DrGreenThumb and The_Riz's Grow Journal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oioi... can we have some more pics please :D... got msn-ed earlier telling me that they're turning into monsters!!

Haha, it has been a while since the last update. What we can say is that Tron and Ghandi are looking real healthy since flowering. The bud sites are looking spikey and frosty :)

Also, we have a new addition to the Family! not long before flowering we decided to take a cutting, place it in some rockwool and then inside half a bottle for humidity. a week or so later under a rubbish 600 lumen flouro light, roots formed and we put it in a bigger rockwool block and laced into a pot with airstones

Ok, Time for another update!

:D <- I cant wipe this grin off my face, seriously.. I just took some pics of one of our nicest looking and most easily accessable budsites, and boy does it look fine,

bigbud.jpg
bigbudclose.jpg

Yeah i know... Ole riz went overboard with the attachments again, "why oh why did he upload 2 pics of the same bud!"

Well, I couldnt upload the whole picture, as much as id like to as its too big in both file size and canvas size.. So i decided to upload one pic of the bud stem and one of the actual pistils..

and doesnt she look like a beaut!.. I counted about 30 almost identical to this one on one plant alone!...

Oh... and the reason the leaves look "burned" in the background of the pics, is that i had the flash on the camera and had just misted the plants, so the water was reflecting the HPS..

----

As for the grow, the plants have reached a healthy 4 to 5 foot in height, smelling kinda neutral still but i reckon a couple more weeks and well be ready to start thinking about harvesting!

Riz

Whats up guys. The ladies are looking great. How old are they now?

thanks TBG :D.. well we germinated the 1st of janurary, 3 months.

the_riz said:
thanks TBG :D.. well we germinated the 1st of janurary, 3 months.
Sorry man i mean how long in flower. Been hittin that damn bong again. :bong1: :banana:

lol... err... 3 and a half weeks!.. mmmmm..

the_riz said:
lol... err... 3 and a half weeks!.. mmmmm..
Nice. :aok: Got a ways to go with that strain. 8 to 9 weeks flowering on them ladies. Orange like aroma tasting of hash. Heavy crop and very good quality. Sounds like a very nice strain we might have to try down the road. ;)

and the great thing is, not one bug in site :D

8 - 9 weeks, damn. on the pack it says 6 weeks but if the hairs arent 70% + brown by week 6 i suppose we will wait till they are :)

hairs arent 70% + brown
.. the hairs(pistils) aren't an accurate method....the only way to tell for certain the maturity/ripeness, is by trichome color.

Hick said:
.. the hairs(pistils) aren't an accurate method....the only way to tell for certain the maturity/ripeness, is by trichome color.
I would agree 100% with that. ;)

well, update time i suppose, we tied up the top buds

(http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10104)

as any bud sites get too heavy for the branch, we will tie them up also. Here are a couple of photos to show them off...

DSC00028.JPG

But for now, the top sites would seem the best option and they are under little stress.

DSC00029.JPG

DSC00030.JPG

well, thats all for now, we will update when they are more noticeably bigger :)

sorry if i sound like a robot on this post. I am ZONED... :) and all day i have been thinking about how good this is gunna be when we finally cut them down and dry out the flowers... *sigh* i think i might be bugging Riz a bit about it but i know he is as excited as me.

man those ladies are looking great man cant wait to see ur harvest

The ladies are looking great guys. Whatever your doing keep it up because the ladies seem to be loving it. :aok:

They are monsters :D we got the relative himidity to around 60% most of the time, the temps are constantly around 70 - 80 degrees. One little 8" fan blowing from the bottom, the buds are tied up around the top.. Nutrient strengh has been about 75%.

We have been using a booster and i think that may be what has given our buds such a healthy glow. So far so good :) no slip ups so far... it must be becuase we are greenthumbs at heart and love the art of mother nature :)

Ok, So they have been flowering for a while now, they are looking great (see pics above)...

At what stage should i be only giving the plants water with no nutes? is it about 2 weeks before harvest? do the buds need to look a certain way before i give them just water? any feedback would be greatly appreciated :)

cheers

Might be just about time for the 'hump':D ...don't panic. I have noticed what seems like a 'stall' right around the 4th week, luckily I read about it before it happened. A week will seem to go by with nothing happening...if it does, just be patient, 6th week and after is when it gets good ;) . I usually just blend out my ferts by last week...like gradually decreasing them after halfway point, with just water or clearex or whatever your fancy on the last week.

I have a blueberry hybrid that is good to go in 7 weeks, but most take a little longer (up to 14 weeks :eek: ). Might be some 'diesels' or something that finish in 6...dunno.

Anyway looking great mang :ccc:

How ya doing i see everything is coming up great :)
can wait for harvest bro's

Well, we have run into a little problem, not too much but we wanna remedy it as soon as possible.

Our tallest plant is about 6" taller than the other, the smaller one which is a good height away from the lamp has really strong hairs at the top cola, the taller one however, the cola is looking a little less vibrant than her little sister.

The top is about 5" away from HPS lamp, should we raise the lamp? if so, how much by? we dont wanna get the lamp to the ceiling (not far away) so any suggestions... ? how about if i tied the plant so it is at a slight angle giving her lower leaves more light..? all suggestions welcome

that would be the best way to go ( tie it down i mean )
but also you can raise half the way between celing and light that should do it but tie it down nab would be waist if you burn them now :)

Latest posts

Back