Disco Ball and Bagseed (PHOTOS)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sap_boy

Reaction score
Greetings!

This is my first grow journal! As you can see from my photos, I am growing fourteen plants total. The four on the left are clones from a friend's mother, a hybridized strain called "Disco Ball." The ten on the right are bagseed that were ten days old at the time these photos were taken. I am growing them under a 250 Watt Metal Halide lamp, with plans to move them under 1200 Watts of High Pressure Sodium goodness when the time is right. Having said that, I may decide to keep these plants as mothers. It'll take longer, but may be worth the wait.

The plants are growing in Promix soilless medium. I am using Dutch Master Gold Nutrient, with Liquid Light plus Penetrator for increased photosynthesis. The temperatures are a bit high, but summer is winding down, so I'm not too worried. The lower left corner seedling has some curling on the sides of the leaves. Not sure what that's from yet.

Please let me know what you think. Any advice, applause, or criticism is appreciated. Look forward to growing with you!

DSCN2498.JPG

DSCN2496.JPG

DSCN2497.JPG

Whats up mang. Everything looks and sounds great. Here's some GREEN MOJO for them young ladies. :aok:

A quick update on day fifteen. As you can see from the photos, I've decided on a name for my little bagseed. I call it "holy sh*t," due to the fact that they came from a bag of unbelievable stuff.

I'm getting some curling on some of the leaves. It my be due to heat, but I can't imagine it's anything having to do with nutrients, as there's no discoloration.

Disco Ball is looking good, too. Onward...

DSCN2525.JPG

DSCN2527.JPG

DSCN2533.JPG

Update on day 18 of this grow. I had to put down an extra pan to spread these babies out. Not sure yet what I'm going to do next, because I have a few options. The four Disco Ball clones are definitely female, so I thought about keep two of them as mothers. The remaining 12 are unknown, so I may have to take cuttings and put them into flower.

Right now I'm using a 250 Watt metal halide, but for flower I'm going to use 1200 (2 600s) Watts of HPS. When they get a bit bigger, I may veg them a little more under one of the 600 Watt HPS, before moving them out, turning on the second 600, and switching to 12/12. I'll know more in a few weeks. Any opinions on how much longer I should keep these in the cups (before transplanting), and how much longer I should keep them under the 250 Watts?

Onward...

DSCN2592.JPG

you got some nice looking babies. u just growin in a small box?

dang thats pretty nice for a simple broom closet! whats ur deminsions

This closet is only where I start my clones and seeds. There is a separate flowering room. The dimensions are approx. 4 X 2.5. My flowering area will be approx. 5 X 3.5.

Hey sap, looking good. You know the genetics of either of the 2 strains? Here is some MOJO for ya bud.

Thanks, Disco! I guess my strain is named after you...

The Disco Ball is pretty hardy, as it's a cross breed that a friend bred himself. Took him a long time to get it right, but the results are fantastic. Holy Sh*t is simple bagseed from some really good stuff I had a while back. I grew some last summer and it turned out great. This time, though I'll raise a few mothers to take cuttings from.

I'll be using a 250 watt metal halide for my mothers and clones.

hmm do u think its possible for me to grow a mother plant if i lst her, in a height of 15.5'' with 3 25 watt cfl's 6400k, 1,800k, and maybe some extra home depot cfls?

I think anything is possible, but until this grow I used T5 fluorescents and didn't see NEAR the growth rate of a simple 250 metal halide. That doesn't mean I'm right, it just means that's what I've seen with my particular grow.

Latest posts

Back