Dried up trichomes.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Farseer

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a question. Do trichomes regenrate? Basically, all my tri's on my plant have dried up. They are brown and crumbly, just like after drying and curing your buys (the only difference is that my plant is still growing, its about 2 months from harvest). The thing is that after a huge exposure to sun and rain my plant has not been doing very good lately. Is there a chance my tris will grow back to as they were? (milky) Cheers guys.

I am wondering if you have some mold or mildew on your buds.
do you have a pic you can show us?

No, trichs do not regenerate--when they are dead, they are dead. I am also wondering about whether you might have some bud rot.

I am wondering about you seeing trichomes on buds and still being 2 months away from harvest. That is a very long time to still have to go until harvest when you have buds that are developed enough that you have trichomes that are well developed. Is that time frame a typo?

Of course, sorry for no pictures. :p Well, the thing is that I left my plant unattended for a week, and it was raining day and night non stop for 7 days. After I came back I did notice that there were some grey spots with hairs on som buds/stems. So that was mold and I cut away the infected areas si the sporoes wouldnt spread. The thing is that now, ome buds are just turning brown as seen in some of the pictures. It's like they are drying up. There are still a lot of buds that are still sticky and green. But like I said on every single bud there is no trichome, well, the ones that are sitll "alive". I don't know if you can see them, but on the pics, the trichome shave dried up just like they would on a already harvested bud. The thing is obviously, that the plant is still alive and well. As for the typo problem, my mistake maybe not 2 more months, but still a month. Well... that's what I think, I have no way of determing if the plant is ready or not yet (eg. looking at the trichomes) All help appreciated guys, this is my first plant and I have no idea what to do now...

View attachment P9080084.jpg

View attachment P9080085.jpg

View attachment P9080086.jpg

Now, apart from hacking away the infected areas (well most of them anyway, some parts are hard to get to) I added some nutrients and just observe it every day. The spreading of the spores is coming to a halt (I believe) but I think more buds are drying up. What do you guys think/suggest?

I am very sorry, that looks like a total loss to me. I hate saying that on your first grow or any grow, but it looks like bud rot and mildew on the stems. I hope i am wrong. So sorry.

Awww such a shame.. :( Anyway thanks for answering. Do you have any suggestion? Maybe I should start harvesting now, and just hack off anything that looks suspicious?

Ok guys, after some research I decided to just bring my plant inside my house for the night time. That way, the humidity will not drop and the temperature wont drop drastically. If that doesn't work... well the I'll just start harvesting earlier. With the trichomes gone I don't think the plant will be potent in THC etc. but hey, better than nothing. Next year I'll just buy some proper seeds that are unaffected by any types of fungus/mold. What do you guys think?

Sorry, the humidity WILL drop, it gets colder and colder during the nights now.

Unfortunately, I agree with Rosebud. While the second picture doesn't look too bad, the others are showing signs of bud rot and/or mold. It is dangerous to smoke moldy bud and the spores do spread, so if you want to try and keep this plant, you are going to need to cut off all the bud that is brown and looks like it has bud rot or mold.

The leaves of your plant also look like you have severe nute burn. What (exactly) have you been feeding it and how much?

There are no seeds (strains) that are unaffected by any type of mold and fungus--that plant does not exist. There are some strains that are somewhat more resistant to mold and fungus, but all plants will develop mold, mildew, and/or fungus if the conditions are there

Ok guys you're right. It's time I pack up. I'll just hang the plant in my attic and once it's dry I'll clip off anything that looks out of the ordinary. Hopefully the darkness and low humidity of my attic will stop the spores from spreading (?)

You should cut all the bad stuff off before you dry it. Then go through it again once it is dry.

Cut off all the buds and throw them away. If you want to re-veg a plant, that might be do able.

Im sorry, as in every single bud, even the ones that look healthy? You mean to minimize the chance of smoking mold?

I would need to see the plant. It is not worth anything to inhale mold spores. Please believe me. Can you show us a picture of the whole plant or plants please?

Of course, I too woudln't smoke mold for anything in the world but as this is my first plant (you know how it is) I would like to salvage anything possible. So the thing is, at the very top of the plant there is a lot of "brown" dried up parts of the buds. There is no more mold (grey/black). I used a baking soda spray on it and have not seen any more spreading. Now, the buds on the lowest branches are nice and green, but on some, there are very small parts of the buds that are just dry (like on the top, but in a much smaller manner).
Now, the thing is, I might of mised my harvest time. The tris have dried up, and so have parts of the buds. Now, thats just my theory, I cannot know for sure, because there are no more tri's. I havnt seen this plant for the past few weeks. I'll let your eyes judge.

And thanks guys for being so patient with me and for giving me all this help. ;)

View attachment P9090086.jpg

View attachment P9090087.jpg

View attachment P9090088.jpg

View attachment P9090089.jpg

The second picture looks like a maybe... can you get yourself a black light and check for mold that way? They sell them here at pet stores.
Meanwhile, get yourself some new seeds and lets start a grow that you can smoke without worry.

Oh and guys, do you think flushing would be a sensible idea considering the fact, that I just had a war with mold? I have never used any chemical fertilizers, only organic ones.

Latest posts

Back