First Closet Grow!! Day 12, How's the setup?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jayreef

Herb Jedi
Reaction score
hello all, i've decided to start a grow journal instead of posting the the general indoor growing forum every few days. anyhow, this is day 12 of my first closet grow. I started these two "ladies" out under 4 4' 40w floros. They did alright to get them going however I just changed my setup. I now have 5 23w cfl 1600 lumens a piece 2 are 2700k and 3 are 3500k. Altogether, I have 8000 lumens in the little space I have. Thinking about adding for more bulb, what do ya'll think. Just did a transplant yesterday into some real pots. Aaaahhhhhhh! I was stressin. It didn't go to bad for a first transplant though. My little ladie wasn't bothered at all but my bigger ladie was a bit shocked. She's pullin out of it though. Anyhow here are the pics. Let me know what you think. already put picks in differnt post here's the link.
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39402

should you not be using the 6500k cfl's for veg?
Hey i'm no expert i using 600w hps duel spec lights from start to finish, just throwing it out there due to the relevant cfl's been readily available.
Anywho good luck man

thanks all. i wish i had a 600w hps dual spectrum, my dreams would be true. im not sure, is the higher spectrum for veg? im trying to find out, does anyone know?

6500 for vegging (more bluish)
2700 for flowering (more red)

but you can mix em up :peace:

k thanks. does anyone know a place on the web that sell a wide selections of cfls bulbs?

jayreef said:
k thanks. does anyone know a place on the web that sell a wide selections of cfls bulbs?

hxxp://www.1000bulbs.com/2-to-200-Watt-Compact-Fluorescent-Screw-In-Light-Bulbs/

replace the x's with t's...they hve a good selection and ok prices it seems...

thanks man, exactly what i was looking for. very appreciated

jayreef said:
thanks all. i wish i had a 600w hps dual spectrum, my dreams would be true. im not sure, is the higher spectrum for veg? im trying to find out, does anyone know?

Lol i've got 3 you can get em pretty cheap now ya know, well you can in uk anyway, sure if you looked about you'd be surprised.
Be too hot for your needs surely?

ive been browsing however with things the way they are cant afford to drop money on lights when the bills are do. no, if i had one i would use it to its full potential

I am NO expert but I just got schooled last week on the importance of good light. Honestly, if you are able to spend $150 on a good 400w HPS that will do all you need it to do there are places out there if interested (let me know). In the long run you will be happy. I wish I did my research more on light before starting (nearing harvest and it would have made for better conditions for flowering). IMO

BTW check around depending on your grow room size may have impact what size system to buy. Basically, spend the money if you can it will make a difference.

My first grow check out my threads and you can see more of what I'm talking about. Best of luck to you.

$150 for a 400w? Wow you guys have to to pay through the nose.
I can walk in a hydro shop over here and buy complete 600's, bulb, ballast, fitting, shade etc, with proper european and british standard marks for around or under equivelant of $120 and you know if you can get em for that in hydro shop they can be found cheaper.

I agree with Easyliving29 by the way and just think whatever money you put in will more than pay for itself back but hey if you dont have the cash you dont have it and i seen good results from cfl's.

I have put my very last few quid into growing as i lost my job so i made sure to set up proper to maximise my chances of getting some cash back

without a job you know how i feel about getting a $150 light, when bills are do. anyhow, thanks again all. EasyLiving, I am very interested in a cheaper light, what info do you have?

Rockstar knows a hell of a lot more than i do. Some serious knowlege there believe me.

Just curious, do you leave your tap water to let chlorine and stuff to evaporate for 24 hours.
Not saying it connected just curious cos you dint say:aok:

for sure, i will def pay attention to what she has to say. she suggested low humidity for the cause of leaf fold, so i already stuck a bowl of water in my little area to bring it up. no, i dont let it sit, should i in the future?

ok every1 just added a bowl of water a small fan for fresh air and humidity. maybe get some of the heat causing my leafs to fold out of their or bring the humidity up so it wont be to low causing them to fold. is this a good move or a bad?

Latest posts

Back