Favorite Outdoor Sativa?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

key2life

Reaction score
I got no bites on my Q about Chupacabra, so what are everyone's favorite outdoor Sativas to grow? I'd like to try one this season, for sure.

I live in a pretty high temp / very high humidity area - Zone 8A in the US.

I don't guess size is that big a concern, unless it gets to 9' or something! :D

Thanks in advance! :farm:

:icon_smile: key :icon_smile:

I have grown Durban Poison outside that I liked. Big buds, big yields.

This year I may try some Thai Lights.

PCD - Did you train the Durban Poison or just let it grow?

I've been thinking about that one, too - along with the Chupacabra.

Thanks!

Topped it a few times to get bushy but that is all.

If I feel they are getting to tall, 8+ feet, I just grab the top and bend her over then tie her down

We're still talking about Durban Poison, right? :D

Right on. :D

Outdoor sativa sounds good to me! I need to try it this year.

Thanks, PCD!

Hiya Key ;)

My zone in Australia is equivalent to Florida @ 13.5 hrs long at the Summer solstice .

And is also considered to be semi tropical.

This summer has been a real PITA regarding certain mold types but the main issue is budrot and i have NO budrot with 2 weeks to go ! :)

Hey and Rockster is a member here as well ;)

So can i recommend Rocksters Cheese for you they are 60/40 sativa doms ...
"kaliman stock"

I have had plenty of problems regarding 110-120f temps and Humidity was stable at 94% for at least 1 month .;)

But as we know they are still growing nicely in the Greenhouse :D
Just a thought Key ;)

Good luck and keep an eye out for a nice "kush X" :icon_smile:

Hey, THC! :48:

Yeah, your plants look amazing! I think I was looking for something more sativa dominant - as the Rockster's Cheese is 60/40. Have you smoked any yet? What's it like?

The only time I was in Australia it was late January, and was hot a blazes, as I remember. I learned what the old saying about "mad dogs and Englishmen" meant that week. :D

I'm probably a Zone and a half more temperate than where you are. I can't imagine growing in temps that high. We lock into the mid to high 90's F here for months, but 110-120? No way! I need to get back over to your thread and see what you have going on.

Later! :smoke1:

key

Check out Seedsman seeds Swazi Skunk.Pretty much pure sativa,can get tall but responds very well to training.Easy to grow,light feeder,nice sticky,stinky buds.And clones really easily too.Pack of seeds won't break the bank either!

Thanx, oldsman! :smoke1: Looks sweet!

Keep 'em comin', MPers - I appreciate your knowledge!

peace,

Latest posts

Back