Do you get paranoid?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ganj

Reaction score
If I'm in a group of people getting high in a somewhat open area or high with a group of people in a very crowded place I get kind of tweaked every once in awhile but I can usually control it because I want to be able to keep my cool with my friends if anything happens, but sometimes when I'm alone and in a crowded place or in a place that could possibly lead to disaster while smoking I can get pretty tweaked out and making things out to be something they aren't, or convinced that people are talking about that stoned guy over there. I ignore it through my face and stuff (I think) but in my head I can sometimes go kind of nuts about that if I'm by myself.

Does anyone else do this and overanalyze a lot of what people around you in a public area are doing?

I don't over-analyze really..people always tell me I look relatively normal when im high once I put on the serious face ;) lol.But anxiety can come in a little if im smoking with people I don't know.I don't get anxious around friends.

Might be surprised to see how various strains, harvest times, and curing methods affect you...good reason for me to grow my own.

Might try different weed if possible....

Well it doesn't happen all the time.

And I would definetely get paranoid while smoking with people I don't know, which is why I don't do it. :)

thats why I quit smoking it over 20 years ago...it made me feel paranoid.....real paranoid for no reason.........even though I stopped it 20 years ago I have taken a toke here and there (none in the last 5 years) to see what would happen and it still makes me paranoid.......So I gave up on it......I do miss it.....I use to cop a quarter pound every payday.......man that was back in the 80's and the cost was decent....I remember those 4 finger baggies of some good ole Panama Red Bud or the Real Deal Acapulco Gold for 30 bucks an OZ..(No Steams ....no seeds... that you dont need...Acapulco Gold's... some bad azz weed)...lol.......I even remember the the stuff in the 70's......plain ole Mexican for 10 Bucks an OZ........

I feel ya Ganj!! I have gone through the same thing, although not so much recently. I've isolated the strains that make me feel that way and I avoid them when I'm out and about. For me, those strains are the indicas - with them I know I tend to space out more, pay less attention, and zone out to the extent that anybody who sees me knows - not that I care what people think or say, but it's just not a comfortable feeling so I do what I can to avoid it by taking along a good sativa.

Now, can I ask you a question? How is your hearing when you smoke? Now that makes me paranoid!! I swear I can hear people arguing two blocks down, I can hear the neighbors TV, the traffic on the freeway, which is a good 5 miles away. It's like my sense of sound is totally heightened on certain strains - again, mostly indicas.

Does anybody else have this happen?? Talk about paranoia!!

I guess that if I can hear as well as I think I can when I'm baked, I should be able to hear anybody coming to my door to harass me right? It might have its benefits after all!

There was a person who recently started a thread, who was tweaking out pretty hard after a first smoking experience. I think the paranoia is just the common, much much milder aspect of what that person went through. I occasionally get a wave of it.
I wonder also though, if the paranoia of a grower can be transmitted to the plant. Because it does seem that I'll come across some herb that is 'paranoid', and is described as such by a number of people. Other herb seems to be free of it. Indica/Sativa wasn't a factor, as I think back. We've had all sorts of super Indica with no paranoia. Honestly its been the odd sack of unknown commercial that I've found leads to it, which of course only supports my totally unprovable psychic transmission theory.
I'm with you on the Sativa preference though. Jah Rastafari

Latest posts

Back