dwc pump help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would use two air stones, since the air will pass through a larger area of water (more oxygenation).

:)

More is better but one will work fine. The small stones seem to work just as well as the big ones for me. If you have one small pump use one stone. If you have a large pump with multi outlets use two.

i always use 2(as many as possible in theory tho), if ur pump has a "dimming dial", using two airstones will alow u to spread out less air pressure but make more air available, and allow u to keep ur pump running on a lower speed-

instead of on highspeed trying to compinsate for the lack of surface bubbelage- which is wat most peopl do never knowing that if u just keep that pump on medium speed u can spare YeaRs on the life of it.

its always the more air the better, but it is also about the surface coverage of bubbles, the more surface area u cover the more vigorously your roots will grow (which isnt Always desired but ideal) even if it is at the expense of air pressure. iMo i would get round airstones if ur using round 5g buckets- those ones u have tend to float around alot more, circular (5inch) ones are heavy and will stay put, same price.

ull be good either way tho bro, just always remember when first starting dwc, that ur plants can live on water and air for quite a while given those 2 things are both ubundant....so ALWAYS if in doubt, UnDerFeed. if u do that u will Never go wrong. i guarentee u will poor more dank on underfed plants than u will on overfed with dwc.

PeacE

Latest posts

Back