Feds Target Calif Pot Dispensaries

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, you seem a bit outside my news area....Detroitish?

They had announced that all dispensaries were illegal here in MI, not sure whatever came of that though. Maybe it was just grumblings or something, but the dozen or so around me are still active.

Roddy said:
Yeah, you seem a bit outside my news area....Detroitish?

They had announced that all dispensaries were illegal here in MI, not sure whatever came of that though. Maybe it was just grumblings or something, but the dozen or so around me are still active.

Father was an Up'er

Still have property there and in North Central MI. Have friends in Western MI. I am now across the border.

NorCalHal said:
It's nice to know you went back home New Girl and got the heck out of my state, as we don't need any more federal sympathisers.
Lets call your thinking what it is....conservitive.
What you call abuse I call our rights as American citizens.

Too late also, Cali is leading the way...again.

So I suppose you saw legit grows huh? I am sure your "friends" here are following the letter of the law and growing for personal use.....

Maybe, if you were awake, you saw a small part of a huge industry that has no Federal guidelines in place and in fact, an Industry that is allowed under State Law but is completely illegal under Federal law.

That is what this is about, not your personal conservitive veiw of what you think is right and wrong.

This is about forcing the Feds to react, be it to imprision folks or change thier policy. Maybe if you get your way, we can all go to jail. Makes me ill.

Hal it's always about you being right and the rest of us are wrong. You continually put people down to to make your point. Frankly I see you say the same crap making Cali the all mighty. Other states passed med laws for a reason. Med mj actually works for many, just because you are a stoner and brag how you guys get med cards for even a hangnail is also the same reason other states are having problems getting Med mj laws that are reasonable. You call me clueless, conservative and many other things to feed your ego and only confirm to others your insecurity.

What my friends do is none of your business in their grows...period. I do know I'm welcome back and they loved some ideas I "shared" with them. I didn't preach to them like you but offered them some ideas for inspection.

If you go to jail don't drop the soap... well maybe yes for you. I am on a forum stating my view, this is what this is about, not Hal's forum but everyones... conservative, liberal, radical or whatever but stop judging us. I'm done ever talking to you as it's a waste of time, you just see your view always and don't "see" anything else and enjoy putting people down. You gave me a bad rep and called me clueless just because I told a brand new person he had a good first post. I was trying to make him feel welcome but big bad Hal had to straighten that out. If your ego gets any bigger you'll have to move to another planet.

Go ahead and slam me all you want now because you're dead in my book... and I'm sure MANY here share my view.

getnasty said:
Hal,

How do you think the fight for completely legalizing marijuana, on both the state and federal fronts, is going to go in the future, if the dispensary owners and prescribing physicians can't follow the regulations put in place before them? That makes you proud? Why would it make you proud when it is harming our progress in turning around the assbackwards legalities concerning marijuana in our nation? I am in 100% agreement with you that we should not be prohibited in smoking the herb from a plant that grows out of the ground from a seed, much like we are not prohibited to drink alcohol. But, my friend, being proud of these peoples' blatant disregard for following rules and regulations isn't right, in my opinion It is only proving to the federal government that legalizing it would create more problems than it would solve. And that's exactly why the feds are cracking down on marijuana dispensaries in Cali - as I see it, anyways. While Cali may be "fighting for our rights," those few dispensaries and physicians are counterproductive in that fight. Get rid of them.

-nasty

:yeahthat:

Hick said:
I've about had a bellyfull of the insolence myself. I'm sick of your "I'm fighting for your rights" bull crap. Tired of your "we're better" attitude as well. If you can't talk without degrading and insults, just "don't"...
Cali is and has been at the forefront of the fight against prohibition. THAT doesn't make them 'right', our 'savior', or a 'model' program. It has certainly caused as much harm as it has 'good' for other states.

Thanks Hick, nail meet hammer...

Herm said:
NorCalHal maybe if you didn't constantly come across as a berating ******* people would listen to you. If you are any example of what the cali medical scene is like I am glad you are on the other side of the country from me. I think you also also vastly over estimate peoples resolve if the feds start handing out 60 year prison terms. You dont get a 2nd go round at life and I dont know anyone who wants to sit in a cell for any cause.

Ditto

Roddy said:
I didn't say there was much you could do, save maybe act responsibly as it sounds you are. Maybe encourage responsible actions through positive marketing, discourage irresponsible actions by denouncing the shifty docs and dispensaries....

This is where you and I differ greatly. IMO, there are no shifty docs.
Shifty dispensaries....yes.

In my State, a Doctor can write a MMJ rec for any reason he/she see's fit.
Again, any reason.

Explain to me why that is a bad thing?

Belive it or not, but some doctors actually smoke weed. Some are true Stoners. They are actually activists as well. They know they have the power to "Free" folks from State LEO. So, some choose to do just that. They will give a rec to anyone over the age of 18, for any reason. There were given this authority by the Voters and passage of Cali's Prop 215. I can quote the exact text if you like.

I think that is the greatest thing ever.

Why do you think we need to restrict who can and cannot have a rec? Shouldn't everyone be protected? Wouldn't you want your fellow Michaganders to have protection, or do you want to pick and choose?

Don't get me wrong, I see plenty of foolish youngsters touting thier card. Those same foolish youngsters will get into trouble on thier own, they don't need weed to be the cause. They too should not go to jail for weed too.

The New Girl said:
Hal it's always about you being right and the rest of us are wrong. You continually put people down to to make your point. Frankly I see you say the same crap making Cali the all mighty. Other states passed med laws for a reason. Med mj actually works for many, just because you are a stoner and brag how you guys get med cards for even a hangnail is also the same reason other states are having problems getting Med mj laws that are reasonable. You call me clueless, conservative and many other things to feed your ego and only confirm to others your insecurity.

What my friends do is none of your business in their grows...period. I do know I'm welcome back and they loved some ideas I "shared" with them. I didn't preach to them like you but offered them some ideas for inspection.

If you go to jail don't drop the soap... well maybe yes for you. I am on a forum stating my view, this is what this is about, not Hal's forum but everyones... conservative, liberal, radical or whatever but stop judging us. I'm done ever talking to you as it's a waste of time, you just see your view always and don't "see" anything else and enjoy putting people down. You gave me a bad rep and called me clueless just because I told a brand new person he had a good first post. I was trying to make him feel welcome but big bad Hal had to straighten that out. If your ego gets any bigger you'll have to move to another planet.

Go ahead and slam me all you want now because you're dead in my book... and I'm sure MANY here share my view.

Easy way out of a debate. Everytime a Cali newsposts comes up, you gotta chime in and slam my State.

The New Girl said:
Let's call a spade a spade. Cali is no role model for med mj. They have abused it to death. I was out there two weeks ago and the 2nd disp I went into let me buy. The next day I went to a Cali doc and I now how a valid Cali med card, with no id or proof of living there. It is a sham there, let's face it... and it's such a joke I can see why it pees off the Feds. The doc I saw was a quack from a soap opera. His last statement was "Now young lady, marijuana is not a cure all." YES SIR! You can't defend stupid, well except some folks in northern Cali - which I did get to visit BTW, saw some grows and a trim session... I do have a connection there Hal... and I'm certainly not clueless as you might want to believe.

I had to go back and see where this thread went wrong, and here is the post.

Look for yourselves man, it was all good until she has to post this up and attacks me...again.

Why ruin an otherwise great thread.? We understand honey, you don't like Cali but it was cool to get a card while you were here and then post up what a joke it was. MAybe if folks didn't abuse the system like you did we wouldn't have the problem in the first place. Now that's funny. I love irony.

Thanks though for adding to my States coffers.

So please, stop making personal attacks and contribute intelligently to the conversation.

NorCalHal said:
This is where you and I differ greatly. IMO, there are no shifty docs.
Shifty dispensaries....yes.

In my State, a Doctor can write a MMJ rec for any reason he/she see's fit.
Again, any reason.

Explain to me why that is a bad thing?

Belive it or not, but some doctors actually smoke weed. Some are true Stoners. They are actually activists as well. They know they have the power to "Free" folks from State LEO. So, some choose to do just that. They will give a rec to anyone over the age of 18, for any reason. There were given this authority by the Voters and passage of Cali's Prop 215. I can quote the exact text if you like.

I think that is the greatest thing ever.

Why do you think we need to restrict who can and cannot have a rec? Shouldn't everyone be protected? Wouldn't you want your fellow Michaganders to have protection, or do you want to pick and choose?

Don't get me wrong, I see plenty of foolish youngsters touting thier card. Those same foolish youngsters will get into trouble on thier own, they don't need weed to be the cause. They too should not go to jail for weed too.

Hal, these aren't my words. What makes you think "I" want this restriction, Hal? Do you not understand what I am saying? And Hal, it's a MEDICAL PRESCRIPTION, should there not at least be a reason for the prescription, or do you feel it should be OK for morphine and OXY to be freely handed out as well?

NorCalHal said:
I had to go back and see where this thread went wrong, and here is the post.

Look for yourselves man, it was all good until she has to post this up and attacks me...again.

Why ruin an otherwise great thread.? We understand honey, you don't like Cali but it was cool to get a card while you were here and then post up what a joke it was. MAybe if folks didn't abuse the system like you did we wouldn't have the problem in the first place. Now that's funny. I love irony.

Thanks though for adding to my States coffers.

So please, stop making personal attacks and contribute intelligently to the conversation.

I'm a bit stoned after the Lions MNF game, but can you point out where she attacks you?

Roddy said:
Hal, these aren't my words. What makes you think "I" want this restriction, Hal? Do you not understand what I am saying? And Hal, it's a MEDICAL PRESCRIPTION, should there not at least be a reason for the prescription, or do you feel it should be OK for morphine and OXY to be freely handed out as well?

I too am pretty stoned bro...lol

Maybe that is where we differ man, we do not have "Medical Prescriptions", we have Medical Recomendations.
Lets not compare herb to Oxy man.....

Basically ya, I think it is cool for a Doctor to say "Hey, Thre is nothing wrong with smoking herb, so ya, any reason is a good reason.

I know it ain't legal man, but this is the closest thing we are going to get for a long time.

Roddy said:
I'm a bit stoned after the Lions MNF game, but can you point out where she attacks you?

cmon meow, she stabs me in her last line, basically stating that the doctor set up was stupid and I defend it, least that's what I took out of it.

But Hal, this is what the doctors are supposed to be prescribing MMJ for, instead of the oxy and morphine. It's to relieve pain, and that's what those are prescribed for...right?

Of course, it's also good for certain mental conditions which are fought with much stronger drugs yet....and MMJ is helping instead. Truly, there's several uses that a dr operating properly could easily discuss with and verify before just handing the prescription out.

Recommendation...prescription...one and same in my opinion.

And no, I don't see that as a personal attack...

Man, so close but so far away we are.

Yes, I understand completley that MMJ does help folks with serious issues that allow them to stop taking heavier drugs. That is a great thing.

But I believe, as well as many doctors and citizens, that MJ itself is harmless and should be legal.

So, with that said, Doctors that believe in legalization freely hand out recs to anyone for any reason. So, not only does the Seriously sick person get to smoke herb, everyone ELSE over the age of 18 gets to also.

How can this be bad to a fellow stoner/grower? Help me understand.

All I get is that because we seem" loose" to other States, we are the ones out of control and need to change.

I on the other hand think you all need to catch up.

What this thread was about was The Feds coming in and beating up the movement again. It has nothing to do with who is running legit and who isn't, it's just the fact that it is still Illegal under Federal law.

They hate us for freeing the herb, plain and simple. It is so common place that visitors from other States are coming here for Stoner Vactions, touring Grow sights and getting Doctor Recs allowing them to freely purchase and consume MJ. The new Amsterdam.

Of course they have to do something in fear other states might follow.

roddy---recommendations are made by doc's here for many more ailments than those related to relentless pain---stress, insomnia, menstration, etc...to name a few---kinda funny that you from another state jumped from medical marijuana to morphine---that was an interesting leap---watch out for big farma man---this whole thing needs to get cut loose on our terms---

NorCalHal said:

Yes, I understand completley that MMJ does help folks with serious issues that allow them to stop taking heavier drugs. That is a great thing.

But I believe, as well as many doctors and citizens, that MJ itself is harmless and should be legal.

So, with that said, Doctors that believe in legalization freely hand out recs to anyone for any reason. So, not only does the Seriously sick person get to smoke herb, everyone ELSE over the age of 18 gets to also.

All I get is that because we seem" loose" to other States, we are the ones out of control and need to change.

What this thread was about was The Feds coming in and beating up the movement again. It has nothing to do with who is running legit and who isn't, it's just the fact that it is still Illegal under Federal law.

They hate us for freeing the herb, plain and simple. It is so common place that visitors from other States are coming here for Stoner Vactions, touring Grow sights and getting Doctor Recs allowing them to freely purchase and consume MJ. The new Amsterdam.

Hal, because to do so is ILLEGAL. MJ is not legal for recreational use, only MEDICAL.

orangesunshine said:
roddy---recommendations are made by doc's here for many more ailments than those related to relentless pain---stress, insomnia, menstration, etc...to name a few---kinda funny that you from another state jumped from medical marijuana to morphine---that was an interesting leap---watch out for big farma man---this whole thing needs to get cut loose on our terms---

I see absolutely no leap. I also realize MMJ is prescribed for more than serious pain, and understand it replaces the prescriptions given for these problems as well...IE, it's prescribed. I think most of can agree (as Hal already has twice lol) that this system is being abused.

NorCalHal said:

And I believe here is the problem. You blast New Girl for saying this happens, you tell us the dr's don't abuse the system, then you boast that people are making Cali a vacation destination merely for the smoke. You say the dispensaries aren't breaking the laws, yet it's been reported both on the news, in news articles and here that dispensaries are very loose with who gets to buy.

And yet, you feel you're following the laws and this govt crackdown is merely political...ouch!

Hal, surely you see the dr's are abusing the system at the very least by handing out cards to out-of-state visitors...even if not any other way, don't you?

Roddy said:
Hal, because to do so is ILLEGAL. MJ is not legal for recreational use, only MEDICAL.

You just don't get it man.

It is not Illegal for a Cali doc to rec MMJ to anyone for any reason, how is it Illegal, maybe in your State, but not mine. How do you not understand this??

Dr's are not abusing the system bro, thry are usuing the system to the movements advantage. If they were doing it Illegally, WHY DOESN'T THE STATE SHUT THEM DOWN?

'Cause it ain't Illegal State wise, only Federal.

What if you could only get a Rec from a Chrioprator, would that make you feel better?

Roddy said:
Hal, surely you see the dr's are abusing the system at the very least by handing out cards to out-of-state visitors...even if not any other way, don't you?

No. Heck no.

I am baffled at how you are against people getting State legal to smoke and cultivate on a Marijuana Forum, for any reason. You must not be a lifelong stoner is my guess. I think I read on some post that you just started smokin' when MI allowed MMJ, correct me if I'm wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back