First Grow- Lowryder #2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcb9134

Reaction score
Started germinating 4 of the 10 seeds that i recieved on April 22 using the paper towel method, and then moved the seeds into peat pellets after they cracked on the second day. on the third day, 2 sprouted (first picture) and after a few more days the other two poped up. i then transplanted the seedlings into 4 inch pots using MG potting soil. i know this could have been a mistake but didn't think much of it at the time and had the soil on hand. i placed the seedlings under a 4ft flourescent shop light that i used for all my vegi seedlings(yes i do grow other things:eek: ) and repotted them again into half-gallon containers when i saw a root coming from the bottom about 2 weeks later. after another week i began noticing a skunky smell so i decided to move them outside in a well hidden spot with no noticable traffic, inside a thicket of poison ivy and blackberry bushes, luckily enough i don't get a reaction to it but it might deter anyone from walking near the area. i put the plants in the ground with the plants still in the half gallon pots, because i wanted to keep the plants as small as possible. after another week it seems to be about the same size as when i put them outside except that they are now getting a bit tall like they are stretching for light, I might have to move them but really dont want to. because unfortionatly I don't have many spots to choose from that are so well hidden from peeping eyes. the spot is on the western edge of a forest and there are no trees directly above them but there are some on the eastern side. any suggestions? also I started using floranova bloom(using the seedling formula sice the MG mix already has nutes in it) after the 3rd week, as suggested by Dr. joint's guide to growing lowryders, I also just started using superthrive after seeing some of the other lowrdyers being grown. i might be over feeding the plants but it show no sights of burning and might be getting over watered (its been raining every other day). any suggestions on making them grow faster because my plants seem to be way behind compared to other people's lowryders. by the way the purpose of this grow is basically for seed but having a little bud wouldn't hurt:) i do plan on using a hydro system after getting my own house, testing my homemade system with tomatos right now before using it on the more precious plants. the last picture is from a 5 days ago had a hail storm that lasted 5 seconds with marble sized hail. only had a little leaf damage but making a comeback, the other 3 plants were inside at the time and were saved from damage, will post newer pics tomarrow.

0427080934.jpg

0513080737.jpg

0515081337.jpg

Hey..Hey..welcome My Friend to a Great site to learn, and share glad to have you..Please read site rules and Keep M GREEN.

the first pic is from the plant that was first set out, it stretched quite a bit and is about 10'' tall while the others are 5-6'' tall. i just moved it next to another plant on the edge of the forest which is a spot that seems to get more light(but its mostly indirect light :mad:) and you can see the diffrence in height between the two(second pic). the last two pics are from another spot where i have my other two plants this spot doesn't get as much light as the other area, could this be why the leaves are raised up? all plants are about 3 weeks 5 days old since I started germinating the seed, do these seem small for their age? i still haven't seen any male or female parts yet (do remember these are autoflowering plants).

0520081047.jpg

0520081057.jpg

0520081059.jpg

0520081059a.jpg

the plants seem to be stretching a bit more, still no sign of flowers. all plant are now about 12 inches except for one that is about 18 in.:watchplant: this plant seems that it just wont stop stretching no mater where i move it. wish i could put it indoors, anyways heres some pics anyone who has some experience with lowryders got any tips for me? i am going to try and cut away some of the plants that might be blocking some light next time i go out.

0525081816.jpg

0525081818.jpg

Hey man, can't wait to see how this grow will end, because I have never saw LR2's outside. Good luck and keep it up!:headbang:

Best of luck with your grow man, i'm doing a Lowryder 2 grow aswell, im 3 weeks and 6 days from seed now and i can see 2 females already. All 10 are outside in pots.

my plants just started to flower, i have 3 females out of the 4 plants so far and im waiting to see if i can get a male. i worried that i won't because males usually show sex earlier:)holysheep: . but on the bright side i might get 4 nice gals to smoke, although this grow was origionally for seed.
the first pic is of my unknown plant, and the stretching plant on the right which has what i see to be the most developed flower because it has lots of white pistils on top of the plant which is in the second pic but cant really see too well because its a camera on my cell. and the third pic is of my other two ladies in another spot, they dont have as many pistils as the first but can definately tell that they are girls.

0528081055.jpg

0528081056.jpg

0528081059.jpg

Nice looking ladies:D. I just ordered a pack of these a couple days ago.

the buds are growing quick, still haven't determined the sex of one of the plants, but looks like its going to be female from the shape of the plant. heres a few more pics, cant believe that they had nothin but a few hairs 3 days ago.:)

0601081219.jpg

0601081220.jpg

0601081222.jpg

0601081223.jpg

0601081223a.jpg

just confirmed that the last of the 4 plants was a female so that kinda bums me out seeing that i wanted to breed them for seed but oh well just means that i get more bud. i also fertilized them with some flora nova bloom(used 1/4 teaspoon per .5 liter bottle of water, is this too much since the plants are in MG potting mix that already has ferts in it?) and a drop of superthrive. it has been raining alot lately so im hoping the MG nutes has been leached out but i gues this is probly unlikely since its time release aimed at lasting for 3 months. will start posting pics every week, was goin to post some today but it was so bright that the plants looked like a blur. i also recently started to see bugs on my plants, one type looks like a small black round beetle and the other are long and skiny bugs that look like a sucker type, if i start to see and damage to the plant i plan on spraying with safer 3-in-1 which is a insecticidal soap and sulfur mix for bugs and diseases. any suggestions?

heres a pic from today(my biggest girl) will get more soon, sorry about glare will start taking pics in the evening or try to at least.

0606081412.jpg

heres some pics of the buds, fertilized with some more floranova bloom and a bit of superthrive today and took this pic while i was out there. plants are looking great despite the high heat and little rain:) alot of my other plants are wilted no matter how much water i give them.

0609081301.jpg

0609081303.jpg

0609081305.jpg

0609081306.jpg

nice plants havent seen to maney lowryder grows outside but they look good so far i cant wait till im able to grow my lowryders.keep up the good work and keep the pics coming

went out to my plants again today (go about twice a week) and found a large number of small trichomes on one of my plants (the one that stretched alot at the beginning)=) so i decieded to go ahead and put up some more pics to celebrate. forgot to take a pic of the top of the plant with trichs, but got a side view(first pic), and a pic of the other plant that only had a few(4th pic)

0613081220.jpg

0613081220a.jpg

0613081223.jpg

0613081223a.jpg

0613081224.jpg

well its been about 2 weeks since the start of flowering, and took a bunch of pics. all plants have at least some trichomes, but 2 of the 4 have much bigger flowers compared to the other 2. took a bunch of pics of the plant with the biggest flowers=). I also noticed that there are some small holes in the leafs of my largest plant, and some small black things that look like insect droppings on the leafs. but i think that the droppings came from some insects that were eating some blackberry plants right next to the girls. but still not sure what these holes on top of the leaf are(first pic).anyone got any ideas? haven't seen many bugs on my plants recently so im wondering what it could be.

0616081117.jpg

0616081112.jpg

0616081113.jpg

0616081113a.jpg

0616081113b.jpg

0616081115.jpg

0616081115a.jpg

0616081116.jpg

only a month away from harvest since lowryders are supposed to finish flowering in 5-6 weeks. hoping that these get mich bigger.=)

ok well its the 3rd week and some of the lower leaves are begining to turn yellow and die, not sure if its from too much nutes or if its from the plant nearing its end. anyway heres a bunch of pics, one is really starting to become frosty:D .

0623081831.jpg

0623081831a.jpg

0623081831b.jpg

0623081831c.jpg

0623081834.jpg

0623081835.jpg

0623081835a.jpg

0623081835b.jpg

0623081836.jpg

the only thing i can say way they havent got much bigger or fuller is ther outside if they were under 24/0 hrs of light a day then you would see much diffrence well hope that helps some

its the 4th week since i started noticing flowers and decided to check the trichomes with a microcrope that i got about many years ago but problem is it starts at 100x and cant see the color of the triches because everything is dark and can also only see the edge of the leaf. any sugestions on a good microscope or a way to see the triches on top of the leaf using the microscope i got? any way heres a few pics

0629081700.jpg

0629081700a.jpg

0629081700b.jpg

0629081700c.jpg

0629081703.jpg

0629081704a.jpg

0629081704b.jpg

yeah unfortionately i dont have the luxury of being able to grow inside this why i planned when i started growing so that it would flower in the longest days of summer, would also helped if i could have planted on a area with southern exposure of light but had to work with what i got...

Latest posts

Back