Day 10 First Closet Grow, New Setup, How's it look???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jayreef

Herb Jedi
Reaction score
Hello all, this is my first closet grow on Day 10. Just changed my setup, use to have 4 40w floro tubes over, now have 5 cfls directly over plant 1600 lumens each. Does it look good? Also, have to transplant, plants wont die from being handled will they? Scared to hurt my "ladies". Looking for the very helpful hemp goddess on this one.

100_2021.JPG

100_2024.JPG

100_2022.JPG

looking good man transplanting isn't that hard just be gentle and do your best not hurt the roots and make sure your hands are clean but i would still wait till you hear from the goddess but i can tell you to keep the lights alil closer to your plants are you usinf rockwool cube??? if not what is the substraight there in you may be able to jus bry it in your soil i use jiffy pots
there made of peat they accualy help the soil alil

You need to bury the plant in soil so none of the rockwool is showing. I can see green algae on one of your cubes and you dont want that getting to the roots. But everything looks great, thats a nice little setup. Do you know what strain they are?

thanks fellas, it is appreciated. transplanting and getting rid of algee as soon as i hear from the goddess thanks for the info though. will def bury rockwool all the way after transplant. Thanks man, it took a bit of construction. As far as strain, bagseed, but great genetics so we'll see what i get.

when you trans plant get 2.5 gallon pots or bigger or3 to 5 gallon buckets make sure tehy drain well so you don't drown the roots good luck bro

hey all, just transplanted into bigger pots. pics coming soon, just want plants to get under light and build back up room heat. how sensitive are plants? transplant of smaller ladie went well and easy however transplant of bigger ladie was a little harder. a little root damage, a piece or two from the outside of rootball. Will this kill my plants? Rockwool completely buried, after transplant watered in. hopefully, things are good any my ladies dont die.

you should be fine. Ive had some transplants that went really rough and nothing happened.

Plants look good so far, I can not think of anything else atm that has not already been said.... ESP the bury the rockwool thing... get that algae buried and killed..... that algae will eat the nutes you want to give your baby and when that algae eats it will release alkalis back out, which means extra waste salts in your pot. meaning you will have to flush more often.

A small algae colony will eats many times more nutes than your plant will in a short time..... Algae is a HUGE enemy in growing. One thing about it though, IF you have algae, it is an indicator that there is a healthy enviroment there.

thanks all, did the transplant, it didn't go to ruff for the first time. my smaller plant wasn't even bothered by it, however my larger plant didn't like it so much. one of the larger leafs is turned to the side almost over, what is that about? slight root damage, will it kill my ladie?

she should be ok shocked and mabey no groth for few days but she'll bouce right back if she got hurt

If you can keep hydrotron over the top of the rockwool, you will not have to worry about algae. I have found that roots are actually quite tough. We want to handle them as gently as we can, but don't stress over your transplant. Your girls will be fine. Leaves also just do weird things sometimes that we cannot explain.

Latest posts

Back