First Grow Help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xxkmanxx

Reaction score
i few weeks ago a planted about five seeds in separate pots outdoors, i plan to put them in the ground when they get bigger, but I used crappy dirt from the ground. A few sprouted already, but i want to put them in good soil. But how do i go about removing them and replacing the soil?

thanks

just prep your site and get them there ASAP. what strain are they?

its bag seed. But i wanna replace the dirt with actual good soil. How do i do this with out messin it up? i guess what im trying to ask is how do i take the old dirt out of the pot and put new better soil in?

thanks

Carefully I mean CAREFULLY turn the pot upside down holding the plant at the base. Then rinse off the dirt being very very careful not to break any of the roots. Rinse with water to clean off the old dirt...again being careful not to tear/break any of the root hairs. Most important would be the Main root (Tap root) be extra careful.
Then place it in the new soil. ;)

If it's just a sprout I would wait until it gets bigger as when its just a sprout it isn't requiring hardly any nutrients.

If your going to Put them Outside An the dirt In tha area Is Crap. Then dig a large whole an pour some good soil in. An then mix it up your going to need a shovel or some gardening tools though. An take note of what Mutt said, when digging them up.

Also if you plan on transplanting You should try to do tha least transplants as possible because it can stress tha plants. especially if you tear the tap root. it might die or take a long time to start growing again. Good luck

okay, when it starts getting bigger i was planning to use chem ferts, but then i was thinking about doing it totally organic. I just want to know if i have to worry about the NPK % since its organic. Does the totally organic ferts have the NPK numbers on it? What are some totally organic ferts that i can use? and are organic ferts more expensive then chemical ones?

thanks

they look alright dude.....but thanks for hijacking my thread... jk :)

okay i took 2 pics with my cell phone 2 days ago. I jus wanted to kno how long should i wait til i transplant em into the ground

thanks

Picture028.jpg

Picture059.jpg

i used a bucket of water for my transplant. i too a 5 gal bucket and filled it halfway with water, had the hose with low stream of water handy, once i carefully got the ball of dirt out the pot, i summerged the the dirt ball inside the bucket, while slowly rotating it inside the water, whenever i saw a big gump of dirt i sprayed it with the hose, that method seemed to work good for me, and i dont even think my plant got stressed, at least not noticeable.. try different methods till you find 1 you are comfortable with..:)

wait until its a few more inches taller. that way the roots are bound to the pot, thus easy to transplant. move them straight to there perminent home and you wont need to do this again.

you got a couple of sweet little babies there, keep up the good work 85

okay cool.....so when should i transplant em to the ground, how tall should they be when i transplant em? i jus took 2 more new pics. the 2nd pic is taller, but it has some spots on its leaves idk why. The 1st pic is lookin good.

thanks

520-1.jpg

520-2.jpg

i have no idea whats wrong wit it....maybe needs more water or something.....can someone help me out with this one?

thanks

have them little cups got drainage holes? that could be it. you could transplant them now if you wanted too. just cut th cup in half, lay it on your hand with the plant resting on your wrist/arm the n take off the other half, and put it in your hole. bury the stem a little bit to keep it anchored in the ground. this could do good or bad for the little guy that aint doing so good. i would leave them for another week, maybe.

alright thanks, i guess ill transplant them in a week....but yeah i put holes in all the cups. I started a journal, but theres nothing there yet that you guys havn't seen.

My Journal

thanks

im prob gonna transplant them into the ground tomarrow......and im gonna be using Scotts Premium Topsoil. Should i get some perlite, i have no idea what its used for, but i know people mix it in their soil. Is it for like drainage, absorbs the water?

thanks

Latest posts

Back