Does this look like a pollen pouch? I'm freakin out here

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FloydBanks

Reaction score
Hey, my plants not in flowering, it's not even 30 days old in veg yet. I did switch out a 26watt cool white for a 42watt warm white cfl the other day... but today I noticed this thing coming off my one of the nodes. Take a look, does it look like a pollen pouch to you??? I hope I'm just overreacting.

male1.jpg

male2.jpg

darn it, i was hoping for "looks like it might be new growth, give it a couple days," but I knew I was getting the "it's a guy dude."............. well I've got one more plant, and then my shotglass grow... which I might pull out and pot in a bigger pot since this is a male :(

floyd... why dont you just wait it out... you said they weren't in flowering so it wont effect the plant in sex... its already determined and it can't pollinate it if it is a guy cause its not in flowering yet.... so why not just wait and see

does it have to be in flowering for the pollen sack to burst, tho? I don't want it to pollinate my other plant if that one's a girl.

Well, it's definitely a pollen sack, no doubt about that now bro.......

pollensack.jpg

That was the only one I could see, so I cut it off... (picture above). I know more will come, but I'm still being optimistic and waiting it out. I've been amazed so many times by this plant, it's hard to chop it down so quick lol

I think if One sac came out it can only be a male or a hermy. Hermies are not bad you know, I got one and shes doing fine, producing lots of trichs so I'll get some good bud out of it, plus it will polinate herself and give me seeds for free...If it turns out to be a hermy I advise you to keep it going to see what happens.

Latest posts

Back