dry ice.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MARY-JANE

Female Growers Group
Reaction score
has anyone ever heard/used dried ice to bring down humidity in growroom. Can't get humidity to go down :hairpull: it is staying between 55-60 through out the day. When I check in the mornings it is starting to climb, already be @ 50 @ 6.30am. My babys r on 12/12 and I know it needs to be down to at least 20-30 right?. 3wks into flowering and looking ok but she could be looking better. I've tried using extra fan's and nothing seems to be working. Please all the help I can get is really great.

I haven't heard of dry ice decreasing humidity. Have you tried buying a small dehumidifier?

the humidity in your room isnt so bad.. the only real reason you lower the humidity during flower is to prevent Budrot... Budrot thrives in humidity, as your buds are thickening up it gives the Rot a perfect home.. lower humidity prevents the rot getting comfortable in your buds.... so if you cannot find a way to lower your humidity... try and keep your growroom clean! and keep an eye on your plants for any brown looking patches on your buds (brown patches= not good) you can buy dehumidifiers for quite cheap from ebay...

55-60 % humidity is not bad.... you really gotta start watching when it is climbing up to 75-80 and above...

Dry ice is definitely not something you need, if u need to lower your humidity try throwwing in some of those rock packs or gel packs that you get inside some merchandise, those will help on pulling the humidity out the air a bit.. good luck.. :aok:

i will need alot of them. they small like a nickle.

a box of arm and hammer will work the same way in a grow ;) but 50% humidity isnt much to worry about IMO/E your buds will be just fine :cool2: like said prior anyting above 75% and you need to start watching for molds.The dry ice is a cheap way to get CO2 into grows, but its only effective for very small grows, or in high quantitys :rofl:

you can also use the salt they use to melt sidewalks with when it snowes, put a bunch of those in a panty hose and lay it on the floor..:aok:

will the dry ice method work with 10 plants. I have a ebb n flow 4x4 i believe i need to go measure it.

Latest posts

Back