darkness..how long is too long?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

allmashedup

hello everyone :)
i have 8 lowryder 2 growing . they are week 6.
what i would like to know is...i will need to leave lights off completly for 4 days. i know this isnt ideal !...but this may have to happen.
will my plants be ok going to sleep that long ? the longest i have left any of my plants in darkness is about 25 hrs. due to major power cut!

Hello AMU :)

Ive not seen you active for quite a while, its good to see you back.

How far in the future do you envisage the need to have a 4 day darkness?

:peace:

I am not sure but I thought Lowryders need 24 to 18 hours of light. That much darkness my cause it to hermie. But then again I am :stoned: and never grew lowryders. No timer or window sill you could use?

Imo, they will be fine. Only thing I could seehappening is them sucking up all the nitro sitting in the dark for 4 days.

Okay, not that it is any of my business, but what kind of situation requires that you leave your plants in dark for 4 days? This seems like a long time and I really think I would try to work out something, even if it was a lower intensity light.

i am going away. and i will not be able to leave lights on a timer. cause the person coming in to feed my cats will notice the light. and noone at all knows that i grow!...dilemma or what !

If you have an attic run a cable to it and leave the plants with a light 24/7 for 3 days.

Or run a cable to your airing cupboard, remove all your towels etc and put them in a wardrobe and put them under a light in the airing cupboard and put a lock on the door, if asked why its there when you get back, blame the cats and say they have a habit of using it as a litter tray..

You could hide the plants outside somewhere in the wild or your garden if you have 1.

:peace:

I would leave enough food out to last the cat 4 days they seem to take care of themselfs pretty good on their own. Who's to say that the person you have comming in to feed your cat won't snoop around a find your plants. But 4 days in the dark I would think not good JMO...take care..

I feed my cat once a week and he eats when he wants to (dry food) no problems or dilema's. Screwhaving someone in your house!!!!

I would never!!!!! Never have anyone in anyone of my houses, except to feed the plants if anything. Your looking @ some serious consequences if your nailled b, think about this 10X before acting!

Same with our dogs, WW. We go outta town I use the scoop and go: 1 for Mon, 1 for Tues and so on. Oh, and I have a doggie door to uncomplicate things. Your pets will not eat as much when you're gone, IMO.

yeah, leave out enough food for your cats, and keep the lights on.

OR

use a battery powered florescent (no cables).

Latest posts

Back