Feminised vs. regular seeds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigjb

Garage Grower
Reaction score
I've never tried feminised seeds before. I'm not interested in breeding, so should I buy feminised seeds and not have to cull the males, or is there something I don't know about them?

I have just started using fem seeds. I have not finished a grow with them so I can't vouch for hermi's at the end of flowering that sometimes happen with feminized and regualr seeds too.

They sure are convenient. I like that a lot. My plants look beautiful at the moment so, so far I would say I like them.

I have just started so I can't vouch for hermi's at the end of flowering that sometimes happen with feminized and regualr seeds too.

AAAAHHH Rosebud. I'll never get any sleep now. :laugh:

Hi Mebeafarmer. how did you get your name back? I thought that was you!!!!! Welcome home guy!

No feminized seeds are not gmo. They are feminized by using colloidal silver I believe, that is one way.

Bongo, I need to show you my dead clones so you know it is always something in a grow. If you are losing sleep we need to get you on better sleep pot. :~) don't worry. stuff happens. You are going to do great.

Mr rb thought the nuclear reactor went off the first time i found a hermi. In regular seeds... Stuff happens...

I've never tried feminised seeds before. I'm not interested in breeding, so should I buy feminised seeds and not have to cull the males, or is there something I don't know about them?

In my opinion, they suck, They come up sickly and feeble compared to regular seeds. (pics on my grow)
I blame myself for most of it but still, the comparison is there, I got better yields with regular seed as well.

here's the last of my fem seeds struggling with their helmets. I don't remember seeing as much of this with regular seeds.

View attachment 100_0880.JPG

There is no guarantee that they will be female either. I got one that was from a reputable company it it turned out to be a full blown male. I have also had one hermy. So, I don't buy fem seeds unless I want a strain and that is all that is available.

There is no guarantee that they will be female either. I got one that was from a reputable company it it turned out to be a full blown male. I have also had one hermy. So, I don't buy fem seeds unless I want a strain and that is all that is available.

I'm forgetting how sick they look under LEDs so I have to backtrack on that 'sickly' comment but I still say they were smaller, frailer than I thought regulars were. Did you notice that, THG? anybody?
As for the males, yep, I got 2 out of 20 in one batch but I stressed them too. Still, I don't like the messing with nature thing, besides, I can almost FEEL the males now. Sometimes, I'll just look at a plant and my blood runs cold. Waste of friggin' nutes and power though.

Thanks you kind people. I think I'm going to stick with the regular seeds I'm used to for now.

Thanks you kind people. I think I'm going to stick with the regular seeds I'm used to for now.

Try them. They have their plus side. You don't lose half your room or more, that's infuriating. Hugely better odds on a seed free harvest. And you save on nutes and precious room space. I'm surprised nobody had anything nice to say about fem seeds. I might try them again myself haha

update 16 August 2015... I just bought seeds, all 10 feminized. Apparently, they mate two females to make feminized seeds. I've never really had a problem with that.

Last edited:
My CBD Nordle is a beautiful Feminized Seed plant.. My paypaya are somewhat smaller than my normal seeds, and I have a twin... time will tell. So nice to not have to sex and everything that sopappy said, I agree.

My CBD Nordle is a beautiful Feminized Seed plant.. My paypaya are somewhat smaller than my normal seeds, and I have a twin... time will tell. So nice to not have to sex and everything that sopappy said, I agree.

I read that a tad too quickly and saw *so nice not to have sex* and thought, wow, she must grow some killer product.

I've grown both with no bad luck, but I only grew three strains (s1) and they were stable strains. I'm back to non fem at the moment, but have no worries growing a fem bean. In fact if I like this run of PK x Heri I will probably take a few cuts and make some s1's myself.

Just my two cents but i have grown maybe close to a hundred fem seeds in last few years without a single male or a hermie. Its a random luck thing, imo

Just my two cents but i have grown maybe close to a hundred fem seeds in last few years without a single male or a hermie. Its a random luck thing, imo

Don't sell yourself short, D'man. You more likely didn't get males or hermies because of zero stress and a rosy environment than random luck.

Latest posts

Back