ebb flo set questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dr pyro

member #123456789
Reaction score
i'm going to try hydro and i need some opinions. i see alot of people use the flood tables. i was looking at the one that has the 55 gal drum with 12-2 gal pots expandable. is one type of system better or just preference.the room i have is 5x8 with 2-600 2-400 hps.my height is limitied to 6 ft.

Go with that system, i just decided to do that instead of the typical ebb/flow system. With this system you can get the plant closer to the ground therefor allowing more room to grow. also try to find a system that has 5 gallon pots

somethings that i did not like is the multiple pumps required and extra moving parts (more **** to break.) the fact that cleaning 12 buckets is gonna suck

If you have extra cash i would say run dual 600 watt hps/mh lights that way you dont have to change out the lights and your veg period would drop slightly. Or you could sell the 6's and buy 2 1ks (thats what i have)

I think most all types of systems are on a personal prefrence basis. So long as your plants get plenty of space for their roots to grow, tons of light and a good mix of nutrients your girls will grow to the ceiling. The key is which system is best suited to your grow room and your schedule

i run a couple flood tables, they are the best way to go imo, very easy, and low maintenance.

That setyp you are talking about would def be more of a pain.

ya thats the one. i currently have a veg room but the room i listed was flower. i'm an electrician so ballasts are easy and cheap at least the magnetic ones.as far as tables how high is yours jb. height is my only issue cleaning them not to big of a deal to me anyway.

dr pyro said:
ya thats the one. i currently have a veg room but the room i listed was flower. i'm an electrician so ballasts are easy and cheap at least the magnetic ones.as far as tables how high is yours jb. height is my only issue cleaning them not to big of a deal to me anyway.

If height is your main concern than i dont see any other option for you. the flow system work great.. if your ceilings are 8ft and above

my table is about 2 1/2 feet off the ground if that, just enough to keep my drain and fill fittings higher than the reservoir so it doesnt flood.

JB, how much height does that give you for plants? how tall is your tent?

thanks jb i'l have to surf around to see what i want now

JB, i just entered flowering on the grow you helped me on a while ago. i didnt want to rob this guys thread so i was going to pm you but your box is full. i'm quickly learning how much work watering all these things are. this has made me consider hydro more seriously for next time around. but i dont know if it is feasible for me. can an ebb and flow set up be contained within a closet? also, with the pumps and filtration and stuff about how much power does it add? i'm already going to be close to the 1440W mark on my 15A circuit running a 600W hps and 400W mh in the same closet. for 6 hours both set ups have to be on if one is 18/6 and one is 12/12, so since 680W+460W=1140W, that only leaves me 300W on the circuit 2 100W and 2 50W fans would fill that. i would like to not have to get power from a different circuit since both tents will be in a walk-in closet. and exactly what "chores" go along with having a hydro set-up? thanks again.

My system sounds identical to Jbonez. You have to put your plants into flower earlier but can easily compensate with more plants. I clone from one healthe female and run 9-16 smaller plants.

ross - a res system does remove the troubles of watering but requires pumps to run it. A system can be built to fit any space, I veg in one made of 2 rubermade tubs. Biggest hassel is cleaning it occasionally, but you can also flush in half the time. Besides, then there are more toys to play with.:hubba:

thanks TF, the only thing electrical are the pumps right? how much power do they use?

the pumps (air and water) imo, use a negligible amount of power, under 100w for everything, that includes both my flood setups. i dont even think i use that much really, maybe 50w at best.

ross don't mind at all.some good info here

ok i'm gonna go with the buckets. got all nutes ready just waiting to setup. some more questions though shoulg i put some clones in 1.5 x1.5 rockwool to get started then bury it in hydroton? also how often should nutes be added weeekly ,daily.also do you flood during the dark cycle if so how often.i have read that during day should be 1 hr on 2 off. i went back like 10 pages inthe hydro section to only find vague answers.any help is appreciated

Latest posts

Back