Ebb and Flow/Flood table growers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GrowinGreen

♥ ςticky icky
Reaction score
When/if I get a bigger place I really want to try a flood table set up. Out of all the hydro methods I think it would be the best.

Few questions...

What nutrients are you using for this system?

What do you do for salt build up?

Do you flush every so often?

Thanks mates

can this be moved to the hydroponics section, por favor?

GrowinGreen said:
When/if I get a bigger place I really want to try a flood table set up. Out of all the hydro methods I think it would be the best.

Few questions...

Thanks mates

You really don't have to have a "flood table" for an ebb and flow system. You can use one or more Rubbermaid tubs as grow chambers and you can configure them in almost any shape and size of area.

I use a 4 tub setup that fills a 3.5 x 5.5 ft room.

I use General Hydroponics Flora Series, 3 part nutrients.

There is no salt buildup in an ebb and flow system if you use the proper amount of nutrients.

The system flushes itself every time it floods. No additional flushing is needed, except between crops to clean out the entire system.

What nutrients are you using for this system? 3 part,flora-A.N.

What do you do for salt build up?not yet

Flush last week!

Good deal but I believe less powdery mildew with a drip system.

gotcha, thanks a lot

stoney- do you have a picture of your setup?

so salt build up is just too much of some nutrients that the plant can't take up, right?

Few questions...

GH Floranova Grow and Bloom

Clean and refill res every 10 days with minimal top offs or ph adjustments, hardly any, but i use ro water.

Not really any need to until the final flush.

Thanks mates

i dont know, ask a mod

GrowinGreen said:
gotcha, thanks a lot

stoney- do you have a picture of your setup?

so salt build up is just too much of some nutrients that the plant can't take up, right?
Sorry man, my setup is shown on a few gardening sites with my real name. I can't put it on here. Too easy for Johnny Law to do his thing.

"Salt" isn't referring to table salt. It's a term used to mean any mineral leftovers like the dried powder you'd see if you evaporated some of your nutrients. That powder is a "salt".

If nutrients are mixed correctly in an ebb and flow system, and fresh mixed nutrient water is added into the reservoir, not by pouring over the top of the media, then a salt buildup is unlikely. In more than 25 years of using ebb and flow, I've never had that problem.

Latest posts

Back