DrGreenThumb and The_Riz's Grow Journal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
small one? dunno about that, ours is a small one and can only flower 2, although were gonna try and squeeze 3 in if there all female

cheers droster

riz

i got DWC
we are building one Ebb and Flow with stoney
and i really would like for you to help me out with NFT

that i will start plants with all 3 at once and compare each .:)

DWC is what i use for quit long time :)

You could build one, but youd need some kind of flat plastic surface roughly 2 foot by 1 foot, with a ridge all the way round bar one side for the water to flow off.. basically you need a McDonalds Tray lol.. that would do perfectly. then you can pump water onto it, and let it drain back into the resovoir

ok ill be back in my house tuesday than i will talk to you ok

hey brouli im also a nft grower if i can help ya at all please msg me or ask in one of my threads

nice light hook ups guys mines exactly the same couple hooks and twine lol does the job abd is easy to higher and lower lights according

**FLOWERING**

upload_12-12.jpgupload_12-12-2.jpg

Here are two update pics of our grow..

Last night we switched from veg lighting of 18/6, to flower lighting of 12/12..

We just noticed after putting them on there first dark period of 12/12, that the plants have taken on some female charictoristics, obviously we are hoping they all turn out to be female, would apreciate any opinions!..

Look tastey though hey!

Sup guys. Still a bit early to tell male or female but they are looking great. How old are they now? It usually takes about a week or so before you will see any hair or balls after putting them into flower. Your doing a great job guys keep it up. ;)

cheers TBG, Well keep you all posted on how they turn out!..

Hey Guys, what's up?

Riz said:
We just noticed after putting them on there first dark period of 12/12, that the plants have taken on some female charictoristics

After a night? No, but if you have preflowers that can help.

No biggie if you don't have them. There's plenty of time to sex plants.

dont know I want to know if any body ever heard of putting sugar in the rottts of hydroponic plants

I dont know, but this is the wrong place to ask.. this is our grow journal, me and doc green would rather any questions, even directed at us were posted in "general indoor growing" or the hydro section depending on the nature of the question, even PM one of us,

but a) you probably wont get many answers in here from the full spectrum of members, and b) for obvious reasons we'd rather keep this thread clear of questions and focus more on documenting our plants growth

cheers
riz

zarnon i adree..............After a night? No.......

unless they have somehow autoflowered!!!!

anyway looking good riz.

pkj

well, its friday and they have been in 12/12 for nearly a week, we are using vege nutes till monday when we do our weekly resevoir tank change and then we will switch to our bloom nutes and boosters... hopefully all will go well....

things looking all good guys keep at it

Well im tearing my hair out waiting for signs of sex. Ive found a few things around on sex determination, and although im sure 6 days isnt long enough to tell its feeling like a lifetime!

update1.jpg

Just a size update really, there getting pretty damn big, i hope to start seeing some signs of sex.

The plant at the back right "Ghandi" named after its small, weak, but powerful predecessor, has really outgrown the other 2 as we hoped, and what more would you expect of such a power lol...

Whils't the other 2 have developed what could be either male or female growths, Ghandi has produced what appear to be female sites. I cant get close enough for a pic, and its very small, but it appears to be a small american football type shape with two fine hairs coming out. Its the only one i can find on the plant as the others look reletively undeveloped..

I cant stop looking at them which is making them seem to develope slower than normal, thats just me lol.. 1 female would be a disapointment but 1's better than none i guess theres still time, holding out mass hope lol..

riz

the_riz said:
View attachment 17144

Just a size update really, there getting pretty damn big, i hope to start seeing some signs of sex.

The plant at the back right "Ghandi" named after its small, weak, but powerful predecessor, has really outgrown the other 2 as we hoped, and what more would you expect of such a power lol...

Whils't the other 2 have developed what could be either male or female growths, Ghandi has produced what appear to be female sites. I cant get close enough for a pic, and its very small, but it appears to be a small american football type shape with two fine hairs coming out. Its the only one i can find on the plant as the others look reletively undeveloped..

I cant stop looking at them which is making them seem to develope slower than normal, thats just me lol.. 1 female would be a disapointment but 1's better than none i guess theres still time, holding out mass hope lol..

riz

Looking good guys!:aok: If you look very closely at preflower pics on this site you can get a pretty good idea of what fully mature preflowers look like...but I find as far as identifying them early, there is another characteristic that is not very often described. When preflowers are very young, the male and female will appear very similar...but I have noticed, that the male preflower...even while it is very small...will protrude on a horizontal axis with the plant...while the female calyx, will protrude vertically.

Not necessarily enough to classify sex from, either way, give her long enough to be sure...but this info may ease some of your anxieties and make waiting slightly more enjoyable. ;)

Latest posts

Back