ebay hid's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DieselNV

SOUR
Reaction score
i am looking at some 1000w hps on ebay. specifically the ones with the external ballast and air cooled reflector. are these quality lights or should i look elsewhere?

It depends -- some are, some aren't. When you shop on e-Bay, if you are thinking about buying from someone who has a normal, non-e-Bay store, be sure to check out that store's website. I bought my HPS from High Tech Garden Supply -- it is an enclosed reflector -- and I am extremely happy with it. Thing is, HTGS is a major e-Bay seller, but I was able to get my light from their website and after shipping the cost was about $25 cheaper than it would have been buying from their e-Bay listing.

this is the one

http://cgi.ebay.com/AIR-COOLED-1-00...6QQihZ008QQcategoryZ42225QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

i like the fittings on the reflector - can run some ducting through it straight out of the room. but i am not sure if an enclosed fixture reduces lumens to the plant? i am also looking at the same one without the "air cooled" feature for ~30 less. i am concerned with heat as my rooms are in my attic and already pretty hot. do you guys think just normal fan in + fan out would be sufficient or should i add a third with the sealed light??

dada: thanks! just went to their site and you're right, i would save about 50 bucks

ive been looking at them also, i think the prices are cool, they had a hydro wheel on there with a hid through the mid ima post the link

For my 2 cents ~ I use a 600 watter that is digital. Before hooking up the centrifugal fan, it would increase the room temps by 10 degrees, this with a big fan directed right on the bulb. A 1kw light in an attic that is already 80 degrees or more I think would be nuts.
Pipe dream....I think a really sweet attic grow would have two or more 600's (or 400's or 250's) with a major centrifugal fan pulling the air through them and out the window(carbon filter), and another strong inline fan pulling cool air up, maybe even up from the basement. 'This Old House' on location in Amsterdam, Norm talkin' gangta lingo and getting rides in a wheelbarrow...

bearfoot- its my "attic", but its been semi-finished, insulated, and i have A.C. capability. although it still gets very hot. my flower room is about 6'x'6 with a slanted ceiling thats about 6' at its peak, 5' at the soffit. think 600w is enough for a full garden?

Latest posts

Back