DrGreenThumb and The_Riz's Grow Journal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah you know, i think were planning on tying it down slightly tonight, we've nearly tied the buds up the stem to form our "two litre cola" lol..

yeah it would be a great waste to burn them now, i mean the leaves are fine, we just noticed the pistils were underdeveloped on the tallest plant. however it is about a foot bigger than the other! lol... damn, i can see this being quite a high yeild!

thanks for all your help on this guys by the way :D

man you need to stop talkin about yeild you got me drypping here

Well its getting to that time where were starting to get a good idea of the ammount these two lovely ladies are gonna produce, so we took some nice pictures earlier today of how there coming, nearly into week 5 of flowering, man its getting close!! :D :eek: :D

browning.jpgcola.jpgtwins.jpg

As you guys can see the pistils on the first pic are starting to brown up a little at the tips, also the crystals are starting to show there numbers!.. its the first real sign of real weed we've had, and we couldnt be happier!

The middle picture is our shorter, denser cola plant, Tron. the two either side are from Ghandi, the taller girl. Hoping to get at least 100grams off this... we hope.

that would be nice :) Should our flowers plump up a bit more or do you think this is the extent? the Pistils are still real long and white with the green within fattening underneath.

What do you reckon guys?

Gettin orange hairs already? I'm about 5 weeks along too and I'm not getting them yet. Their looking great though, you guys are doing a good job.

Whats up guys. The ladies are looking great but ya still have another 3 or 4 weeks left. ;) The last 2 weeks the ladies will put on some serious weight and trichromes. At this point you have to be patient as you don't wanna chop them to soon. Trust me guys the longer you wait the happier your gonna be come harvest time. ;)

Yeah TBG so true, were planning on waiting at least 3 weeks, depending on how they plump up... cant wait lol patience is not one of my vertues!

ah but now we need to figure out what to do about the nutrients before harvest. Anyone have any experience with Hydro grows and when to turn the nute down to eventually fresh water???

I don't know much about hydro, but dependant on how long of flowering times you got.. see.. say if it's looks like it's going to go a while longer keep feeding, if you have a plant with a shorter flowering time, then you can feed for another week and then straight water from here on out... 5 weeks in im guessing???

Anyways , I am a hydro idiot so i might be wrong, but the general rule of thumb is kinda vague since every plant is different and can flower longer/shorter periods, but I normally cut the nutes off 1-2 weeks before harvest, if i don't plan on a reveg.

a reveg? can u actually keep your plants alive after a harvest and grow them out again?

Hmmm.. well, Orange bud takes upto 8 weeks of flowering, we are about week 5ish. so far they are on 75% nute strengh coz normal dosage tends to burn these babies.

As of monday it will officially its 5th week, started 12/12 on the 4th of Feb.

Yep, cut the nutes ot 2 weeks before harvest with hydro. The plant will use up all the nutrients she got in her leaves. Makes for a smoother smoke :)

DrGreenThumb said:
a reveg? can u actually keep your plants alive after a harvest and grow them out again?

Hmmm.. well, Orange bud takes upto 8 weeks of flowering, we are about week 5ish. so far they are on 75% nute strengh coz normal dosage tends to burn these babies.

As of monday it will officially its 5th week, started 12/12 on the 4th of Feb.
Yes you can reveg your plant. Not sure how to go about it using hydro though. You harvest the bud and leave some of the plant leaves and branches. Stick it back into veg and she will start all over. It takes sometime before she reverts back but she will. ;) Were gonna give it a try this harvest with our Duckfoot99 x AK-47 Bubbleberry lady which should be coming down this week sometime. I will post some shots of her when we do it.

Cool TBG, Look forward to checking it out! sounds interesting..

we were just gonna chop and burn though, i mean we cloned one of the females early on and it seems to be doing well for itself.. its kind of LST'd in a large pot with airstones at the mo..

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT said:
Yes you can reveg your plant. Not sure how to go about it using hydro though. You harvest the bud and leave some of the plant leaves and branches. Stick it back into veg and she will start all over. It takes sometime before she reverts back but she will. ;) Were gonna give it a try this harvest with our Duckfoot99 x AK-47 Bubbleberry lady which should be coming down this week sometime. I will post some shots of her when we do it.

I'll be watching for those pics TBG! It'll be interesting to see how that works.

Ill be watching that re-veg of your plants also TBG

Bella D, there over 5 foot and counting... startin to see those crystals and just waitin on the buds to plump out like britney spears lol

Latest posts

Back