Fast Question...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PsyJiM

Yiiiiha
Reaction score
Hi Y'all

My HPS dry the water too fast...and i use my nutrients in every watering...
i have to water every 30-40 hours... is that right ? I have think i should fert every 2 waterings ? The nutrient bottle writes:Use with every watering.

Thanks ..~!!~

PJ

PsyJiM said:
Hi Y'all

My HPS dry the water too fast...and i use my nutrients in every watering...
i have to water every 30-40 hours... is that right ? I have think i should fert every 2 waterings ? The nutrient bottle writes:Use with every watering.

Thanks ..~!!~

PJ

Need quite a bit more info for this one. Be more specific of exactly what you have, kind of nutes, soil, pot size, the amount of water you are using, etc..... Kind of sounds like to me you might not be watering enough each time. Do you water till you see run off coming out the drain holes? If not, try that first. If it's not that then more info is needed. I was watering scared at first but if you have proper drainage there should be no worries and you can water good every 3-4 days.

I find that my girls can be very thirsty, my hydro I pump 3-4 gallons each morning, they are in week 6 of bloom. My clones in soil need water about 30 hours and they are under florescent lights at an average temp of 70 deg.

I use all mix soil from biobizz with a little boost of perlite (+5% not much..)
I water each plant 250-350 ml per watering...
and nop.. water is not going out from the holes..
hmm pot size ? i dont know men i think is 10 lt :/ but im not sure!
My nutes are all from biobizz its 100% organic.

When you water you want to see at least 10% drainage to give them the appropriate watering that way you can check ph runoff and wont be using the nutes as often if you dont need to. Hope this helps. got pics, how old?

water them until water comes out the bottom, evry 40 hours is not to often thats every 2 days, thats no big deal.

Thankz guys .. ill do that..i think water will stay more in the grow medium if i water more.. maybe is that jackson1 say ..maybe im scared of overwatering

PsyJiM said:
I use all mix soil from biobizz with a little boost of perlite (+5% not much..)
I water each plant 250-350 ml per watering...
and nop.. water is not going out from the holes..
hmm pot size ? i dont know men i think is 10 lt :/ but im not sure!
My nutes are all from biobizz its 100% organic.

Need way more water/watering. A 10Lt pot, at least a liter or 2.

Pick up the dry pot, remember the weight. Then water it REALLY well, 10-30% runoff. Pick up the pot and check the weight. Don't water till the pot approaches the dry weight, closely.

Little 'sips' of water just don't get it. It will not saturate the medium evenly and causes problems with dry spots. Always water to runoff, even with nutes.

Totally saturate the medium and let dry before saturating again. Your girls will thank you.:hubba:

DD

You're going to have to slolw that question down, I can't read that fast.

Heavy watering to runoff (leaching), isn't over watering.

Watering too often and not letting the medium dry out (keeping it soggy), is over watering and a bad thing.

Learn to go by the weight of the pots, it's the most reliable.

Same size pot, same size plant, same medium. Outside, in high summer, I may have to water every day. In the middle of winter, inside, it may be once a week.

There is no set schedule, it's as the plant needs it.

DD

I water until runoff and then let it sit 30 minutes, it usually sucks some of the runoff back up.

Yup, I water just like frogman, when the top 2-3 inches is DRY.

Take care,
T-rex #72

Droopy Dog said:
Heavy watering to runoff (leaching), isn't over watering.

Watering too often and not letting the medium dry out (keeping it soggy), is over watering and a bad thing.

Learn to go by the weight of the pots, it's the most reliable.

Same size pot, same size plant, same medium. Outside, in high summer, I may have to water every day. In the middle of winter, inside, it may be once a week.

There is no set schedule, it's as the plant needs it.

DD

:ccc: cool

I'd be carefull about feeding them everytime you water. They would want you to use it every time that way you use it up quicker and have to buy more. I usually feed once a week and i never feed when the soil is "dry" i at least give it some plain water to wet the medium a big first.

lol man i just follow the program..the only mistake i do its i dont water enough :) but i fix it now :p

When I first started this I used Hippy's formula: 20% of the pot size until you and the plant get to know each other.

Latest posts

Back