Eat a Peach

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Orcaman

Reaction score
One of the best things of living in Colorado is harvest season. Especially the Palisade peach. They just melt in your mouth and leave you with this great burst of energy. We just bought our first case to can. Problem is they are so good fresh. Going to have to get a second. :)

View attachment 207839

I was walkin through the "Farmers Market" over here on the eastern slope and saw a vendor with "Palisade" peaches. I HAD to have one.. cost me a buck, but was a dang good peach.
Brought back some memories.. When I was just a pup, Dad would load up the old 3/4 ton '66 chevy pickup with Rockyford melons and we'd haul em over to the western slope. Spend 3-4 days peddlin' them to markets 'n folks. Then take the $$ he made 'n go buy Peaches, pears, 'n such from the Grand Junction area and haul 'em back to this side to sell.
Nights spent sleepin under a canvas tarp at some 'wide spot' along side the road, hot days spent settin' alongside the road by a "FRESH PRODUCE" sign painted on a box lid. Eatin' so much of it you could **** through a straw :p
GOOD memories of a time long past

Dang Hick... you brought me back... and I wasn't even there!

I was able to have a slight hit of nostalgia through your words, it was bittersweet, but nice overall. Cheers! :aok:

Summer brings out the produce for everyone. I hate the heat, but luv the fruits. If I had to pick, I really crave and luv Rainier cherries.

Mangoes for me just getting all the stuff outa ya teeth makes me mad as hell.
fridge

It's great meeting some more members. fridge, nouvellechef, Dr. Green Fang. And very fun story Hick. Sounds like you must be a native. I am of 51 years. Boy things have changed here in Colorado! Happy fall Too All.:)

I have some washington grown white peaches on my counter waiting to ripen. Nothing like the first taste of summer, rainier cherries are soooo good, now the "stone" fruit, like nectarines and then on to the fresh tomatoes... I picked pears once, lasted a half a day...they were heavy, I was very young.

I think i am hungry, thanks for the thread. Hick, that was a very cool story, your dad like mine, made us the farmers we are today...;)

Orcaman said:
It's great meeting some more members. fridge, nouvellechef, Dr. Green Fang. And very fun story Hick. Sounds like you must be a native. I am of 51 years. Boy things have changed here in Colorado! Happy fall Too All.:)
57 years a native here in just a couple of weeks.. and "change"??? BOY HOWDEE!

Well thanks to the wife we canned our first round of peaches today. One more round of peaches and then we will can pears and tomato's. Just love this time of year. Happy growing All!

View attachment 207956

Ooh I want a jar....:icon_smile:

I had a peach earlier. It was just ok. I know yours were much better.

Thank You for the kind words SmokinMom, And nice to meet. Unfortunately we went back to get a second case today and all I can say is bummed. Not as nice, so we are waiting for the next round to come in at the end of the week. Then maybe I could let a jar go!:)

You have me wanting to hit up the farmers market. The produce there always blows the stuff at grocery stores away. Even if its a little more expensive, it's well worth the splurge.

I want a cantaloupe too...mmmmm...

Go for it if you have the buck. Your body will love you!:)

Good Week!

Latest posts

Back