Customs seizure

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tomatoe plants are a good idea, I second that. It's almost time to get the outdoor garden going, learn and put them outside later. If LEO does show let them look silly...good luck

Better safe than sorry, really you did the right thing.

blunt said:
i just killed 22 - 2' tall plants. god i feel sick inside. after all the work. but i learned a lot . better to dismantle and wait 6 months than get popped. the problem is nobody knows i grow so its not like i can offer plants to people.
as long as theres no trace of actual weed they cant do much can they? i hate to dismantle my entire rooms.

Peace of mind is worth a thousand plants...you probably don't look good in stripes anyway. I think the fact they send a letter is great. It would be much worse if they just forwarded the seeds along and then sent the LEO a month later. You did the right thing dude. We should have a sticky about getting a mailbox at one of those rental places and having seeds sent there. You taught me a lesson as I had mine sent to my grow, never again. Sorry for you but maybe you woke a few of us up and saved a bust or two. :D

There is no reason you shouldn't take the proper procedures to keep yourself out of jail. I think you did the right thing.

Thats why i have them sent to the parents house. Yeah they know what i do.:eek:

dmack said:
Thats why i have them sent to the parents house. Yeah they know what i do.:eek:

Conspiracy my friend, be careful.

Customs letters do NOT necessarily represent an LEO investigation. You may not have even been the person who ordered the seeds. You could have been on the "receiving" end of a prank, or even the person someone was shipping to... you could have been the "buddies" house. There are a lot of variables. Hell... too many to think of really, but precautions are always to be taken, HOWEVER... by the time customs has your order, if LEO was interested, they would already be on you before you had the opportunity to dismantle your grow. They wouldn't send you the letter if they were to investigate. Remember, you don't know how long customs or LEO has known about your seed confiscation, etc.

BUT to make you even more paranoid, anyone who orders seeds NO ONE knows for sure that customs didn't let it "slide" by on purpose in an attempt to trap those who grow. So if you ordered seeds, there is still a possibility LEOs are watching by "slipped" seeds and informants.

ALWAYS order small amounts of seeds. LARGE boxes of seeds immediately flags a prompt for further investigations.

PO Boxes are BETTER, but NOT best... there is NO "BEST" option.

pO Boxes still require a valid drivers license to open one, and you MIGHT be able to find a cash only type po box somewhere in that wont ask for ID, but if the LEO wants to investigate, they'd just stake it out anyway.

BUT yes, what I do is I started by growing tomatoes indoors in my hydro systems. I typically grow mj in soil for quicker movement or destruction. But anyway, you should always have a tomato plant growing amongst your MJ, this way, if you do suspect LEO, simply remove the MJ, and leave the alrady in progress tomato grow going. This way if they bust down the door because of them doing a infrared hunt for lights and hotspots, they will find a single little tomato plant growing! All that money and man power they've just wasted! Then... turn around and sue their behinds for a plethora of things! :)

pussum said:
Would a P.O. box be safer?

Not a USPS one, They want ID at the post office and it's the government, I'd stay away from that. Also want your physical address (on the ID) Someone who has cohonnes and had good fake ID could just get a PO Box, not sure many would want to do that, but hey if you did it you'd be home free, same as a rental box place. Here's a link to a mail site, check it out if you want, it may help. I'd go to their office and fill out any paperwork, I don't know if you need ID. I would have seeds sent there, if it comes with a letter have them shred it, if not have it forwarded to your home (change to your real address if you know seeds are there, or don't and go pick them up) as it's already cleared customs. Just an extra cog in the wheel. Some may not live close enough to a place that does this...a problem.

http://www.earthclassmail.com/pobox/index.html

hi blunt i know this is like after the horse has bolted but as youve removed all trace of plants etc i would call that number and so long as there was no invoice inside showing your credit card details etc etc then i would phone saying *** whats all this crap i aint ordered anything and complain to the highest level about being harrassed.

now this is my take on things but i would try to bluff it than again i can talk some **.

lol

sorry to hear about the plants but better safe outside a cell than sorry inside one.

ya did the right thing blunt dude

pkj

Give me the phone number, I'll call them up and get your seeds back. :cool2:

Latest posts

Back