desert growing

joe1313

Reaction score
I started some plants in a green house that is in the desert.My plants have been growing at a faster rate than anticipated .Has anyone bent plants at 6 foot and have them continue growing or should I just top them? My growing season is very long .Interested in any feed back .Thanks joe1313

pcduck

Feed the soil, not the plant
Reaction score
I have tied down 10 footers with no problems. Each branch just grew towards the sun with huge colas on them

joe1313

Reaction score
Will give it a try and see how things work out. Thanks for the reply.joe1313

WeedHopper

Staff member
Bud of the Month Winner
Reaction score
Yep,,Bend HER OVER. He He

vostok

Reaction score
Raise the roof of the greenhouse or like the guys ant MjHQ, raise the whole house ...lol

Rosebud

Organic dirt farmer
Reaction score
I just took my 6 ft tall plants and bent over some tops. They are very hardy. Don't break them off, just bend, or maybe Duck could elaborate on his training tall girls.

ncmga

Reaction score
I started some plants in a green house that is in the desert.My plants have been growing at a faster rate than anticipated .Has anyone bent plants at 6 foot and have them continue growing or should I just top them? My growing season is very long .Interested in any feed back .Thanks joe1313
Greetings

Yo 1313 , desert growing is difficult, I posted an Afghani grown in New MEXICO in a hot, dry environment. Plants should be watered daily . Sativas do poorly in this environment, whereas indicas flourish . As far as growth , and bending do that, I learned the hard way with a KC BRAINS Leda Undo Thai leaning that required constant training and harvesting. This strain had THE fastest growth of any variety I know in existence in a hot environment that from seed to three wks was 6 feet tall! the cuttings did the same, either control or genetics.

Peace
ATOMIC Dog

vostok

Reaction score
Here's a 6ft bent a few days ago...anchored to the stakes you see such an abundance of...bend away
This is typical of my grow, so can't resist by saying I too found it a lot easier to wrap a sheet iof re-enforcing mesh, and encase it around the plant to save having to constantly adjust the branches ...lol

...nice piggy!

Latest posts