Eastern Australia First Grow Journal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey smoko! Long time no see. Awsome plants you have, I'm impressed! The ones on the sides have some very nice colas. Love the close ups :). Looks like it'll get you high that's for sure. Looks like a nice strain.

MeNtAlPaTiEnT said:
Hey smoko! Long time no see. Awsome plants you have, I'm impressed! The ones on the sides have some very nice colas. Love the close ups :). Looks like it'll get you high that's for sure. Looks like a nice strain.
Thanks matey, you're impressed? ... I'M impressed! ...lol

I'm awaiting delivery of a half decent magnifying glass to get a good look at the tric's. The one we have isn't brill and we're not seeing much, but obv don't want to go over the right time!!!

Yep, would hate for you to wait past the ripest period. It's a great idea to geta magnifying glass... I should look into getting one myself! How are the ladies doing? Do they still get out in the sun during the day? That would probably explain their nice top colas :).

MeNtAlPaTiEnT said:
Yep, would hate for you to wait past the ripest period. It's a great idea to geta magnifying glass... I should look into getting one myself! How are the ladies doing? Do they still get out in the sun during the day? That would probably explain their nice top colas :).
Yeah the boy knows what we're looking for so I have some confidence ... :)

We bought one magnifying glass, but it was only 10 odd X. Today I received a small so called 30x thing from eBay ($10AU from memory) which has a LED on it too, and it certainly zooms in more than the other.

I've managed to get a few shots from the new magnifyer, see what you reckon?

The ladies I think are fine, altho I woke to one almost toppling over this morn ...lol. They're all over the place now when there's a fair bit of wind outside, but they've got a watchfull eye on them ... :)

The weight of the cola's appears to be a bit top heavy, but guess this is normal.

Yeah they're getting a good 5 - 7 hours per day of sunlight. We've got temps around 24 - 26C at the mo, low humidity, and plenty of clear blue skies ... :)

The fan leaves are all dropping off, and I guess / hope this is normal ?!?!? ... but apart from that, as I say I think everything is goin ok.

They're getting 700mls of water every 3 days, and 1/4 strength Potash (post 88). We'll now move onto nutes every other feed, but not sure if we should go from 1/4 to a 1/3 or 1/2 strength.

Any advice most welcome ... :)

130520091522.jpg

130520091545.jpg

130520091546.jpg

Wow, looks like a yummy strain. Good close-up shots, very nice. Are the fan leaves going yellow or going brown and drying up and falling off? Near the bottom of the plant, leaves usually start to die and fall off. I'm no pro with nutes, so I'll leave that for someone more experienced to comment on :). Keep it up!

MeNtAlPaTiEnT said:
Wow, looks like a yummy strain. Good close-up shots, very nice. Are the fan leaves going yellow or going brown and drying up and falling off? Near the bottom of the plant, leaves usually start to die and fall off. I'm no pro with nutes, so I'll leave that for someone more experienced to comment on :). Keep it up!
Yeah we had 10 seeds to start. 8 came from a bag from our fav supplier, but altho to start we thought the 2 big sisters were the same strain. They don't smell the same! ...lol, and our no2 is a lot stronger smelling.

Yeah as usual I wasn't very clear ... :eek:

Ok, the leaves go yellow, then brown, then the shrivel and fall off on their own. The first were the bottom and they're working their way up it seems.

The plants have been getting watered every other day of recent, but they were watered yesterday and seem VERY dry already. I wonder if daily watering is needed now ?!?! My son says they seem to use it more when they're outside, but obvious I guess.

Ah, the leaves sounds like a natural tendancy of the MJ plant. Leaves always die off near the bottom and inside middle of the plant. Always happenes I believe. When you put the plants outside, I believe the sun dries up the soil much quicker than indoors. Plenty of growers water everyday, because the plant just likes to drink :).

MeNtAlPaTiEnT said:
Ah, the leaves sounds like a natural tendancy of the MJ plant. Leaves always die off near the bottom and inside middle of the plant. Always happenes I believe. When you put the plants outside, I believe the sun dries up the soil much quicker than indoors. Plenty of growers water everyday, because the plant just likes to drink :).
I was hoping it was a natural occurrance, seems it is! ... :)

Yeah I think these babies are really starting to drink so we better keep them fed aye! ... :)

Thanks

Just thought I'd add a few more pic's ... :)

Oh and talk about sod's law! The time when we could do with some serious sunshine, we've had flash flooding and heavy rain for a few days now. The only light they're all seeing is from the flouro's ... :( Still, gotta be better than dark clouds!

200520091572.jpg

200520091576.jpg

200520091594.jpg

200520091595.jpg

200520091596.jpg

200520091601.jpg

I watched a show on television that said that it’s was legal to grow marijuana in Austria, was that documentary wrong?

Austria or Australia? Looking excellent smoko, I'm really impressed by the amount of thc on those buds.

MeNtAlPaTiEnT said:
Austria or Australia? Looking excellent smoko, I'm really impressed by the amount of thc on those buds.
Well in certain states of AUSTRALIA, yes it's legal to grow MJ. For your own consumption of course! ... ;)

Thanks Mental, yeah I'll say it again, WE'RE impressed with the THC and the whole grow to be honest. Crossing fingers that we see some amber tric's soon ... yum yum I hope!

Incidently, the seeds that we used came from pot that was grown in South australia. One of the states that it's legal here. A friend who used to grow reckons the strain looks VERY much like 'White Rhino', and when I read up on WR it could almost fit! ... but who know's really!

Oh and prob worth mentioning. We should be taking arrival any day of a 250w hps kit ... :headbang2:

There's the 2 that are nearly done. One more that's looking better than them 2, and currently 3 weeks into flowering, and we've just germinated another 2 which we'll 48w flouro for veg and HPS em for flowering.

We get some lovely sunshine here, but we get some HEAVY rain and crap too. Too much agg with the plants in and out every day so we're gonna give the HPS a shot now we see we CAN actually grow MJ ... :)

All thanks to advice and research on here.

Thank you Marijuana Passion!

blondeboy said:
I watched a show on television that said that it’s was legal to grow marijuana in Austria, was that documentary wrong?
Google is your friend! ... ;)

Still not ripe huh? Looks like she's got some growing to do yet, which is a gooood thing.

250 W's! Whats the lumen count on one of those babies? I've been pondering a 400 watter.. but not really sure about what my bills might look like. I'm guessing a 250W hps would grow at least 2 ounces and above with no problem at all.

All the best! I'll be keepin an eye on this thread :).

MeNtAlPaTiEnT said:
Still not ripe huh? Looks like she's got some growing to do yet, which is a gooood thing.

250 W's! Whats the lumen count on one of those babies? I've been pondering a 400 watter.. but not really sure about what my bills might look like. I'm guessing a 250W hps would grow at least 2 ounces and above with no problem at all.

All the best! I'll be keepin an eye on this thread :).
Well no sign of any amber tric's let's say!

The company quote 29,500 lumens for the 250w. Yeah running costs are always an issue, but I'm currently using 3 x 48w + 4 x 18w so added up not a million miles off 250w and altho I've been impressed with flouro's, I hear a HPS is a totally diff ball game!

We'll see!

blondeboy said:
thats a looongg way away from Australia ;) yep as smoko said google that ! lookin good smoko ! :D glad you sorted that nute jam !

purplephazes said:
thats a looongg way away from Australia ;) yep as smoko said google that ! lookin good smoko ! :D glad you sorted that nute jam !
Thanks buddy ... :)

Yeah I think we've found decent nutes now for both veg and flower so all good.

Itching to get me hands on the HPS now tho!

HELP!!! ... MY NO2 PLANT KEEPS FALLING OVER!!

Ok, I've done the obvious and strung her up with cotton string, but it IS making me wonder why?

She's getting fed rain water and nutes every other day, and apart from the obvious, they look and smell fine. It's just the middle stem doesn't seem to be able to handle the weight ... :eek:

No sign of amber tric's tho!

I was just about to add the fact that apart from today, we've had 4 or 5 days of NO sunshine due to rain ... :(

I think I've just answered my own question ... lack of lumens at such an advanced stage!!!

HPS arrives tomorrow tho! ... :banana:

I'm sure they'll perk right up when they hear you opening the box containing your brand spanking new high pressure sodium, hah. I'll bet that hps will finish those plants off really nicely.

MeNtAlPaTiEnT said:
I'm sure they'll perk right up when they hear you opening the box containing your brand spanking new high pressure sodium, hah. I'll bet that hps will finish those plants off really nicely.
Well I hope they DO perk up as the 2 main ones are all over the place ...lol. The HPS arrived today and is in situ, but when we removed the plants and CFL's, I moved out out no2 (Right hand side) and it fell totally over! I mean it touched the floor! ... :eek:

Both no1 and no2 now are being aided by cotton string tied to the bar above, but hey it works! ... :)

We've moved all 3 together now and the bulb is about 14" away. The boy tells me a foot so we'll go easy to start.

Feels bloody hot tho! ... and there's another 2 PC fans on top of what you see in this pic. They're sitting over on the left so on the fan front I think we've got enough for circulation.

I'll try and grab a close up of the tric's and the buds, but for now just a pic of the new set up.

Oh and I don't know if this is known, but this space is basically a wardrobe. When not taking pics and stuff, there's a set of sliding doors which are a bright white on the inside ... ;) I say just in case anyone thinks they're kinda out in the open.

Anyway, a pic of the new setup including the 'reported' 29,500 lumen HPS ... :)

270520091639.jpg

Latest posts

Back