Duel Lights>>>

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

czz

Reaction score
Ok im about to start a new crop, im hoping to get bigger and better nugs each time....

so i have a 400w mh that can convert to a 400w hps
with this i added 4, 250 led panles that mesure 12in square
the leds are red and blue. for every 2 rows of red is one row of blue

would this help the buds with more side light or should i keep the hps and led on seperate grow stations..

thanks for the imput

Eh man i use all of that. I got a 175 mh,70 watt hps,4' flouros and 2 cfl's on two plants. It wont hurt, the more lumens the better. Oh yeah i got a l.e.d. board too.

Reactions: czz
yea i'll post some pics soon it the purps

Using the lights you described, I would put them together in one application since your goal is hard dense nuggets. One 400HPS is not good enough to really produce anything hard or dense, most of you stuff will be fluffy and whispy. If you want better qaulity combine those light sources. If you want quantity and dont care about quality, seperate them and grow more plants.

Hope that helps,
Jack Diesel

Edit: PCDuck is correct, however there is no way you are going to get any good number of lumens out of a 400HPS by itself. You will grow nothing dense with it. The lumen output on those lamps is just not powerful enough. Perhaps if you devoted the entire light to one or two plants that were only 2-3 feet tall and were strains that long flowering times, perhaps. But you will get nothing fat or dense under a 400HPS in my opinion. I used one for a long time, just not enough strength. Now you can get crazy with hoods and reflector upgrades but why bother, just get the bigger lamp and cover more area with enough lumens (3,000 to 5,000 per square foot)

If you have the proper amount of lumens per/sqft for your grow room size, you will produce hard dense buds. Only when your lumens fall below the accepted level of intensity will your buds become fluffy and whispy. That is true with any size wattage of bulbs. IME

Latest posts

Back