does this sound ok?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

85cannabliss

HERB SMOKER
Reaction score
hi all just a quick question, can you leave a plant from seed to harvest to grow outside??

i ask coz my plan is to put plants out in 1 plant plots. meaning 1 here 1 there all over the place. but i dont want to have to go visiting , EVER. then when it comes to harvest go and collect my fruits. last year i got WAY ahead of myself and had 23 in 1 place, so once 1 was found, they all were. this way i should get at least 1 plant to harvest.
and if it dont rain for 10 days or so, i may pay a few a little visit with some fresh water.

let me know what you think.
85C

Hola 85

The plant is a weed.
It has survived on its own for centuries, Understand?

No.

You will have a small harvest if any. That is if you put them in the ground. If you put them in a pot they will most likely not make it at all.

HippyInEngland said:
Hola 85

The plant is a weed.
It has survived on its own for centuries, Understand?

thats what i thought , surely mother nature must supply the feed they need to survive. i will be visiting them if it dont rain for a while to give them a little drink.

I'm pretty sure you don't care much for me, 85. Which is all fine, but I'm just trying to help you out. Just like last year when I told you that your plants would be found.....and they were. I wish you could have proved me wrong. This season I'm telling you if you put your plants in pots and scatter them out and never go to them and think that you are going to harvest then you are going to be disappointed.

I'm not the best grower on this site, nor do I claim to be even close. But, I have some knowledge.

hey sticky i aint got no problem you bro, in fact i take your advice in toe., and i will have a few local plants to tend to, just so i kinow when to go and give the wild 1s the chop.

and yes, last year was a big flop for me, but this year i will be remembering where i went wrong last year, and use that to ensure i have bud to smoke this year. i just want some far away from where i live so that i leave absolutely no trails behind when i visit.

i have high hopes for this year sticky, and dont mean to sound like i dont agree with you, but trial and error is the only proper way to learn for yourself, dont you think?

I would give it a shot bro the worst that can happen is you get nothing but if the grow and dont get noticed then you make out:hubba: I wouldn't put them in pots i would plant the straight in the ground just make sure the soil is good in the area that your gonna put them also i would visit them at least twice a month at least to make sure they are healthy and get the right amount of water & food and also to make sure that you dont have any males don want one out there to pollinate your females:eek: and to check if anyone has been to there good luck if you do go through with this peace

thanks SB, and about that male problem you think i may have. i plan on just putting 1 plant per plot so that i donmt need to worry about pollenation. i may visit a few of them later on to see if i have survivors, and to water if there isnt any rain for a week or so. thanks for the bigup tho.

85C

and just to add to this for any1 reading, tell no1 coz people do get jealous, and i went overboard last year and put 23 plants in 1 plot, so once 1 was found they all were. so dont do any of these 2 things!!

the rest is up to you.

I would say that 2-3per acre if you can. Keep them small and remember they can get VERY tall, where I do outdoor there is a concern with hunters scouting at the harvest time of the season. Thats why I keep few in one place, the whole eggs in one basket thing you know :)

85cannabliss said:
i plan on just putting 1 plant per plot so that i donmt need to worry about pollenation.

85C

So not true 85'.. pollen can be carried "wind born" for quite some distance (1/4 to 1/2 mile I'm told) Insects can transport it as well. Plan at least one trip in mid to late August, just for.. ;)

yeah hick, i plan on spacing them out a little more than 1/2 a mile. thats why im not visiting them, i plan on planting around 30 plants in a 50 mile radius. and then ive got possibilities of going on holidays and trips this year, i may plant 1 or 2 while im away. i may even buy some feminized beans if i decide to do this, so that when i go the distance back to fetch them, i know they gona be girls.

and sweetnug, i already learned my lesson last year, i had all my plants in 1 place last year and they all got took. i didnt even get 1 plant out of it. so im planning carefully this year ;)

ive even put 3 stoneybud males out a few nights ago instead of putting them in the bin, if they grow i can pick pollen and selectively seed my females nearby;)

i think you could do it in five to ten gallon pots...with a nice happy frog soil for all the nutrients it will need for veg then add some high p guano to the soil for the flowering phase then all you have to do is water the plants. or you can just feed it every time you water it but this isnt very practical for guerilla grow. you want to be as discrete and secretive as possible.

85'.. IME.. and in most cases, mj doesn't do "well" without some care, watering, feeding, ect.
Though you might be rewarded with a better harvest than you had last season ;), I would also expect, "at least" a 50% loss to the elements.

yeah hick, then 50% on males leving 6ish if i plant 30. but ive said before 1 plant will keep me happy, just knowing i succeed this season will be good enough for me.

JJ, ill not be using pots, straight into the ground for mine. im looking into moisture retaining crystals, or vermaculite/perlite. or all 3 deep in the holes. with fine mesh over the soil so not to get too wet.

cool man...how big of whole you gonna go with..2 ft? cant wait to see this thing!

2ft max brother, i dug 23 1ft holes last year and bought over 350ltrs of soil to fill them. i may just stick with 1ft-ers for the time being. unless i think the soil in the area is really crap, then ill go for 2ft. but ill mixing potash in the lower of the hole for when they reach flower, then theyll have a boost of all the right nutes.

im thinking alot more than doing atm lol

sounds promising bliss. i think 1 ft holes would work well. they wont get gigantic though unless you dig a big 3 ft hole. and the nutrients in the bottom so when the roots reach it during flower they will have all they need, is right on!

thanks man, looks like i better get my gardening tools out :D hehe i cant wait

plant and leave is a crap shoot.
a little involvement with your girls will pay of in spades.
you don't have to sit on them , but tending them can be an enjoyable task
Just my opinion

Latest posts

Back