Dabotniss! Soon I plan to be specificly known for my world renowned new strains!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dabotniss

Reaction score
Botniss here. New commer to growing but my research goes further. Finally starting my own grow. Im going with DIY DWC METHOD AND ONE ORGANIC. I have troubles in sleeping, muscle spasims, and anxiety. My first strain to grow is a pure kush indica called PURPLE KUSH %100 INDICA. Im sure I will be pleased with the effects. My other strain is the G-13. I guess its all ways good to have a strain with More sativa than Indica. I want to grow both. But not at the same time. If anyone knows of the stresses of these types. Let me know. Would like to find out. I am very new with adding nutes. But Im using General Hydroponics DuoFlora A/B and micro, veg, and bloom. Not sure how and when to use. Basicly dont want to ruin my plants. Oh yeah......400w mh/hps digital ballast, 2 5gal. One for hydro and one for ogranic. Foxfarm soil for organic. Please aide. I plan for germination in one day!

Welcome to MP.

You mention germinating in 1 day. Is your space all set up and dialed in? I didn't see any mention of ventilation. This can be as important as your lighting.

Seedlings do not need any food for 2 weeks or so, so don't get too anxious to feed the seedlings or you could kill them. If you have not purchased your nutes, go with EITHER the GH DuoFlora or the GH 3 part Grow, Micro, Bloom. You do not need both. The DuoFlora is a fairly new product and I do not know anyone using it. Many of us here use the GH 3 part. However, neither of these nutes are organic if that is the way you want to grow. I, personally, have found organics in hydro virtually impossible.

I would encourage you to use a 5 gal bucket for your DWC. A 2.5 gal bucket is ultimately only going to have about 1-1/2 gal of nute solution in it. A mature plant can drink that up in a day or two and the smaller the res, the harder it is to keep control of pH and ppms.

Which Fox Farms soil are you using? Some of them are too hot for seedlings.

I would encourage you to learn to grow before you even give a thought to breeding (which can or should take years and years and years).

Relax dude. THG is spot on - don't knee jerk it and pop your beans before you have everything all set to go. It's kinda like getting laid . . . make sure everything's right before you whip it out . . .

You want to prove the environment first: Light, space, ventilation, nice place for the roots to lay down, temperature, carbon dioxide - like incense to enrich the air. All this needs to be stable so you and your plants can get off to a great adventure.

Would you invite a gorgeous girl over to a messy nasty smelly pad? No, not if you want some. So think of your beans like that, and make a thorough preparation before the germination.

hell I'm old school . . . I don't even know wat DWC means - somebody let me off the hook here . . . . :stoned:

Dan K. Liberty said:
Relax dude. THG is spot on - don't knee jerk it and pop your beans before you have everything all set to go. It's kinda like getting laid . . . make sure everything's right before you whip it out . . .

You want to prove the environment first: Light, space, ventilation, nice place for the roots to lay down, temperature, carbon dioxide - like incense to enrich the air. All this needs to be stable so you and your plants can get off to a great adventure.

Would you invite a gorgeous girl over to a messy nasty smelly pad? No, not if you want some. So think of your beans like that, and make a thorough preparation before the germination.

:yeahthat:

SO TRUE! heh

I like to think of my plants as my daughters. Fiercely defend them from boys! Unless you wanna be a green grandpa! Love and cherish them, and in the end they'll make you proud! (And they'll never give up on college and become a stripper!!)

General Hydroponics has feeding tables on their website. That's as far as instruction towards feeding can really go. Opinion on feeding schedule probably varies a bit. I've personally found with using GH 3 part, you're better to cut down the dosage slightly so you don't get unexpected nutrient burn and eliminate the possibility that it could be from overfeeding because you're using the feeding table correctly

I feed a 3/4 strength nutrient solution every roughly 14th day, and in between feedings, just PH adjusted h2o when the soil dries out and asks for more!

You've got both sets of nutrients used in the expert drain to waste program for GH, but I would advise against using all of it right away if you're new to using nutrients completely. Follow a GH simple drain to waste routine with the micro/bloom/gro and once you get comfortable with the way you're doing things get a bit more adventurous or try the 2 part nutrient system on it's own then experiment.

Dan K. Liberty said:
hell I'm old school . . . I don't even know wat DWC means - somebody let me off the hook here . . . . :stoned:

DWC=Deep Water Culture A type of hydro.

I think aspirations are a good thing. Like they said, take your time and do it right and I'll be looking for your new strains. :icon_smile: If you don't learn all there is to know about growing, your new strains won't be worth a plug nickel. Stay safe, and welcome by the way. :D I just thought I might of sounded like an A-hole at the end of my post. I certainly did not mean to demean you in any way. You should check out some of Rocksters' grows. He is the genius behind Kaliman seeds. Sold at are sponsers site (Attitude). Lots of interesting stuff about breeding. :)

Right on, Bro . . .

OK botniss, here is the link to the GH nute calculator:

hxxp://www.genhydro.com/calculator/index.html

(Change the first two x's in the URL to t's and you'll be in.)

They also have a ppm calculator - shows how many ppm the nutes will add to whatever is already in the water. It is located here:

hxxp://www.genhydro.com/genhydro_US/floraseries_calculator.html#

I'm with mah Bro on the strength of the nutes, too. Don't go more than half strength in the first 2-3 week seedling stage. Once they're 3-4 nodes out you can bump it up a bit. It's always better to go a little under than a little over !!

Bookmark those pages and use em. It takes alot of the guesswork out of the equation. Hell, I got em bookmarked and I haven't even got the nutes here yet . . . becuz I'm still gettin everything ready for the girlz, remember?

Latest posts

Back