Depression Help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SmokinMom said:
:giggle:

Don't Worry, Be Happy

Performed by Bobby McFerrin
Don't worry, be happy
Here I give you my phone number
When you worry call me
I make you happy
Don't worry, be happy.....

What is his number..:rofl:

The sandman came and touched my flesh, I felt his power as my eyes and body drooped at his beckoning.

I tried to fight as he empowered me, the controlling darkness burned inside me wanting to take over.

I fought as long as I could, but he was overpowering, demanding, insatiable, he knew his power, he knew my weakness.

I was his, like a lover kissing me, subtly caressing me, slowly holding me to my depths, I was his to control and he used his power.

I fight his will, but he fights my strength, he is controlling, he is my enemy, yet as long as I let him .... he is my controller.

HIE.

Do not let it control you, it will consume you.

The Effen Gee said:
My advice:

1, Smoke Sativa ONLY! Smoking indica while depressed can worsen the effects or symptoms. This is tested-to-be-true information and doctor ordered.

2, Find something you love and either let it consume you or destroy you. Either way, you aren't destroying yourself.

In my opinion, depression is not usually fixed with pills, unless the circumstances are extreme SSRI's and other medications could be used as AIDE...not a REGIMENT.

Think really hard about what really makes you happy, and figure out a way to make money from it.

...or move to california and legally grow pot for a living.

Indica is better for depression :rolleyes:

Hydro Maniac...what makes you think that indica is better for depression? I;ve always thought sativa was as it is more up high and giggly and ALWAYS helps me when i'm down, where sometimes indica doesn't. Darn I need more grow space!!!

Thank you everyone for caring and your lovely comments, its good to see people do care, I only wish I could have read these when I was down. The depression lifted a couple of days ago, but even now I feel myself slip into bad thoughts, usually past problems, but the good thing is that i can feel myself thinking 'no...don't let it get a hold...think of happy things...the puppy..etc'

Some of you really opened your hearts here, and its been great reading through what everyone has to say on this subject.

Lastritez, I always wanted to ride a bike, my dad and my brother do and a few of my friends also. My boyfriend loves Harley's! I have never ridden one, but I have been on a snow mobile and LOVED that! I don't even drive (it scares me lol) but I do have my bicycle to get me around and keep me fit.

kaotik said:
"never want to think those thoughts i did that day
almost took my future, and threw it all away.
odds seemed stacked against me, had no way to cope
couldn't find a reason, i'd run right out of hope.

it's just a devils game, playing with your brain
you're not the only one who's felt this kind of pain.
step back, unplug the cord, take the noose off of your neck,
think twice, don't be a fool and do something you'd regret.

the happiness i've felt since then, the beauty i have seen.
wouldn't have got to feel any of these things"

Kaotik...those lyrics are just simply amazing! Thank you ever so much for sharing those with us.

Mutt said:
yes, finding a hobby is great. but also sunlight helps emmensly for depression. St. Johns Wart works well too. ;)
Smoke less indica and more sativa too :p

On friday I made myself get up at 7am when the boyfriend left for work so I could have more sunlight...was a beautiful day.. still dark until 8 though! :rolleyes:

I was actually on St Johns Wart for about 2 years and it really did help for the first year then I think my body just became immune or something because I got really bad and thats when I (finally) went to the doctor. That was over 3 years ago now, and I've been on varying doses of citalopram since.

nikimadritista I LOVE spain! only been once, but I loved it so much, and yes I agree I think the reason a lot of english people seem to be depressed more is because of our skanky horrible weather! I know I would definately suit a different country!

Well I did sign up for benefits and will have to wait until Ive gotten written proof from my doctor, which should be no problem. Went to a family do last night and oh god it was difficult I felt so bad when asked what i;m doing as people assume "job hunting" means doing nothing! :rolleyes:

Me and the boyfriend are looking into moving house/flat although he has debts (i don't but then i don't have a penny to my name either!) so we won't be buying for a good few years yet. Although hopefully we'll be able to get that HPS unpacked and get a good sativa or 2 or 3 on the go :hubba:

I find my problem is that i find it hard to stick to something...I mean i'm good at and enjoy a lot of things, but then find a reason to stop and never seem to go back to it.

I did buy new figure skates last year (i quit skating when i was 18) so WILL make an effort to get back into that this year, or thats £150 I coulda spent elsewhere!

Anyway dinner time now, I've written enough of an essay lol

glad to hear you're feeling better.
keep your chin up :)

Welcome back Thorn!
Nice to hear you're handling the stress better!
Get the flat... With it a bigger grow place...
No more depression once you stop running out ;)

thanks mom..

well i slept really bad and was fed up of being awake by 7 this morning and was then hungry too lol so decided to get up. Going for a swim in a couple of hours if the rain holds back :)

eating and swimming is a great way to combat depression

not at the same time though pcduck :giggle:

Yea I love swimming. Felt really good, didn't wanna stop, probably could have done a mile but i wanted to get out before all the school kids got in!! :p Just did 40 lengths today :) But don't forget the 14 mile (round) cycle to get there and back :D

Latest posts

Back