Did I mess up my Clones?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T-rex

Reaction score
Happy New Year everyone!

A question on my clones. I took the clones when the plants were into flowering 2 1/2 wks. 1st mistake. They rooted great in 12 days. Then I transplanted them on 12/19 into 1 gal containers. When I did this I trimmed them real good. Maybe to good. I trimmed them to just two sets of leaves but i also cut out all growth in the center of each clone because they contained small flowers. Mistake? Only one has started new growth, probably because I left more growth in the center of it. Of course they are revegging. Is this why they are taking so long to start up new growth? Or did I simply mess up by trimming the center flowers out of them stopping any possibility of new growth. In short, am I doomed?

Thanks,
T-rex

P1010001.JPG

P1010003.JPG

P1010002.JPG

P1010004.JPG

P1010005.JPG

:eek: ,,remeber not to let your self loose with the scalpel next time

taking roots in flower is ok they will just take longer ,cause of the reveg ,, they look a nice green still and whilst theres new growth theres a chance but you may have stressed them a little to much ,,or put them down to experiance,and try again ,goodluck :peace:

Should I give them some more time? Maybe they're building a good root system and the tops will pop through in time. I just don't want to waste my time with them if there's no chance.

T-rex

Give them a few more days. Next time remember no cutting the leaves or any growing plant after just transplanting. you double shocked your plants now they have to recover

They aren't hurting anything by sitting there leave them until they either take off or die, unless you need the space. I don't know what will happen I've never done that. Let us know if they pull through, will ya?

HI T...

Unfortunately, I think that if you removed their only grow tips I dont think they'll have anywhere for new growth to emerge... The 4th pic looks like it will be fine in a bit but the others dont seem to have any grow tips. You can leave them for a while to see if anything develops but you might do well to pop over to the collective for a new batch of clones if this messes up your next round of flowering plants schedule too much... You might consider making that one in Pic 4 a new mommy and letting that grow to some size to use for cuttings down the road. I've taken cuttings from plants much deeper into flowering and I wont mess with any of the bud on the clone and clear out the mess until it has rooted, returned to veg mode and then about a foot of new growth then I'll start pruning away the old remaining bud on the plant and some of the single bladed leaves a bit at a time.

Peace!:cool:

how could you chop their heads off? :hitchair: you might get some growth from some of them depending on how "good" you cut them if they dont have any grow tips they cant grow new branches, imo give em a chance theyr nice green and healthy, please keep us posted on this we are interested to see the out come, good luck :)

Latest posts

Back