Dumb Clone Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tankdogster

Reaction score
I think I know the answer but I don't want to kill any baby's without asking. I sprouted a real nice plant from a seed I found in a bag of real nice bud my friend sent me from Alaska. I got some clones from this nice looking plant and then three weeks later it was clear that it was a male :( Now the clones look real nice for little plants but my question is Are these clones definitely genetic copy's of the first male? Is there any chance they could turn out to be female? If not then I must do the right but difficult thing and pull the plug on them. :( :confused:

Why would he give you clones of a male? anyway they will definitly be a male, hey can someone answer this question for me while we're on the topic: Can a male plant turn hermaphrodite or only females?

iClown said:
Why would he give you clones of a male? anyway they will definitly be a male, hey can someone answer this question for me while we're on the topic: Can a male plant turn hermaphrodite or only females?
It was a bag seed I germed. The plant looked good so I took some cuttings before I put "it" in flower room. I cloned the male on accident. They are just starting to root but they have no future :(

tankdogster said:
It was a bag seed I germed. The plant looked good so I took some cuttings before I put "it" in flower room. I cloned the male on accident. They are just starting to root but they have no future :(

BTW i caught dad early and removed from my flower room way before any damage.

iClown said:
Can a male plant turn hermaphrodite or only females?

Well i had what started to look like male,,,no signs of white hairs at all so i left it a few days just to make sure ,,yes it was definatly balls but with an added addition of 2 white hairs :eek: so imo yes ,a male can ,,but im sure some wont agree :giggle:

What would be the best way to try to "shock" these boys to hermi or fem?

Mixed up light schedule, stress basically.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What would be the best way to try to "shock" these boys to hermi or fem?

why would you want them to hermie ???

They are male plants you can not do anything to them to change that kill them unless you want some pollen. If that is so then build a isolation chamber.

Got it. They are gone. Oh well I still have Super Skunk growing from clone to harvest. I was hoping to find another strain for my rotation without buying beans. Thanks everybody. Green Mojo to ya all :)

Good luck on the Super Skunk tell us how it g(r)o(w)s.

Latest posts

Back