Does curing increase potency?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rehab is for Quitters said:
There is a major difference between 'correllation' and 'cause', which is the flaw in most of these so called studies. If you google 'marijuana impotence' you'll find a zillion sites that 'prove' that mj causes impotence. Just because a pot smoker becomes impotent, that does not prove that mj is the cause. After all, in 70% of automobile accidents the driver was found to have consumed caffeine that day. Doesn't prove that caffeine causes car accidents (it is a correllation, not a cause).

There is a great book called 'Marijuana Myth: Marijuana Fact: A Review of the Scientific Evidence' which debunks most of the mj myths. Many of the studies outlined in this book were used (in California) to support legalizing medical mj.

ETA: Depression is difficult to study since it is so subjective (IOW there is no blood test or other objective test that proves a person is depressed).

Also from personal experience I can attest that pot does not cause impotence. My husband has smoked daily for 20 years and he's still going strong ;)

I'm not going to get pulled into a no-win argument over this.

"A person convinced against their will, is of the same opinon still"

You'll believe what you feel is correct and I'll do the same. Their is no proof either way.

Latest posts

Back