First grow, 200w LED closet grow (Aurora Indica)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoulSurfer

Reaction score
Greetings all,
I'm new to growing as well as this site but I plan to become a legit member as well as a superb grower.

Being new I was wary of purchasing seeds online, but I did my research and came to the conclusion which site was most reliable. I ordered 5 Fem Aurora Indica seeds from Nirvana on June 22nd, received them on the first!! Awesome seed bank. Germinated all 5 and all 5 sprouted successfully via cable box and closed container method. 4 germed in 15 hours! The other (biggest healthiest looking one) took a full 24. Starting this journal from Day 4. Enjoy!!

Lights: 200w LED x (80w LED x 120w ionic CFL for supplemental light)
Medium: Perlite/Vermiculite/Coco , All that plus Organic Mulch for my outdoor.
Nutes: General Hydroponics 3 part System, Lucas formula. Canna Coco nutes, Cal/mag, Triflex.
Strains: This season I will be growing 6 different strains. :icon_smile:
4x Aurora Indica Fem from Nirvana
2x Snow White Fem
2x BC GOD BUD from BCBUDDEPOT
2x Caveman OG clones(Pre 98 x Abusive OG) from my private dispensary.
1 Tahoe OG clone
1 Original OG clone
Hope y'all enjoy!! Hopefully this grow goes well.

P.S.
I also ordered 12 fem BC GOD BUD seeds from BCBudDepot the same day as I purchased the Auroras. I've read some good and horrible reviews on their customer service, but I called and they said my seeds should arrive within a month. Also ordered 5 fem Snow White seeds from Nirvana. So I'll keep y'all posted daily.

Hey SoulSurfer welcome to MP man... :48: Just so you know take a look at the rules here bc like links are not allowed to other sites... Change the http: to hxxp: so its not live...

They were still live links--you need to take the url away and some of them had not been changed. I went ahead and edited them.

We would really love to see you post your pics here for all to enjoy.

And JFYI, DIY CO2 setups are very ineffective--a waste of time, money, and energy. You will do far better just exchanging your air more often.

Sorry, I didn't know how to upload pics.
Now I do. Hope y'all enjoy!!..
Day 10!!
Can someone tell me what these lil crystals are? Baby trichs ??

Betterpic.jpg

And thanks for the tip!! Will do. I plan to eventually just get a C02 Generator.

Have you grown before? Do you have a dedicated space set up? Do you have ventilation set up? I have concern about 12 plants and only an 80W LED and a 120W CFL. That is not very much light and 12 plants are going to take a chunk of room. For example I usually put 6-8 in a space just under 20 sq ft and run a 1000W or 2 600W in there. It can also be tricky to grow 6 different strains at one time if you do not have some experience under your belt.

I'm sorry you must have misunderstood me. I'm using a 200w LED light. The 80w led is a combination of supplemental lights and I have 1 23w Ionic cfl in there as well. I am in a 3x6 closet and will be more clear and specific next time. Thank you for your concerns. I have no ventilation at the moment other than my window right next to the closet and a strong fan blowing indirectly in the grow area, also I'm always running the AC and there's a vent in the room with a humidifier and temp reader. Ill post a pic when ii get to a computer. And no the biggest plant I grew was a month old when i was only 16 and my brother killed it cause he thought the cops were coming lol. Ane as for growing 6 strains at once. I love a challenge and what better way to learn but from experience right? Plus I can always have a go next season if I have no luck this one , knowing my suppliers and all. And do u think my seedling looks healthy? Signs its a good pheno or baby trichs??

I plan on making a flowering room with an extra room I'm not using. Will prolly get a 5 - 800 LED full spectrum panel when I do. Along with the exhaust system, vent system, etc..

Will 200w led x 80w leds x 23w ionic cfl suffice for vegging? Or should I try and up my wattage?

200w LED 'Dirt Genius' for Veg and Flower, 2 15w Color LEDs, 1 50w White LED, 1 23w Ionic CFL, humidifier, temp reader. My fan is out of the pic but it's a Hampton Bay fan I've had for years, gave it a sterile cleaning and put it to use.

setupdd.jpg

:hubba: Vitraya is looking gorgeous, and growing faster than any of the others. Her sister Aurora is right behind her by an inch, they both sprouted the same day.

BAby girl close up day 11.jpg

Day 11.jpg

Babies day 11.jpg

I did a test between rockwool and professional greenhouse pellets. The pellets win. I will not be sprouting in rockwool anymore. But after they show a good root system and my root Xtenders comes from Nirvana, I will plant them in 32oz+ containers until they are ready to be transplanted. Using Coco/Perlite/ and Vermiculite. 40/40/20

I just put the coco/perlite/vermiculite mix on the bottom so the roots can have something to dig into rather than just grow on plastic.

I would question whether a mix like that is a good mix for cannabis. I am really thinking that that is far too much perlite and vermiculite and not enough "soil". Did you find this mixture recommended somewhere?

I found this info at worldseedsupply.org about vermiculite and perlite:

So essentially, perlite and vermiculite are the same in that they can retain more water than many other things, and they can aerate soil. But vermiculite differs from perlite because it retains water and creates a soil mixture that retains water, whereas perlite fosters a well-draining soil mixture. Likewise, vermiculite’s tendency to retain water makes it a good additive to mushroom substrates but a bad candidate for increasing humidity. Perlite’s hard, porous nature makes it a great mechanism for increasing the humidity of a given area but disqualifies it as a candidate for creating a substrate that will retain moisture.

I don't see the problem here.. I've seen 50/50 perlite vermiculite grows that avereaged 150g per plant. I've seen 100% grows in perlite. Every single hempy bucket aside from the straight coco growers HAVE perlite. And I'm using general hydroponics and going to water every day or 2. I appreciate your input very much but Where's tha love?

Don't take so personal soulsurfer, that is the love. Love of her experience and knowledge to help you get the best out of your grow.

Here everyone speaks up to help you learn, until you have a journal or two showing ppl your skills you gotta understand they try and give advise based on everyone being a newbee until they've seen otherwise.

If you watch the newbee threads, the good ppl here chime in to help. It might discourage a few but it's aimed to help so they get it right from start and then get a successful first try. Just look at dr green fang journal, he asked and was directed in the correct coarse. He is about to have a beautiful first harvest

Hay ShecallshimThor. I thought the same thing after re-reading it and smoking up some herbal healing, So sorry Hemp Goddess, and thank you for your wisdom. I will be adding a lot more Coco to my mix. Sorry for the doucheness. ^_^ And thank you all for viewing, it's very appreciated.

Vitraya Day 13 and Temps/Humidity.. Also added some calm music into my babies lives today. NUJABES playlist on repeat. Rest in paradise my friend you will be forever missed and live through us eternally. Positive Vibes =) An hour after playing they perked right up, I think they like his work. Haha :p

Vitraya Day 13.jpg

Vitraya.jpg

Vitrayaa.jpg

Babies Day 13.jpg

Temps and RH.jpg

Latest posts

Back