cuttings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babymonkey

Reaction score
hi all
the story is,i was suposed to be getting 8 cuttings for my new setup of someone i know but now hes being a EDIT :mad: & is no longer giving me any cuttings.
my m8 has a couple of plants in its 1st week of veggie stage,im hoping i can take some cuttings off those plants.

im asking if someone could give me a guide on how to go about it ?

ive just been reading on another site which is below on how its done,please some ideas ???

thanks all:)

also it says in the site above that when you take a cutting,it can take upto 14 days to start rooting,so is it quicker to just do from seed or a cutting ?

removed

Reactions: zem
cuttings are quicker in the fact you know they're female (a seed may sprout and start growing before your clone roots, but then you have a while to determine sex)

1 week into veg.. she'll have a while before you can take any cuttings.

here's a good cloning thread (it's for rockwool, but just ignore the last step and use peat pucks or whatever you were going to use.)
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33009

don't really know what else you're looking for, there's many tutorials. something specific you're stuck on?
*and you should edit your link, not allowed live links (i know you tried with the hxxp, but the target is still the same)

Babymonkey- hey i can try to help the best i can. First you dont want to take any clones or cuttings until you are vegged a few weeks and your plant shows sex unless you know you have a female. It also can and will take up to 14 days to root, but once rooted you can start to flower right away so I guess its personal preference. From seed you have to wait for preflowers or at least 4 weeks or so anyway before flowering.

i guess that in yur case the seeds might be faster since you would need to wait 3 weeks or so to be able to take cuttings from your friend's babies and the wait another 2 weeks to see any roots then you have to veg em some time if you want to get a decent yield

:)
kaotik said:
cuttings are quicker in the fact you know they're female (a seed may sprout and start growing before your clone roots, but then you have a while to determine sex)

1 week into veg.. she'll have a while before you can take any cuttings.

here's a good cloning thread (it's for rockwool, but just ignore the last step and use peat pucks or whatever you were going to use.)
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33009

don't really know what else you're looking for, there's many tutorials. something specific you're stuck on?
*and you should edit your link, not allowed live links (i know you tried with the hxxp, but the target is still the same)

thanks m8,that is 1 excellent guide,very much appreciated as it must of took you some time to write it all..

just 2 quick questions :............

1) im doing hydro,all the plants i can get cuttings from are all female,do i have to veggie the plant for 4 weeks before i start taking cuttings ?

2) when taking a cutting off the female plant,does it get weaqker in anyway when i flower it,like potency wont be as good etc...

thanks m8:)

zem said:
i guess that in yur case the seeds might be faster since you would need to wait 3 weeks or so to be able to take cuttings from your friend's babies and the wait another 2 weeks to see any roots then you have to veg em some time if you want to get a decent yield

hi zem
ive never grown straight from seeds,is it hard to do ?,do i need more equpiment ?,also how long does the process take ?

babymonkey said:
:)

thanks m8,that is 1 excellent guide,very much appreciated as it must of took you some time to write it all..

just 2 quick questions :............

1) im doing hydro,all the plants i can get cuttings from are all female,do i have to veggie the plant for 4 weeks before i start taking cuttings ?

2) when taking a cutting off the female plant,does it get weaqker in anyway when i flower it,like potency wont be as good etc...

i didn't write that guide ;) that's norcal's work :)

you mentioned they're only a week into veg, how would you know they're for sure female then?
i think the 4 week thing came about as you'll need them to grow for a while to get big enough to take clones. ;)

no it will not get weaker.. i've read that before, but been cloning clones for some time with no noticable decrease in anything.

kaotik said:
i didn't write that guide ;) that's norcal's work :)

you mentioned they're only a week into veg, how would you know they're for sure female then?
i think the 4 week thing came about as you'll need them to grow for a while to get big enough to take clones. ;)

no it will not get weaker.. i've read that before, but been cloning clones for some time with no noticable decrease in anything.

hi again m8
yes there all female as there clones off the motherplant,but no longer speaking to the guy who does all the cuttings for us both,hence all the questions.
i also have my own grow on the go,ive been doing a journal on it,my journal site is below.
the plants are into the 3rd week of flowering,so was wondering if its possible to use the technique on my plants,but again dont know if this is possible as there in flowering stage??

thanks again:)

babymonkey said:
hi zem
ive never grown straight from seeds,is it hard to do ?,do i need more equpiment ?,also how long does the process take ?

no it's not hard to do at all, only thiing you need is to plant at least 2x the number you want so you get the female number you need and kill the males. the seeds sprout very quick normally like within 24-48 hours sometimes a couple seeds take a week then they need several weeks 3-6 or more to show sex depending on strain, once theyr big enough you can start flowering

babymonkey said:
hi again m8
yes there all female as there clones off the motherplant,but no longer speaking to the guy who does all the cuttings for us both,hence all the questions.
i also have my own grow on the go,ive been doing a journal on it,my journal site is below.
the plants are into the 3rd week of flowering,so was wondering if its possible to use the technique on my plants,but again dont know if this is possible as there in flowering stage??

thanks again:)

Yes, you can do it on flowering plants, just a bit more hassle.

Are yours and the ones in veg the same strain?

I would make a 'mother' plant if the strain is really good and you will have clones for as long as you like.:hubba:

Time to do some reading and research. All that you need to know is in various stickies here.:cool:

DD

Droopy Dog said:
Yes, you can do it on flowering plants, just a bit more hassle.

Are yours and the ones in veg the same strain?

I would make a 'mother' plant if the strain is really good and you will have clones for as long as you like.:hubba:

Time to do some reading and research. All that you need to know is in various stickies here.:cool:

DD

hi m8
yes veg & flowering plants are both the same strain (powerplant),how do i go about making a mother plant ?,is there a link you can send me

Basically, you just keep 1 plant in a constant veg state (18/6 lights), and take clones from her to flower out.

Do a search on mother or mother plants right here.

There is also a sticky in the CULTIVATION sub forum.

DD

Latest posts

Back