First grow inside

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BENNY

Reaction score
Good morning all, Ok i want to try indoor what i have is a area 12x9 i can split. how much should i used for veg i would like to try and see if i have enough room to do 5 veg 5 flower. also what kind of lights should i use for flowering. any info on how to best use this space from start to finish would be great. hell you guys know what im after. :hubba: Thank you all for your time

split the room into two ,,

i use cfls for vegging and hps for flowering ,,

i use 600w hps the bigger the watt the bigger the yield but u can use 4 long tube fluoresent lights or cfl 2 cool white and blue light fluresent will do you for veg for flowering ill prob use a hps or a metal halide for 5 plants that should be enough but you have to watch it you see cause you are spliting your room into 2 so you are going to have a light cycle of 12/12 and a 18/6 for veg so when they go into flower make sure there is no light comming through the other room otherwise it could stop or slow down your growing tiime

sharkattack1984 said:
i use 600w hps the bigger the watt the bigger the yield but u can use 4 long tube fluoresent lights or cfl 2 cool white and blue light fluresent will do you for veg for flowering ill prob use a hps or a metal halide for 5 plants that should be enough but you have to watch it you see cause you are spliting your room into 2 so you are going to have a light cycle of 12/12 and a 18/6 for veg so when they go into flower make sure there is no light comming through the other room otherwise it could stop or slow down your growing tiime

good day.. and welcome..
is your flower and veg room the same room? if so.. i would use your 600w HPS for veg.. and flower.. your 600W MH bulb will be less lumens to you and more heat for the power you will use.. IMO i would go with the 600w for both..
LH

Your flowering room should be bigger since your plants will be bigger. I use T5 floro's for germinating and vegging on a 24/0 and I use two 600 watt sodium lights for flowering on a 12/12.

Sounds like everyone has givin pretty solid advice. I agree with whoever said that you'll want your flowering room bigger. You want at a minimum 5,000 lumens for each square ft of space in the flower room, and 3,000 lumens per sq ft in veg. I have 1000w in my 4'x4' space and with new bulbs I would be pushing just under 9,000 lumens/sq. ft. In veg I'm using a high output t5 and a couple of CFL's and I'm just at the minimum of lumens for my space.

Right on everyone thanks for the info i will be useing all the info. Hey Boston you are right they will GROW everyone thanks and be safe. now for shoping for lights. right on

Latest posts

Back