Dried up and Strugglin - help lol

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steeev

Reaction score
Hello again crew,

I've got a predicament on my hands....

I trusted my housemate to water my plants for me because I went snowboarding for the past 4 days. I explained to him that they needed to be watered twice at least.... Well since he's an alcoholic/WoW addict, he only watered them once and when I got back my plants were drying up and a lot of the top half leaves are crumbling and turning yellow.

What's even worse is that he messed up replugging in one of my lights (and missed the timer) and so one of my fluro's stayed on for the full 24 hours a day. I've read in many places that it's extremely important for the plants to have uninterrupted light during the flowering cycle.

So now I've got several little green leaves coming out of many of my buds, they are very small but I can definitely notice. Is this something to worry about?

I'm just wondering if it's possible for my plants to recover from this **? A lot of the leaves are very yellow and curling up dry, so I'm wondering if it's a better idea to harvest very soon instead of waiting another week or two?

I'm just very concerned and I don't want my plants to die (along with those tasty buds), any suggestions?

Thanks!!

any pics so we can see just how much damage we are talking about?

little green leaves coming out of the sides of your buds is normal man, i'm pretty sure one day with the lights on isn't enough to put your plant back into a full vegetative state... it will shock your plants and stunt growth, what week of flower are you in? pictures would really help to assess the damage

They went four days with 24 hours of light. Just finishing the 8th week of flowering.

I will definitely put up some pictures tomorrow, I've gotta re-arrange these girlz because my grow room is too small.

I took some pictures of the damage today. Notice how on certain plants there's yellow and curled up leaves. Those buds don't smell very nice anymore haha. Unfortunately the flash on my camera doesn't make the damage look all that bad.

I haven't been able to get a microscope or magnifying glass yet, but I took one picture super zoomed in and I think I can see the individual trichomes. Just finished 8th week of flowering.

I was told 10-12 weeks before by members, but I was concerned that maybe I should harvest a few of the 'burnt' ones earlier? Or will they be fine?

Only four plants were damaged so here's how well the other plants are doing. Something interesting I noticed was that the ones that were damaged seemed to have less trichomes on the outside leaves. I don't see that 'glow' from the trichomes all over like on the others. Maybe when they dried up and got roasted, the trichomes got cooked in the process ha.

dmg2.jpg

dmg.jpg

purpdmg.jpg

purpz.jpg

trych.jpg

whitey.jpg

whiteyz.jpg

They'll survive. You can let them finish the grow. Some nice looking buds you got there.

don't look bad its ok now mine i nearly killed even got some driying up flowers near the base of the plant.

No, no, no, you are more then oki.
Just get em back on schedule and let them finish just as you had planned. You should be just fine.

Hick said:
hmmmmm.. all good advice..;), but a li'l surprised that noone suggested a good kick in the sack for your roomy. :rofl:

my thoughts excatley :giggle:

well its a lesson learnt ,,,;)

For goodness sake, why did he have to mess with the lights at all? When flowering all your lights should be on timers so you don't need to do anything manually. Four days with light is going to set you back a bit.

And, IMO, the plants have more the look of nute burn than going without water for a couple of days (I am assuming that you watered well before you left). IMO, the plants would have just been wilted had this been due to this short period of not watering, unless you have incredibly small pots.

Yeah all of my lights are on a timer, he just unplugged them to water them and plugged one back into the wrong jack... that dummy. The pots I have these plants in are probably too big if anything, haha

Thanks for all the help! It's good to hear that they look OK, I was worried for a bit.

Can any of you tell from that zoomed in picture what state my trichomes are in? I can see the individual trichomes, I'm just wondering if anyone can tell the maturity. I'm trying to avoid getting a microscope at least for this grow anyways.

I'm thinking about pulling them after 9 weeks of flowering...

Yes Hemp Goddess is right, 4 days without water is nothing, I only water mine about once a week in flower. And 4 days on 24 hour light will not reveg them. It takes 3 - 4 weeks before you can see reveg leaves. They will notice the change in light and "pause" if anything.

And, IMO, the plants have more the look of nute burn than going without water for a couple of days (I am assuming that you watered well before you left). IMO, the plants would have just been wilted had this been due to this short period of not watering, unless you have incredibly small pots.
I just wanted to stress this.
You might want to back your nutrient solution back a bit...

Latest posts

Back