0982-2.JPG

100_0991-1.JPG

100_0981-1.JPG

Looking good, little small but definatly nice and green my friend. What kinda lighting you using? If it's CFL's or flouros you can get those suckers nice and close without worry.

As I mentioned in my first thread, I got some advice from a veteran, welp he let me do the honors of posting a few pics from HIS current grow. This is just eye candy , and an example of what I hope to eventually be able to produce...Enjoy..and feedback is welcome, he reads these forums as well! (BTW "BB. Blue Cheese, 1000 watt Light , 4.5 weeks into Flower (5 to go) 18 plants in a 4x3x7 room)!

100_0965-1.JPG

100_0975-1.JPG

Grrr...all my pics aren't uploading :-( I have so many..and I'm useing a 400w MH and a 400w HPS.

I've (attenpted to) upload 12 pics in 2 posts, and only 5 came through...what's up? I didn't have that prob earlier?.. Guess I'll dig a little

Ahhhh, well when are ya gonna throw those babies into 12/12?

Gonna give em a couple weeks yet..(maybe) I just bumped lighting to 24/0 so unless that makes em Skyrocket, 2 weeks should just about do it.

Since his are the better buds I'll try those first!...I think I didn't size them right..That should fix it.

100_0972-1.JPG

100_0966-1.JPG

100_0969-1.JPG

I definately need to practice with the photo software...Till next week! thanks for the input!

100_0980-1.JPG

100_0989-1.JPG

Was thinking of adding 1 or 2 more lights for Flowering, (Which I've been thinking of starting VERY soon!) I happend to have access to a couple free fixtures. Was wondering what you guys thought. I can get a couple hXXp://www.grainger.com/Grainger/items/3GB11 for free, was thinking they might be good for "side lighting" they are kinda low wattage, wonder if it's even worth the trouble. May only have room for 1 but Idealy I would use 2, and just keep rotating them like I have been. Input?

If you have no problems with paying the hydro bill then go ahead man. They'd definatly be good for some side coverage to get some light on the inner budsites.

I know people who use CFL's on the side while in veg just to help get some more lumens hitting those inner regions.

Thanks for the frequent responses Trent..I think I'll snag them up...Maybe I'm brainless..but It just makes sense to me that, if you're gonna steal (in my case 12) hours of lumens,(switching from 24/0 to 12/12) that substutiting with extra light in those 12 hours just makes sense. I'll work on snagging the lights tomorrow because I fear I won't be able to wait much longer than monday to start Flowering.

Anyone willing to comment on the accuracy of these hXXp://www.cleanairgardening.com/soiltester.html things. It's what I've been useing(similar). It tests Light (in Foot candles) PH, Fertilization ( have no Idea how or if this works), and, "Wetness" of the soil...I can make sense of the Light sensor, and the Ph tester, and even the moisture tester, but how would the "Fert" sensor work!, Does anyone else use this, or know how it works? I've already bought it BTW!, Primarily for the PH tester.

So I added my nutes the other day..and it seems that the plants didn't like them. I'm going to give them a couple days and a watering or 2 and see if it clears up, If it does i'll flip the switch early next week, if not..I'll be flushing them and waiting until they are stable. The burning doesn't seem terrible but it's there just the same ..stinking premix potting soil!
Also I added the lights that I mentioned earlier for side lighting..temps went up a little It's closer to 78-79 deg. F now. I will also have to watch that in the hotter part of the day. Just a few pics.

000_0001.JPG

000_0004.JPG

000_0006.JPG

100_1001.JPG

100_1006.JPG

100_1007.JPG

Your girls appear to be doing fine. They look healthy.Try to use a little h2o first,then add your nutes. Try water,water, nutes,water,water,nutes.Fertilize every 3rd watering.Also is the new growth burning or old leafs? How close are your lights now?

It's primarily the old leaves, and I'm going to cut the nutes again for a while, they are prolly 8-10" from the lights, a lil close, but I can't feel any heat at the canopy, I don't have a good reflector and I have a fan on them constantly, I'm thinking of moving them down a bit, as the side lighting should supplement enough to move them from the lights.

I flipped the switch today, Impatience and the fact that this is "bag seed" make me want to get this grow over with and start with some "known good" genetics. Keep your fingers crossed for girls!

Welp I leeched the soil today, with "tepid" tap water, then sort of finished it off with a bit of a flowering nutrient flush (and my usual water)@ 1/4 strength. I'll post pics on sunday night or monday as usual, hopefully I didn't kill them with the tap water "impurities". Wish me luck.

Latest posts

Back