feels good to be growing again

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i tought that nl was some what like a kush are something short fat leaves
a short and bushy pure indca

Sin inc said:
i tought that nl was some what like a kush are something short fat leaves
a short and bushy pure indca

here's the best description of NL history i could find.

hxxp://www.seedsman.com/en/origins-of-northern-lights/

ok.... well iguess that clears it up some. so i guess theres no pure nl out there any more huh...?

dont think so. i think most seedbanks today just try to get their hands on NL #5. cross it with a strain that produces similar and/or favorable characteristics, and calls it their own.

either way this is all irrelevant in my situation. if the plants produce some dank i'm happy. if not, i'll have gained the experience of growing this strain. either way, this particular strain doesn't fit my current growing situation. so it will not be kept in the rotation. UNLESS it produces some serious dank. then i think i'll keep it around & try to scrog it to keep the height problems in check.

ShOrTbUs said:
dont think so. i think most seedbanks today just try to get their hands on NL #5. cross it with a strain that produces similar and/or favorable characteristics, and calls it their own.

either way this is all irrelevant in my situation. if the plants produce some dank i'm happy. if not, i'll have gained the experience of growing this strain. either way, this particular strain doesn't fit my current growing situation. so it will not be kept in the rotation. UNLESS it produces some serious dank. then i think i'll keep it around & try to scrog it to keep the height problems in check.

BWD might know where to find some NL.. :)

well kc brains have i nl ive been thinking about getting but because they like to grow outside havn't ordered any thong from them yet,

if i get it again i think it will be from sensi.

coming up on 7 weeks into flowering, i'm estimating 9-10 weeks on the plant in the pic, and at least 13 weeks for the other pheno to finish.

IMAG0629.jpg

been kinda bored, so decided to make my veg room more stealthy. when finished it will appear to be nothing more then a tiny closet.

ohh and the reason the drywall looks a mess is b/c of poor planning. FYI whole sheets of drywall dont fit in a sedan. it started to rain when i was in home depot. so when i got to my car with my kart full of 2 full sheets of drywall, and other random things i picked up. i had to act quickly. that is, after i stood in the rain for a minute just shaking my head at the situation i just put myself in. so i did my best to break the drywall, and stuff it in the back seat. ohh and the wife just LOVES it when i do construction in the bedroom. hahaha, not! i'm a messy builder to say the least.

i think just one pic will do this little project justice.

false wall.jpg

ok, so i did a little googling of my own about seedsmans NL. found a few journals on other forums of people getting the same pheno(if u can all it that) i did. one guy grew his 12/12 from seed. it got 4' tall and there was heavy bondage involved. 18 weeks flowering to finish. said the buds were airy, and there was a high stem to bud ratio.

i decided to chop mine down, and let the smaller girl finish. she was suffering under the mutant's canopy about 13" away from the light for 2 weeks. i'm just really excited to start my fem mix grow. running 8 different strains is gonna be interesting to say the least.

hopefully she will plump up in her few remaining weeks, now that she's the star of the show

NL 91 days, 56 flower (1).jpg

NL 91 days, 56 flower 2).jpg

NL 91 days, 56 flower (3).jpg

NL 91 days, 56 flower (4).jpg

NL 91 days, 56 flower (5).jpg

NL 91 days, 56 flower (6).jpg

checked some of the trichs today. at about 50% cloudy. i'm going to wait a little longer, see if i can get to about 20% amber. i'm confident she would have finished by now if she hadn't been sitting in the shade for a few weeks.

cut a few sugar leaves, and my eye caught a few amber trichs here and there. CHOP CHOP time. pics will be going up when im done.

thank you, TOA. she would have yeilded much more had she got optimum light for the entire flower period. i'm extremely happy with the buds though. she's kinda frosty, but the smell is what gets me. she's has a subtle fruity/berry kinda smell. but you have to be right next to it to smell it.

now i just gotta dry her, and see how she smokes :icon_smile:

nice harvest you have thier shortbus still got doing your thing huh...
so what next on the grow

- find a cardboard box that the fan will fit in.

- cut 6" diameter holes on both sides of the box. (obviously you cut a 4", 8", or 10" holes if that is the size of your fan). also cut a small hole for the power cord as well

- cut out the bottom of the box, so that it can be replaced with something that the fan can be mounted to. i used a piece of 1/2" plywood, cut to fit where the bottom used to be.

- wrap the inline fan & the power cord with plastic wrap to protect it from the insulation

- mount the fan to the plywood, and place the cardboard box over the fan.

- duct tape(god i love duct tape) the cardboard box to the plywood.

- insert the duct work into the makeshift holes and fasten it to the fan with zip ties or duct clamps.

- fill the inside with spray foam insulation. (mine took 4 bottles of insulation (6.99 each))

- close the top and duct tape it well so it stays closed.

just tested the fan, and i'm extremely happy with how much it reduced the noise level.

WARNING: do NOT touch the spray foam when it is still wet. i think i'll be scraping glue off my hands for the next week or so LOL. that'll teach me to check if the foam dried with my bare hands

I have a quick question, what do you do about heat build-up from the fan being enclose...maybe I'm just not seeing the whole picture but I would be concerned about heat ?

Latest posts

Back