does lightning affect the flowering outdoors

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skullcandy

Reaction score
I know that 12 hours dark is required for a plant t flower but what if there is a lightning storm out side does the flashing mess that up

skullcandy said:
I know that 12 hours dark is required for a plant t flower but what if there is a lightning storm out side does the flashing mess that up

NO. lady bugs do though.:) oh yea, the full moon will kill em all , quick like.
similar to headlights and stars. rainbows, well don't even go there.:)

skullcandy said:

Actually that is not really true. Outdoors, a plant senses the shortening days and starts producing the flowering hormones in response to the shortening days. After about a month of days getting shorter, outdoor plants will generally start to bud, even though few places have 12/12 light/dark the middle/end of July.

However, in response to your question, the answer is no. Lightening strikes will not affect flowering, ditto moon light. Streetlights, however, can cause problems.

that is a relief i see pistoles starting to grow on my plant and there has been lightining lighting up the sky for like a week its still cloudy today and the forcast calls for another week of it.

your fine....My neighbor has those street lights on his building..shines on my Garden All night.. havent had issues yet:confused:

Nice to know 4U. I had a friend that had trouble with a spot in his yard that a light shined on.

maybe has to do with how close the light is to the plant, my are around 100 feet from mine.

I was courious cause I am starting to flower

Yea maybe someday somebody will find out about how many foot candles it takes to disturb flowering.

going to try to grow a plant at night from seed under a street light lol afk

Latest posts

Back