dwc bucket system

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ob1kinsmokey said:
yes you would be puting shame to your setup and wasting alot of time and nutes. 1 dual output from the pet store cant efficiently handle 6 buckets.

you should check out that link i posted on hydroempire.com

their pumps are grade A, made for hydro, and inexpensive. honeslty, i know what you mean when you see money flying in every direction. but good equipment is well worth it. and your air pumps should come before anything especially with DWC.

you could always use less buckets for your first op, and then scrape your ends together at a later date to get the rest running.

but if you run all 6 with weak airflow you risk all your girls- rather than just running 2-4 buckets and harvesting a modest crop. you know what i mean?

its all about efficiency- whatever the hell it is you got make it efficient.

in your case you only got a couple bucks left. so your efficiency will be in using a smaller system. i think its about $60 for an 8 outlet heavy duty pump. - that would be extremely efficient for 4 buckets running on max cap.

so i dont know, what do you think

ok im starting to get everything down... you dont think that a 60 buk 8 outlet pump would supply my 8 tomatoe plants??? its just i wouldnt want to grow just 4 plants with a 1000 hps light. ... so your saying i would need 2 8 outlets for my system??? keep it re4lz

ob1kinsmokey said:
yes you would be puting shame to your setup and wasting alot of time and nutes. 1 dual output from the pet store cant efficiently handle 6 buckets.

you should check out that link i posted on hydroempire.com

their pumps are grade A, made for hydro, and inexpensive. honeslty, i know what you mean when you see money flying in every direction. but good equipment is well worth it. and your air pumps should come before anything especially with DWC.

you could always use less buckets for your first op, and then scrape your ends together at a later date to get the rest running.

but if you run all 6 with weak airflow you risk all your girls- rather than just running 2-4 buckets and harvesting a modest crop. you know what i mean?

its all about efficiency- whatever the hell it is you got make it efficient.

in your case you only got a couple bucks left. so your efficiency will be in using a smaller system. i think its about $60 for an 8 outlet heavy duty pump. - that would be extremely efficient for 4 buckets running on max cap.

so i dont know, what do you think

ok im starting to get everything down... you dont think that a 60 buk 8 outlet pump would supply my 8 tomatoe plants??? its just i wouldnt want to grow just 4 plants with a 1000 hps light(it feels like a waste :( ). ... so your saying i would need 2 8 outlets for my system??? keep it re4lz

I am using the Caddy (self contained turn key system which costs too much money!)... it claims to grow up to 14 plants... I would say four is the max in reality. It is a DWC system with bubblers. I change the water once a week until the pH gets settled (usually 3-4 weeks) then once twice a week. When I first started the first thing I did was throw out the air stone and buy a 12" strip (you can get at any pet store)... I could immediately see a huge difference, the roots love it. When everything is dry you can glue the stick down with some silicone or goo if need be, mine stays down fine. Good luck on your grow ~ Rav :peace:

ghetto-

for pretty much max efficiency you would need 1, 8 outlet pump, and 1, 4 outlet pump for 6 buckets. or any comba of pumps, doesnt matter- just 2 seperate lines per bucket

you could put an 8 outlet pump to 6 buckets- but you will most likely have problems and i would seriously doubt you will yield any more than you would with 4 efficient buckets.

you want 2 seperate tubes going to each bucket. so with an 8 outlet pump and 4 buckets, you could do that- and with good phenos (good plants) and a 1000w light, you can pull alot. JUST as much as you would pull with 6 inefficient bucket setups- only the quality of buds would most likely be less becuz of problems with inefficiency

haha good sht rav. i use my pps (personal perpetual system) DWC.

i have 1 mother, 1 vegging, and my diy cloner in my veg room. and 1 flowering in my flower room. 3 buckets all together- and i pull about 10-12 oz's dry every 3-4 weeks with my strain beign critical mass (yields alot).

i only have 1 400w in my veg and 1 400w in my flowering.

yea they have the round stick ones at the pet store that put out very even distribution. but i never liked the idea of synthetics (pastes, and goos, etc) in my buckets, so i just stayed away.

i change my water twice through one full cycle. -or more if i see that i need to.

efficiency is everything eh. :)

but you see ghettodreamz- working with 4 buckets and good genetics will still get you some fairly good success- you just need to be efficient with whatever it is that you have.

so unless you could come up on enough air for all 6 buckets- i would personally suggest going with just 4. better bud, and less problems.

Latest posts

Back